So tired and hurt

iLoveSugar

I've moaned and groaned a lot, but periodically like to see if any new advice is thrown around.

I'm literally exhausted from morning until night, and then come alive around 10 PM. I'm also so sore all day. I'm talking jolting pains all over my body.

This can't be normal. Middle aged male.

Done every possible change with diet over the years, tried B1, different sources of magnesium, etc.

I also do not heal when I get an injury. And if I do, it takes like 3-4x the amount as normal.

Any suggestions or things to try? I would love some energy, mental clarity, and to not hurt.

JohnHafterson

Have you tried pregnenolone higher doses split throughout day? Some interesting older research on it for pain of unknown origin, rheumatism, healing, and similar enigmatic conditions.

For wound healing, general anti aging, and energy I use Carnosine 2-3 times daily 500mg with meals it's a pleiotropic agent.

Other things for wounds include low dose zinc and gelatin or gelatinous foods for the proline/hydroxyproline/glycine.

How is your Vit D level?

maillol

Having experimented with a lot of different things for health the ones that have helped me the most have been lowering iron by donating blood and eliminating oxalates. I know the low oxalate scene has a bit of a facebook-mum image but there really is value in it.

Aromasin

You say you've been sick for a long time.
Have your issues began after some particular event? Like an infection, medication use, whatever?

youngsinatra

It’s important to balance B1 with sufficient B2, B3, B5 for optimal pyruvate dehydrogenase function and Acetyl-CoA formation. These are also required in the TCA cycle and ETC.

B1 HCL (600mg)
B2 (30mg)
B3 - preferable nicotinic acid (100-200mg in 30-50mg split doses throughout the day)
B5 (100-200mg)

I also like the combo of B12, folate and biotin to lower excess NO that block many enzymes in and outside of the mitochondria.

I like to buy bulkpowders or liquid droppers of each B vitamin and dose accordingly to my needs.

Last edited:

Tarmander

There are unlimited amounts of things to try

You will always get new suggestions. Until you find the root cause, it will be like walking in the dark.

Has anything actually worked over the years?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

There are unlimited amounts of things to try

You will always get new suggestions. Until you find the root cause, it will be like walking in the dark.

Has anything actually worked over the years?
I haven't found the root cause. Gut issues? Long standing virus? I'm not sure. The only thing that semi works is laying on the beach at the ocean but that is only temporary.

Thinking of dropping milk for a while although I have no idea how I'll get nutrition in. Its pretty much my go-to right now.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Have you tried pregnenolone higher doses split throughout day? Some interesting older research on it for pain of unknown origin, rheumatism, healing, and similar enigmatic conditions.

For wound healing, general anti aging, and energy I use Carnosine 2-3 times daily 500mg with meals it's a pleiotropic agent.

Other things for wounds include low dose zinc and gelatin or gelatinous foods for the proline/hydroxyproline/glycine.

How is your Vit D level?
I do take pregnenolone but in very small doses. I think it's almost impossible to find a great source. I've thought of zinc before, but stayed away due to not wanting to imbalance copper.

Vit D has notoriously been low, bug I stated supplementing D alot and I spend 3 hours or so in the sun now on sunny days.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Having experimented with a lot of different things for health the ones that have helped me the most have been lowering iron by donating blood and eliminating oxalates. I know the low oxalate scene has a bit of a facebook-mum image but there really is value in it.
Been really considering this of late, but my iron and ferritin is already on the lower side.

I've been considering because my hematocrit and hemoglobin are high.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I haven't been taking any other Bs beside 1 (300mg).
It’s important to balance B1 with sufficient B2, B3, B5 for optimal pyruvate dehydrogenase function and Acetyl-CoA formation. These are also required in the TCA cycle and ETC.

B1 HCL (600mg)
B2 (30mg)
B3 - preferable nicotinic acid (100-200mg in 30-50mg split doses throughout the day)
B5 (100-200mg)

I also like the combo of B12, folate and biotin to lower excess NO that block many enzymes in and outside of the mitochondria.

I like to buy bulkpowders or liquid droppers of each B vitamin and dose accordingly to my needs

Atelier

I've moaned and groaned a lot, but periodically like to see if any new advice is thrown around.

I'm literally exhausted from morning until night, and then come alive around 10 PM. I'm also so sore all day. I'm talking jolting pains all over my body.

This can't be normal. Middle aged male.

Done every possible change with diet over the years, tried B1, different sources of magnesium, etc.

I also do not heal when I get an injury. And if I do, it takes like 3-4x the amount as normal.

Any suggestions or things to try? I would love some energy, mental clarity, and to not hurt.
What do you mean by "when I get an injury"?
How do you get injured, by sport?

youngsinatra

I haven't been taking any other Bs beside 1 (300mg).
Very worth a try in my opinion.

Even just the addition of niacin fixed my chronic zinc (red meat, oyster, supplement) intolerance. The B‘s are so valuable when done right.

My mother likes the „Thiactive B“ Complex from the company„Objective Nutrients“. In a matter of a week it fixed her severe muscle pain and weakness. Before that she was only taking B1 and B12 and it depleted the other B‘s in my opinion.

Sitaruîm

Even just the addition of niacin fixed my chronic zinc (red meat, oyster, supplement) intolerance. The B‘s are so valuable when done right.

My mother likes the „Thiactive B“ Complex from the company„Objective Nutrients“. In a matter of a week it fixed her severe muscle pain and weakness. Before that she was only taking B1 and B12 and it depleted the other B‘s in my opinion.
What do you think about Energin as a B complex? Any crititicism or concerns?

youngsinatra

What do you think about Energin as a B complex? Any crititicism or concerns?
Lacks folate and B12. Otherwise potent ingredients. I personally space out B5 and biotin administration by a few hours because they compete for the same transporter in the gut.

Kyle970

Wouldn't supplementing b1 and mag cause a potassium deficiency, which would put a halt on intestine motility/smooth muscle, etc?

Tarmander

I haven't found the root cause. Gut issues? Long standing virus? I'm not sure. The only thing that semi works is laying on the beach at the ocean but that is only temporary.

Thinking of dropping milk for a while although I have no idea how I'll get nutrition in. Its pretty much my go-to right now.
In the sun? Does vitamin D do anything?

Gotta find something that works so you at least have a trail. Who cares if you drop milk or do whatever if nothing does anything

OP
I

iLoveSugar

What do you mean by "when I get an injury"?
How do you get injured, by sport?
Such as getting a tooth pulled. My recovery is 1 month instead of 1 week. Or injuring my toe. Instead of a month or so, over a year later its still inflammed. Or even working out, I'm sore for days.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Would it be better to take brewer's yeast, or take all the individual bs?

Ledo

Such as getting a tooth pulled. My recovery is 1 month instead of 1 week. Or injuring my toe. Instead of a month or so, over a year later its still inflammed. Or even working out, I'm sore for days.
Try going low carb or even carnivore for a short time. If its going to work it will do so quickly. Make sure to eat enough fat, 50% aprox and no dairy.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Try going low carb or even carnivore for a short time. If its going to work it will do so quickly. Make sure to eat enough fat, 50% aprox and no dairy.
I essentially did this for 2 years when I was following GAPS/SCD.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals