Best Anti-aging/reverse Senescence Regimens/methods Today?

I've been under a lot of stress and feel it's done some slight early aging.

I've followed the whole anti-aging stuff for a while now, and it looks promising but still in its infancy. There are some companies even, like Bio-Viva, that are striving to continue methods of reverse aging and such. I'm also always trying to maximize health in every way.

I know of some supplements with potential cellular benefits regarding aging, like grape seed extract; Resveratrol; quercetin; even fish oil has been attributed to reversing aging I've read somewhere. What I'm looking for is more of a health+anti-aging combo that's most efficient/least risky.

I'm sure there are more, including natural foods, that are possibly linked to helping the body age slower or even reverse aging to some extent over enough time/use/etc.

I'm definitely the type of person to strive making as many smart choices I can on helping to fight aging/aging related illnesses/etc. I currently don't really do anything other than some Peat-friendly dieting somewhat to prevent/slow aging (some exercise too, but not much). My issues are more with mental clarity, balance, and fighting off fatigue/exhaustion (and all of these things can impact the mind, which can become a vicious circle affecting age). I'm trying to get to a lower/healthier bodyfat and work with endotoxins/toxins/etc. and get a good "balance" of my system. There's a lot of stuff I haven't tried that could possibly help me.

Does anyone here have any personal suggestions/theories/etc. on what can further slow down or even help possibly reverse senescence in diet or food or some other way? I'm pretty sure there're few to no ways of directly doing this for most humans at least (like direct DNA/cellular therapies or such that aim to do this).

There are basically two ages: the age you are inside and the time you've lived. Some people are only 30 but have cells aged to 50; and vice-versa. I definitely want to be the older/oldest person with the younger, more vibrant body than the stressed out younger person with a body more like a middle-aged+ person.

I'm open to any alternative diets, medicines, mind-body ideas and etc. Let's live forever!

Last edited:

lampofred

Restricting PUFA and iron is preventing me from degenerating further, but only coffee and aspirin have been able to actually reverse some signs of aging.

lampofred

What about MB and redlight?

I really like MB but I don't know if it's physically changing any signs of aging. Red light makes a big impact when I do use it but it's not practical for me to use for extended periods of time regularly.

Dobbler

Low PUFA intake and lowering the stores most important. What ever type of diet you eat, PUFA does absolutely nothing beneficial.
Ray and Haidut have said that restricting FFAs can heal probably any organ damage, so being a carb burner is important, you don't want to use the stress metabolism.
High thyroid function naturally or supplementing thyroid with carbs is safe metabolism.
Cleaning the gut with antibiotics and/or diet and herbals is right up there atleast in my list.
Make changes to your lifestyle to make it more stress free, if possible.

lampofred

Ray and Haidut have said that restricting FFAs can heal probably any organ damage

Wow do you links to interviews where they talk about this in more detail?

Dobbler

Wow do you links to interviews where they talk about this in more detail?
I think they are scattered all over the place, but if i recall correctly it was something like if blocking FFAs can heal the liver, pancreas, heart, kidneys and brain , and as those organs are extremely delicate and important, i dont see why it wouldnt help other organs too. But dont take my word on it.

OP
MetabolicTrash
I’m using a ghk-copper peptide someone else recommended on the forum. I don’t have large pores but I feel like it’s making my skin look younger and more taunt so maybe it’s shrinking the pores I do have.

Speaking of which, do we know how to remove/reverse lipofuscin?

Searching the forum shows vitamin E and alcohol as POTENTIAL ways to remove lipofuscin

That's the tricky part that's still kind of a grey area. A lot of science and evidence at this point would spell out that aging is the result of poorer cell replication/issues replacing DNA/accumulation of wastes like lipofuscin and etc.

The problem is that there's no perfect way (at least that I've heard of) wherein, say, a scientist or tester using some sort of death or aging biomarker could very closely identify or trace back a finalized result (death) with an immediate prior (the "cause") when the death itself wasn't tied to any specific medical condition/disease/enzyme/etc. People know -- even outside of science -- that as they get older their bodies become less efficient at doing things. By keeping active and/or at least some training you maintain better posture and help autophagy to some degree I think too.

The problem is that even if you upkeep this, a time comes when it still -- despite your efforts -- falls shorter and shorter. I've even read/heard of specific aging being sometimes associated in a more path-based method (such as aging being liked a fixed-state which only the alteration of such a thing could change definitively).

I can't blame anyone since us humans/animals/the universe/etc. is so extremely complex that nobody really knows "everything" or else we'd live in an always predictable world with no surprises of any sort. I do support and appreciate obviously any methods or efforts to further understand or help combat/stop aging.

It seems even if we have the basic understanding on how aging works and can be even be stopped on some level, we have no efficient way of doing this. But at the very least people ought to learn more about what can age you/damage DNA/affect any process of your body remaining youthful from the micro to the macro/perceivable level.

Another thing is that people often associate death with some form of unhealthiness or disease, but in thinking such we're basically admitting that aging is a slow disease we all have to keep fighting against, even if the job is mostly done inside us by forces we don't directly control. In knowing this we should incorporate any ways to keep our cells and bodies and etc. as efficient as possible, starting with basics like exercise/resistance, smarter diets, and supplements known to help autophagy/etc.

Also, some here and I've even seen quotes of Peat mentioning that fasting/IF is "bad," but plenty of evidence supports the idea that IF helps with autophagy, which then lessens any accumulation potential of lipofuscin. Exercise, fasting, and optimal diet/supplementation/overall healthy habits is the bare minimum to keep along a better battle against aging. I've just even heard of some new things that could potentially reduce lipofuscin, but only in some experiments in labs/etc. -- nothing you'd get your hands on in normal situations. But this stuff requires time dedication and learning and I'm not very knowledgeable on all of this yet.

But it's also important to note that death itself isn't always associated with a certain degree of aging. In some people with "sudden death" cases, there could've been some genetically-affected/underlying cause that triggered some other function which then resulted in death in someone otherwise young/healthy/etc. In some ways I believe this could be a more genetically-driven issue for some people, as their genes might have a more stronger hold/play when it comes to their aging process, which is why gene therapy/etc. is such a great thing to slowly make to the surface. No more "bad genes" or etc. is what we want in the somewhat near future, at least in this case of the genetic influences on aging/damage/degeneration/diseases/etc.

Also, for anyone curious of some supplements/therapies/etc. that can possibly help/prevent aging damage, here are all of the ones I know of currently:

Resveratrol; berberine; quercetin; bromelain; grape seed extract; Tru-Niagen/NAD+ Nicotinamide Riboside; lithium; N-acetly L Cysteine/Myricetin; Metformin; Good Vit. E supplementation (not too sure of this one though); Dasatinib; Fisetin; Navitoclax; various potential senolytic experimental/drugs; senotherapy/senomorphics; melatonin; carnotine; and Delta sleep-inducing peptide/DSIPs/neuropeptides in general possibly.

Remember that I'm not telling anyone to just go buy/try all of this stuff -- just pointing out possibilities. Aside from this you'd also want to consider which specific route you'd go in doing such anti-aging methods that might be most relevant to you + diet/exercise/other health regimens/considerations. What I would recommend (which is what I plan on doing) is getting DNA testing/etc. and learning everything you can about your current state of health/genetic markup/biomarkers/etc. and then determining optimal dieting, exercise, thyroid if necessary, etc. -- and then factoring in which set of senolytic/supplemental stack/gene therapies could possibly be most ideal for you.

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

Plenty of good advice, and I would add consuming the water of life, drinking from your own cistern, indulging in the fountain of youth. By this I of course mean practicing Shivambu Shastra, the Mother of Ayurvedic Medicine.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
My suggestion for anti-aging and balance is to get down and up from the floor without using your hands several times a day such as when putting shoes and socks on and off.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My suggestion for anti-aging and balance is to get down and up from the floor without using your hands several times a day such as when putting shoes and socks on and off.
I'm going to try this!!!

Opioidus

Increasing metabolism a la peat will inevitably and undoubtedly result in more rapid aging. This is basically the very reason that the entire scientific community turned away from high metabolism. Some. Scientist a hundred years ago put some bacteria or fungi in a petri dish, heated them up and saw them replicate/die faster, then he did the same but applied ice under the dish and saw the process slow down, and came to the possibly correct conclusion that heat bad/cold good and the rest is history.

It's a question of quality vs quantity. If you want to live well you need high testosterone, high thyroid, a body that's hot to the touch, high energy levels... All of which are known to lower lifespan. Do you want 85 years of medium to low-quality life or 65 years of high-quality life?

Last edited:

milkboi

Increasing metabolism a la peat will inevitably and undoubtedly result in more rapid aging. This is basically the very reason that the entire scientific community turned away from high metabolism. Some. Scientist a hundred years ago put some bacteria or fungi in a petri dish, heated them up and saw them replicate/die faster, then he did the same but applied ice under the dish and saw the process slow down, and came to the possibly correct conclusion that heat bad/cold good and the rest is history.

It's a question of quality vs quantity. If you want to live well you need high testosterone, high thyroid, a body that's hot to the touch, high energy levels... All of which are known to lower lifespan. Do you want 85 years of medium to low-quality life or 65 years of high-quality life?

If it is that way, so be it.

I wonder tho if PUFA depletion/low PUFA content of ones adipose tissue can hold the damage of higher heat, or even nullify it.

revenant

Have you read Peat's writings? I came from the life extension crowd and thought low metabolism was good, until I came across Peat. I definitely wouldn't use the word "undoubtedly" here.

Opioidus

Have you read Peat's writings? I came from the life extension crowd and thought low metabolism was good, until I came across Peat. I definitely wouldn't use the word "undoubtedly" here.
I don't think a high metabolic rate is bad, it's bad for aging but it's great for life. As to its relation to rapid aging and increased mortality, there was this study a couple of years ago with pretty damning evidence: Increased metabolic rate may lead to accelerated aging

Although their sample size was small but it affirmed a massive body of evidence we have with animal models and also comon sense. At any rate there is always a tradeoff in life, be suspicious of those who promise everything for nothing.

Ketotifen and montelukast for brain aging.

revenant

I don't think a high metabolic rate is bad, it's bad for aging but it's great for life. As to its relation to rapid aging and increased mortality, there was this study a couple of years ago with pretty damning evidence: Increased metabolic rate may lead to accelerated aging

Although their sample size was small but it affirmed a massive body of evidence we have with animal models and also comon sense. At any rate there is always a tradeoff in life, be suspicious of those who promise everything for nothing.

That's an interesting study, maybe @haidut or someone else with more knowledge can comment on it?

Calorie restriction may work simply because of lower consumption of PUFAs, tryptophan and methionine.

I think the whole idea that you choose between a long and miserable life vs. a short but enjoyable life is questionable. It's basically the old "rate of living" theory.

Texon

Interesting. Well, parrots have a very high metabolism and live a very long time. Not sure about giant tortoises though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals