Aging and disease are the same process, driven by low metabolism

rayfan1

the older you are, the less hormones you have, therefore bone loss, hair loss, low hormones cause aging! thats why old people shrink and look dehydrated. they dont have enough collagen in and under the skin to look smooth! hormones, collagen intake, vitamin C, all help build collagen. old people are DEPLETED. Im replacing my hormones and look younger every day :)11 years of bio identical HRT and Peat-ish diet. it works
That’s inspiring to know BHRT works. Am 54 postmenopausal and just got progesterone and estradiol for my tanked hormones and am vacillating as I’ve been reading different pro and con theories. Do you take testosterone too? Not sure why my doc didn’t prescribe T as it is crazy low too. Is T needed for women? Can you please share your diet as am coming from the ketovore world and ran into Georgi’s podcast which led me to this wonderful forum; newbie and feel connected already. I have a 26 yr old history of Hashimotos and searching for healing answers everywhere. Thanks in advance!

ReSTART

Viewing aging as a disease, you can define the ageing process as,

A process of gradual decline in general health over time, symptoms in include lower test (men), lower thyroid hormones, lower temp and likely onset of diabetes, arthritis, wrinkling and sagging skin, etc.

The main causes of ageing are physical stress and mental/emotional stress. Such as, bad sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise, drug & alcohol abuse, long working hours, etc.

Building on that, anything that can keep thyroid and temp high will slow ageing when combined with a high-calorie diet.

I think the best way to slow ageing right now is eating a high-calorie diet and having high thyroid levels and high temp. Pharmaceuticals such as synthetic thyroid and compounded medicine like NDT can be used to slow ageing but cautiously under medical supervision.

yerrag

If there were no pharma, disease and aging would be one and the same. Because disease is allowed to come out into the surface, expressed in the skin and hair. Instead of the symptoms being suppressed, as with what modern medicine does.

With modern medicine, one may look young on the outside, but the insides are rotting, and even as they rot, the disease gets worse inside but because modern drugs suppress symptoms, the external appearance would deceive and would tell others of a youthful look. In physical outward terms, the person has youth. Internally though, he is very much diseased.

It is better to look older if that older look is the result of allowing the body to adapt to disease. In this way, the body will focus on survival rather than on putting lip gloss The wisdom of the body will make it adapt so that it's internal organs do not deteriorate. Resources will not be focused on the external, as beautiful skin and long silky hair is not needed to survive.

Certainly, mitochondrial health is paramount. As with it, one can withstand the presence of toxins and pathogens much better.

And by not relying on modern pharma, which really has no viable long term solutions in the area of toxins and pathogens, one may rid the body of toxins and be able to put pathogens at bay. This would add to the level of energy available to the indivisual.

This abundance of energy makes us young both inside and out. You are awake and energetic during the day, and you get a good night's sleep. You aren't on survival mode, but on development mode. Skin, hair, and reproductive organs stay young, and the brain develops even further. Being wise is not a feature of aging but of growing old.

An example of modern pharma at work is the unconditional vilification of high blood pressure. Instead of viewing it as an adaptation to disease, to improve chances of survival, pharma writes articles that talk of hypertension in itself as an evil.

So much so that people are forced to take hypertensive medication in order to pass the 120/80 standard of bp, in order to qualify for life insurance and/or Healthcare insurance. It is another inanity of many, as one has to get sicker by being drugged - in order to be protected.

Modern pharma makes us develop this tunnel vision where blood pressure has to meet their level of normal. While not letting us know what we give up in terms of our health.

I've been tracking my bp and my ECG QTc (which is a proxy for our thyroid health) and I would notice that each time my bp goes down, my thyroid status goes down as well ( QTc higher as thyroid status gets worse off).

This alone should us that the use of hypertensive medication not only does not address the root cause of the disease, but also worsens our metabolism.

This practice makes us go towards a chronically diseased state and makes us age faster as well.

rayfan1

the older you are, the less hormones you have, therefore bone loss, hair loss, low hormones cause aging! thats why old people shrink and look dehydrated. they dont have enough collagen in and under the skin to look smooth! hormones, collagen intake, vitamin C, all help build collagen. old people are DEPLETED. Im replacing my hormones and look younger every day :)11 years of bio identical HRT and Peat-ish diet. it works
What does your diet include? Please share.

DeadCatBounce

The real question is - why are your hormones going down as you age in the first place so you need to replace them from the outside ? Meaning you are already aging and your hormones going down is a result of that. You taking them from outside source is "fixing" ONE of MANY(and I mean MANY) problems that occur as we age. And you are fixing a downstream problem and they may temporarely help you look better but will they fix overall mortality ? I don't think so. But they may help you look good in the coffin.