Aging Associated With A Loss Of Ability To Metabolize Glucose

Emstar1892

Brian said:
post 105763
Amazoniac said:
post 105760
…And not a darned thing else. Kempner summed up the details himself in a 1974 article, readable here:

A patient takes an average of 250 to 350 gm. of rice (dry weight) daily; any kind of rice may be used provided no sodium, chloride, milk, etc. has been added during its processing. … All fruit juices and fruits are allowed, with the exception of nuts, [highlight=yellow]dates[/highlight], avocados and any dried or canned fruit or fruit derivatives to which substances other than white sugar have been added. [highlight=yellow]Not more than one banana a day should be taken[/highlight]. White sugar and dextrose may be used ad libitum; on an average a patient takes about 100 grams daily, but, if necessary, as much as 500 grams daily should be used. [highlight=yellow]Tomato[/highlight] and vegetable juices are not allowed.
?

That's just one of the studies Denise presents as evidence showing that a high carb low fat diet can be very effective for improving glucose metabolism and insulin resistance. Dates and bananas may work for some people, but I think generally people do better on lower fiber carb sources when first attempting to improve metabolism unless the fruits are very ripe and maybe blended or cooked to increase digestibility.

Hey Brian! Are you someone who has overcome insulin resistance? Or who is overcoming it now? I'm looking to chat to someone here who may shed some light on my situation :) no worries if not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian

Emstar1892 said:
Hey Brian! Are you someone who has overcome insulin resistance? Or who is overcoming it now? I'm looking to chat to someone here who may shed some light on my situation :) no worries if not.

Over the last few years I've probably overcome and slipped back into insulin resistance a couple times. Now that I understand things better I'm currently trying to optimize my carb metabolism. I wouldn't say I'm the most qualified to ask for advice, so I would just start a thread and leave it open for others to chime in as well. Maybe start a personal log.

Parsifal

What if we are eating mainly fructose from fruits and a lot less glucose? The cells can oxidize fructose very easily no?

johnwester130

if you eat white sugar

yes, supplementing
b1,
b6,
niacinamide,
biotin
may be a good idea

although coconut sugar , I think, has the b vitamins still in it . is coconut sugar peat approved ?

Peata

Has anyone made progress with this since the last post?

I'm a week into low fat, high carb, med/high protein. I have done this before without success, but I haven't given up. I haven't lost any weight this time, but I usually feel less bloated. I'm going to take Biotin.

Last edited:

Ideonaut

my coffee isn't lab-made :D
Looks like if you're "old" you're up ***t creek metabolically and the only paddles are not entirely natural. I'd rather go natural--Peat said somewhere he thought a person could do well just supplementing E and salt-- but whatever works and whatever it takes--I'd like to rejuvenate my metabolism. "Gib mir meine Jugend zurueck!"--give me my youth back! Goethe, Faust (someone can correct that quote if they want, but it's close.)

Peata

It's like haidut said in that first post, trying to manipulate my use of sugar through diet alone did not help. At least twice since I started the peaty stuff, I have lowered fat, raised carbs, etc. (and a couple times just used fructose even) with no result, or at least any lasting result on weight or health improvement. I experimented with caffeine, B vitamins, pretty much everything except thyroid (though I did try a natural dessicated thyroid for a while). However, I seem to be having success with aspirin now, in addition to "normal amounts" of coffee/caffeine and some niacinamide. I'll update at some point if things continue to progress.

Adding: As far as diet, I'm eating around 70 g. protein, 200 g. carbs give or take, and around 35% fat. I do not purposefully restrict calories to a low amount at this point but they seem to be falling between 1,700 - 2,100 most days with no feeling of deprivation. Weight is slowly coming off.

I supplement with aspirin, K2, niacinamide, pregnenolone, and Lapodin. I get caffeine through coffee but occasional supplementing 100-200 mg. caffeine on work days, along with some theanine. Occasional glycine with a muscle meat.

Here's what Haidut said: Ray says that instead we should be providing more glucose to inhibit the Randle effect. However, simply providing more glucose may not be sufficient - i.e. the cells may have damage already and are unable to oxidize glucose. I actually wrote about this in one of my "rants" - i.e. just loading up on glucose may not do the trick since damaged cells have reduced ability to oxidize the glucose anyways. What is needed are agents that "force" the damaged / aging cell to oxidize glucose again. Two such excellent agents are caffeine and thyroid, with aspirin also showing some effectiveness."

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It's like haidut said in that first post, trying to manipulate my use of sugar through diet alone did not help. At least twice since I started the peaty stuff, I have lowered fat, raised carbs, etc. (and a couple times just used fructose even) with no result, or at least any lasting result on weight or health improvement. I experimented with caffeine, B vitamins, pretty much everything except thyroid (though I did try a natural dessicated thyroid for a while). However, I seem to be having success with aspirin now, in addition to "normal amounts" of coffee/caffeine and some niacinamide. I'll update at some point if things continue to progress.

Adding: As far as diet, I'm eating around 70 g. protein, 200 g. carbs give or take, and around 35% fat. I do not purposefully restrict calories to a low amount at this point but they seem to be falling between 1,700 - 2,100 most days with no feeling of deprivation. Weight is slowly coming off.

I supplement with aspirin, K2, niacinamide, pregnenolone, and Lapodin. I get caffeine through coffee but occasional supplementing 100-200 mg. caffeine on work days, along with some theanine. Occasional glycine with a muscle meat.

Here's what Haidut said: Ray says that instead we should be providing more glucose to inhibit the Randle effect. However, simply providing more glucose may not be sufficient - i.e. the cells may have damage already and are unable to oxidize glucose. I actually wrote about this in one of my "rants" - i.e. just loading up on glucose may not do the trick since damaged cells have reduced ability to oxidize the glucose anyways. What is needed are agents that "force" the damaged / aging cell to oxidize glucose again. Two such excellent agents are caffeine and thyroid, with aspirin also showing some effectiveness."

And I would now add glycine to that list.
Aging in human mitochondria fully reversed by glycine

PhilParma

Things I've used to attempt to control blood sugar swings:

B vitamins (all of them, various doses)
high magnesium/low calcium
low fat
potassium (cream of tartar)
coffee (1-6 cups per day)
Vitamins ADEK
gelatin (10-50g per day)
aspirin (.3-3g per day)
fructose sweetener
plus probably a few other things I can't remember. None of them have *seemed* to help. However, I'm a few days into experimenting with methylene blue. I wasn't expecting it to help with blood sugar symptoms b/c I've only seen haidut mention it once or twice with regard to diabetes/insulin/glucose problems, but I'm quite encouraged with how 200mcg doses seem to immediately eliminate brain fog/fatigue symptoms, especially the brain fog. I really think this stuff might be helping me to better utilize glucose. Maybe not though; I've been falsely encouraged before (by biotin.) I'll update in a couple weeks or so on whether I think MB is really "working" for me.

J

James IV

I think we are making insulin resistance too complicated. If you are eating quality foods, and you are still insulin resistant, it's likely you are eating an inappropriate amount of carbohydrate in relation to your glucose needs. Insulin resistance is likely the bodies attempt to save cells from glycolytic damage. I don't believe trying to figure out ways to eat more sugar, is very wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

sugarisgreat

This makes logical sense. I can eat fruit, but once I add a lot of sugar to try to up my calories-my body just cannot process it all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals