Potassium Deficiency, Pancreas, Insulin And Glucose Metabolism

Amazoniac

People that kiss with the eyes open to monitor if the surroundings are safe,

Effect of experimental potassium deficiency on glucose and insulin metabolism
"Our results indicate that mild-to-moderate potassium depletion, of a magnitude commonly encountered in clinical practice, does cause a decrease in glucose tolerance associated with impaired insulin secretion, and that alteration in periph- eral tissue sensitivity to insulin is inconstant and of less significance in the pathogenesis of glucose intolerance. The minor potassium losses achieved by two of our subjects (subjects 3 and 5) were probably related to their failure to comply with the potassium depletion protocol. The observation that these subjects showed small changes in insulin secretion, and that the five subjects with more profound potassium depletion demonstrated larger reductions in insulin responses, supports the view that the primary effect of potassium depletion on carbohydrate tolerance is on the pancreatic beta cell. This is consistent with findings that, in the isolated perfused pancreas, insulin release is increased by progressively higher potassium concentrations in the perfusate.12"

Now imagine what a chronic deficiency does, and it's not always directly related to not ingesting enough potassium.
I'm merely sharing, questions should be addressed to burtlancast.

I think we are witnessing the precise fallout of a chronic potassium deficiency here in good Ol' Merica, it's called diabetes....the Standard American Diet is woefully deficient in every nutrient required for proper glucose regulation.

McDonald's french fries come with 655 mg potassium....and 19 grams of rancid PUFA laden trans fat....serving up 9 MILLION pounds per day. That's just Micky D's.

Eyes wide open...kissing the safety of the food supply and American pancreases goodbye.:kiss

Makrosky

People that kiss with the eyes open to monitor if the surroundings are safe,

Effect of experimental potassium deficiency on glucose and insulin metabolism
"Our results indicate that mild-to-moderate potassium depletion, of a magnitude commonly encountered in clinical practice, does cause a decrease in glucose tolerance associated with impaired insulin secretion, and that alteration in periph- eral tissue sensitivity to insulin is inconstant and of less significance in the pathogenesis of glucose intolerance. The minor potassium losses achieved by two of our subjects (subjects 3 and 5) were probably related to their failure to comply with the potassium depletion protocol. The observation that these subjects showed small changes in insulin secretion, and that the five subjects with more profound potassium depletion demonstrated larger reductions in insulin responses, supports the view that the primary effect of potassium depletion on carbohydrate tolerance is on the pancreatic beta cell. This is consistent with findings that, in the isolated perfused pancreas, insulin release is increased by progressively higher potassium concentrations in the perfusate.12"

Now imagine what a chronic deficiency does, and it's not always directly related to not ingesting enough potassium.
I'm merely sharing, questions should be addressed to burtlancast.
Amazoniac,

Thanks for sharing this. Fruit should have lots of potassium, shouldn't it ?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Amazoniac,

Thanks for sharing this. Fruit should have lots of potassium, shouldn't it ?
Compared to other foods, yes; but it's not guaranteed, the way they are grown and when they are picked interferes a lot with that. As far as I know, the values are usually much lower than expected.
So, aiming for 5-6g a day might not be a bad idea.. :ss

Nighteyes

I Think this might be one of The reasons why I react so Well and strongly to brewers yeast. Packs quite a punch potassiumly speaking

Makrosky

I Think this might be one of The reasons why I react so Well and strongly to brewers yeast. Packs quite a punch potassiumly speaking
Any special type ? Or just any brand on the organic shop around the corner ?

Interesting so we have that Brewer's Yeast have lots of potassium, B-Vitamins and Chromium. No wonder Ray's father cured his diabetes with it ???

Has anyone tried supplementing potassium ? I think it's not easy to supplement it. Can it damage the kidneys ??

Nighteyes

I Use an inactivated powder and drink The whole mix - no filtering as it is not possible due to The paeticles dissolving almost completely. It is a local organic brand.

Yes, I actually sometimes feel it in my kidneys or at least a sensation on both sides of my lower back. Not bad feeling Per se. I make sure to balance with sodium.

Any special type ? Or just any brand on the organic shop around the corner ?

Interesting so we have that Brewer's Yeast have lots of potassium, B-Vitamins and Chromium. No wonder Ray's father cured his diabetes with it ???

Has anyone tried supplementing potassium ? I think it's not easy to supplement it. Can it damage the kidneys ??

Makrosky

I Use an inactivated powder and drink The whole mix - no filtering as it is not possible due to The paeticles dissolving almost completely. It is a local organic brand.

Yes, I actually sometimes feel it in my kidneys or at least a sensation on both sides of my lower back. Not bad feeling Per se. I make sure to balance with sodium.
Thanks mate. What does inactivated mean ?

Motif

How much are you taKing?

Nighteyes

I was using a few tablespoons Per Day. I Think brewer’s Yeast is probably not great in the long run as it is High in tyramine. I started to get headaches, and taste aversion. I might revisit, but not sure.

Motif

I was using a few tablespoons Per Day. I Think brewer’s Yeast is probably not great in the long run as it is High in tyramine. I started to get headaches, and taste aversion. I might revisit, but not sure.
Ok, that’s a lot. I take about one Gramm daily as supp

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals