Fasting causes aging by energy depletion, vitamin B2 can stop it

Elie

Forum Supporter
Hypothyroidism causes low FAD as the conversion steps from free riboflavin to FMN and FAD are thyroid-dependent. So even with sufficient intake of dietary riboflavin low FAD can show up. Maybe another hint on why fasting is detrimental to thyroid health.

Good find

Dr. B

Hypothyroidism causes low FAD as the conversion steps from free riboflavin to FMN and FAD are thyroid-dependent. So even with sufficient intake of dietary riboflavin low FAD can show up. Maybe another hint on why fasting is detrimental to thyroid health.

What can you do to raise FAD then?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Regina

It is an in-vitro study. They used 50 uM/L, which is on the high side as it would take 100mg+ daily for a human to achieve those concentrations inside cells. I do think that 10mg-20mg daily is plenty, especially if the "active" form of B2 known as R-5-P is used.
I ❤️ energin.

Ras

It is an in-vitro study. They used 50 uM/L, which is on the high side as it would take 100mg+ daily for a human to achieve those concentrations inside cells. I do think that 10mg-20mg daily is plenty, especially if the "active" form of B2 known as R-5-P is used.
Thanks

Dr. B

I have avoided b2 due to rays comments on it being allergenic? From what ive seen and heard these “allergenic” supplements can have an effect on anyone, it may not be an actual allergic response but it seems in my case they can do things like puff my face up… cause redness in the skin.. things like that
So currently i only use 1000mg niacinamide, 1000IU D3, and then a zma capsule daily which has 10mg zinc, 3.5mg b6, 150mg magnesium.
The b6 is pyrodixine hcl not the activated b6 so I’m not sure on that. The zinc is for its anti ammonia and anti iron effects. Niacinamide is for its anti phosphorus and general metabolic and NAD benefits. D3 is kept low at 1000IU daily because i dont want to supplement A or K2 and had some concerns on D3 and serotonin and things like that.
Other than that also use 20mg policosanol which i may lower down to 10mg eventually… and 500mg black seed oil.

As far as K2 i do try to get in a half gallon grass fed whole milk daily which should have around 180mcg K2 and a good amount vitamin A.
plus roughly an additional 10g fat from skyr which could maybe have a small amount additional K2 and also A in the skyr fat although its not grass fed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals