Shank = Bad, Steak = Good

lvysaur

I've had them both enough times to be able to tell that I feel great after eating steak, and not great after eating shank.

I feel very energetic shortly after eating a steak, but foggy and tired after I eat shank. This doesn't happen with actual gelatinous soups, so it can't be gelatin/glycine related.

Possible reasons:

muscle in the shank is harder to digest, meaning easier conversion to serotonin

PUFA (lower body fat is more unsaturated, not sure if this is true for ruminants)

lower quality or freshness of the shank (since it's meant to be braised, they can get away with selling older or treated meat)

toxins in the bone/marrow of the shank

destruction of nutrients, particularly taurine (I cook shanks for 3 hours minimum, I cook steaks for about 5 minutes)

milk_lover

Well to be honest with you, I've always felt fine and energetic from steak but lamb shank is hit and miss. I feel it's increasing histamine or some sort. So I understand why you posted this. It would be great to hear from other people as well.

I always get sweaty low blood sugar highs after eating steaks, so yeah :cool

boris

Meat in the oven never worked for me, I always get serotonin symptoms unless I cook it inside a sauce. A significant part of the gelatin must get released in the first minutes with the meat juices which then evaporate and leave the gelatin as an inedible crust on the pyrex dish. The resulting meat would have unbalanced amino acids.

The same happens if you fry meat in a pan at too low temperatures. You'll notice too much meat juices flowing out which makes you boil the meat in the pan instead of frying it, as soon as all the water is evaporated it starts to get crispy. The slow fried meat would cause me stomach aches, while a quick fried meat at high temp will elevate my mood after eating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals