Worst Swelling After Period

LoryEl

Hi to All,

This is my first post so please bare with me:)

I am 39 years old woman, from a background of hepatitis B cured in my teenage years, tongsils taken out in highshool, after about 30 years of sedentary life followed about 8 years of veganism and running ( I know crazy combo) that led me to a serious iron deficiency Anemia a couple of years ago; I was alwasys anemic but never so bad as to have hemoglobine of 6 . Following some medical investigations I decided that even though I really loved eating vegan and running i needed to give it up and started eating protein and after discovering Ray Peat started eating a lot of protein (100 g per day is a lot for me). I had bad menstrual cycles with a lot of bleeding and clothing, very cold extremities, bad temper and mood swings, bad sleep, bad digestion, dried mature skin and a few more.

My current diet is mostly low fat dary. OJs, some meat (i still don't enjoy it too much and avoid it somewhat), gelatine daily, a lot of coffe ( i love this one:)) with low fat milk, honey as sweetener, eggs every morning (one or 2), carrot salad or activated charcoal if I do not get to the daily salad, some sea fruit. I use IdeaLabs ThyroMix, magnesium glycinate, vitamins A, D, E and K but not always. I do not do well with Aspirin, I start swallowing and Niacinamide gives me a very dry itchy skin and swallowing. I did not noticed anything on Progest E. I tried also Pregnenolone, it helps with feeling more energetic but gives me some bad temper. I do use it occasionally now. I also use a few times a week IdeaLabs Panstrone since I took out Pregnenlone.

What happens is that I slightly started to gain weight over the last 2 years and I am now 7kg (which is about 15lbs) than when I started, but the main issue is it's about 35% fat mostly distributed in the lower part of the body. I am not working out cardio but I am pretty active weight lifting at least once a week, walk a lot, play team sports like basketball with my kids and work while standing. I do not "look" fat but I do not like the percentage of fat. It used to be around 20% or less while I was running and felt much better. I am 1,72 cm hight which is about 5.6 feet (not sure though if it is precise).

Most of all I am worried about post menstrual cycle swelling. The bleeding is not so bad anymore but afterwords I gan like 4 pounds in a night and really bad dark circles around my eyes over one single night. I weight myself yesterday morning and today while being very cousious with the quantity and quality of the food and drink over the day and I got 3.3 lbs extra post menstrual in one day. It takes about a week to be back to normal. I tried adding salt and it does not seem to have an effect. I did get some bad back aces which may be from the kidneys?

Do you have any other suggestions on reducing the swelling and also reducing the body fat in the lower part of the body especially? I went throughout the existing similar threads and tried pretty much everything but it does seem to get worst for some reason.

I do love Ray Peats work and Georgi's and many others that contribute. I like all the changes I made with my lifestyle lately, I am more positive, more loving and patient, I did solved the Anemia and some of the digestion, although not entirely... still a while before getting there:) My temps are so much better (98-99), no cold feet and hands, pulse is up but still in the 70-75, sleep is fine, not great but better than before. One note is that I do get tired and am a bit sleep deprived (but working on getting more sleep) from running a few businesses initiatives and an entrepreneur to reading a lot and taking care of 2 kids but I do not feel like I am stressed because I love what I do and I do have a good loving and supporting family.

I would appreciate any advice. Should I work out more, should I control anything in the diet, should I add anything or take out ?

Thank you in advance for any consideration or thoughts you may add to the conversation.

OP
LoryEl

LoryEl

Not sure if anyone else has the same challages but just throuwing ideas uothere in case it may be usefull for anyone else... first period without major swelling. I changed a lot the medication/ suppliments and the lifestyle over the last few weeks and victory no swelling. Also the period itself went very smoothly. So i am happy to share:
- ate More carbs and especially tones of sugar. Like actual candy: tones, even at night. Ate more protein that i am confortable with (usually tend to eat very little)
- jad a couple of weeks of vacation but still working just not nights:)
- took out t3 for good, just on Thyromix now 5
- no exercise
- vitamin A, e,d,k at the upler tolerable levels.
-stopped aspirin
-not using pregnenolone anymore
-taking vit b1
- Cut down on magnesium-was giving me some headaches
- had an antybiotic due to a synus infection but defdinetly felt better in a few days
- orange juice at night at will
Have gained lost some in the middle of the month but i lost a lot durin last week over period and even after. Keeping fingers cross for this effect to last:)
I will continue to post monthly on how this goes but i seem to be on to something.
Was wandering what effect introducing more cooper rich foods may produce... i will try it at some point.
Will keep tou posted...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals