Serrapeptase Experiment

Pointless

Could Lisuride have the same effect given its 5_ht2 antagonism? Or does that just prevent fibrosis?

DaveFoster

Could Lisuride have the same effect given its 5_ht2 antagonism? Or does that just prevent fibrosis?
In regards to fibromyalgia treatment and anti inflammatory effects, yes, I believe.

OP
ecstatichamster
I do have some GI side effects. A little gut discomfort. I'm not sure how I can stop that. Doesn't seem to be inflammatory. But the benefits have so far greatly outweighed this effect.

Pointless

You were working on hair regrowth, right @ecstatichamster ?? Noticed anything since started serrapeptase. Maybe if it can dissolve fibrosis, it can increase blood flow to the scalp...

Rand56

I understand you take this away from food, but is coffee, coke, and OJ ok to take while it's doing it's job? I would think so, being that it's a protease that just breaks down protein, but just thought I would ask. I want to take it, and it sure would be more convenient knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about it interfering with any of these beverages.

yomama

Not me. Wouldn't mind but I'm not taking it for that. Headache is my reason

Can I ask what kind of headache you suffer and if you already tried Aspirin, Vit B2 etc. ? Also, can you please expand what you mean exactly with gut discomfort?
I suffer of migraine and only massive dose of B2 works sometimes but I'm worried to switch to Serrapaptase because I have esophageal issues so I have to think twice about anything which could hurt stomach/gut, thanks.

OP
ecstatichamster
i finally figured out that i suffer cervicogenic headaches, headaches originating somehow from the neck. And they cause two symptoms, an overall really bad feeling over my whole body, from some nerve impingement I suppose, and local pain in the same area of my head. They are very severely painful and have gotten worse and worse over the past 20 years.

These are not migraines, no visual effects, and they respond to NSAIDs.

Since Peating, aspirin is usually enough (used to take ibuprofens, and sometimes 3 of them, often that wasn't enough either.)

These pills stay intact until they hit the gut, then they are designed to slowly dissolve, and this may have something to do with the slight gut issue.

OP
ecstatichamster
I can't take serrapeptase anymore. It causes constant gut irritation. I think it's because it doesn't survive stomach acid so must be "enteric" coated and causes constant irritation because it doesn't belong in the gut.

I stopped for a day or so, and my headaches came back REALLY bad.

So now I've switched to "plant based" enzymes including Seaprose, Protease, Nattokinase, Bromelain and some others. Seems to kill the headaches. It is NOT enteric and seems to cause (so far) NO irritation.

No headache today.

L

lollipop

I can't take serrapeptase anymore. It causes constant gut irritation. I think it's because it doesn't survive stomach acid so must be "enteric" coated and causes constant irritation because it doesn't belong in the gut.

I stopped for a day or so, and my headaches came back REALLY bad.

So now I've switched to "plant based" enzymes including Seaprose, Protease, Nattokinase, Bromelain and some others. Seems to kill the headaches. It is NOT enteric and seems to cause (so far) NO irritation.

No headache today.
Oh interesting - was thinking about you this morning and about your stomach issues. I wanted to tell you the brand I am using now with zero problems at all. It is a better formulation:

SerraGold™

OP
ecstatichamster
thanks lisa!

I'm taking this

Pro-OneZyme Best Proteolytic Systemic Enzymes with Nattokinase and Seaprose
71%2Bg4R-BIRL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pointless

I've been doing serrapeptase twice per day at 40,000 Iu per dose. I've noticed that since starting, I've had lots of mucus in my throat, boogers, sneezing, and a sore throat. It's been going on for a week or two. This is controllable with riboflavin and charcoal reasonably well. I've seen read some stuff on how it can increase endotoxin temporarily as biofilms are broken down. Anyone else gotten cold or flu symptoms since starting?

L

lollipop

I've been doing serrapeptase twice per day at 40,000 Iu per dose. I've noticed that since starting, I've had lots of mucus in my throat, boogers, sneezing, and a sore throat. It's been going on for a week or two. This is controllable with riboflavin and charcoal reasonably well. I've seen read some stuff on how it can increase endotoxin temporarily as biofilms are broken down. Anyone else gotten cold or flu symptoms since starting?
No, I have not, but found a good site that might help you:

What Is Serrapeptase And When and How Do You Use It? - Enzyme Therapies

OP
ecstatichamster
I have not experienced that at all, either, with either serrapeptase or the new enzymes.

OP
ecstatichamster
just noting that I have cold/flu symptoms now...not sure if it's cold or flu, or connected with the enzymes...just noting it though :)

Developed this afternoon.

Queequeg

Here's been my experience: I've been taking serapeptase for a few months for lower back pain. It definitely works but the pain comes back if I don't take it for a couple of days. I thought it would be a more permanent fix as it supposedly breaks down scar tissue but maybe this is a longer term treatment plan.

In researching serapeptase I also found that it can treat varicose veins which my mother has been complaining about for the last 40 years. She started taking it and her rather large veins on her legs have shrunk by 50% in just a few months.

Good to hear about the arteriosclerosis clearing. great bonus:thumbsup:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals