Serrapeptase Experiment

For the last 3 weeks, almost every day, I've been taking 250,000 units of serrapeptase.

On an empty stomach early in the morning.

I am hoping for some changes and improvements. So far, nothing definitive.

GAF

I tried that for several bottles a while back hoping for stopping my morning mucus but noticed nothing whatsoever. Earlier in the year, I gave some the GF hoping to help with her eye floaters and it seemed to really help the problem to the point where she quit saying anything about them. No scientific proof. Could have been a coincidence.

Agent207

I use to take 240.000u morning on empty stomach 6days/week, 1 week on/1 off; but I just take it not expecting anything specific but a protective add for inflammation.

Last edited:

judge

been taking it for years. love the stuff! you need to take a lot and for a long time for it to kick in. takes anywhere from 2 to 4 months. depends on your diet and how much junk you have in your system. Also you need to take it 3 times a day one hour before meals or 2 hours after meals, or else it just digests your food :) it does work on your lungs! fricken amazing! once you do notice a difference you can back off on the amount you take. but in the beginning more the better!

darn stuff is not cheap! anyone know where to get it cheap? i am tempted to buy a barrel on Alibaba! LOL

it does work on your lungs! fricken amazing!

Go_on

judge

Effect of the proteolytic enzyme serrapeptase in patients with chronic airway disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Mazzone A, Catalani M, Costanzo M, et al. Evaluation of Serratia peptidase in acute or chronic inflammation of otorhinolaryngology pathology: a multicentre, double-blind, randomized trial versus placebo. J Int Med Res 1990;18:379-88.. View abstract.

Nakamura S, Hashimoto Y, Mikami M, et al. Effect of the proteolytic enzyme serrapeptase in patients with chronic airway disease. Respirology 2003;8:316-20.. View abstract.

Shimizu H, Ueda M, Takai T, et al. A case of serratiopeptidase-induced subepidermal bullous dermatosis. J Int Med Res 1990;18:379-88.. View abstract.

Tachibana M, Mizukoshi O, Harada Y, et al. A multi-centre, double-blind study of serrapeptase versus placebo in post-antrotomy buccal swelling. Pharmatherapeutica 1984;3:526-30.. View abstract.

Last edited:
Mazzone A, Catalani M, Costanzo M, et al. Evaluation of Serratia peptidase in acute or chronic inflammation of otorhinolaryngology pathology: a multicentre, double-blind, randomized trial versus placebo. J Int Med Res 1990;18:379-88.. View abstract.

Nakamura S, Hashimoto Y, Mikami M, et al. Effect of the proteolytic enzyme serrapeptase in patients with chronic airway disease. Respirology 2003;8:316-20.. View abstract.

Shimizu H, Ueda M, Takai T, et al. A case of serratiopeptidase-induced subepidermal bullous dermatosis. J Int Med Res 1990;18:379-88.. View abstract.

Tachibana M, Mizukoshi O, Harada Y, et al. A multi-centre, double-blind study of serrapeptase versus placebo in post-antrotomy buccal swelling. Pharmatherapeutica 1984;3:526-30.. View abstract.

I want some real subjective science reports here...

299114c90cff3d1835a56b6df9537b19

OP
ecstatichamster
Was taking 250K units a day for maybe 6 or 8 weeks.

Then a week went by, no headaches.

Then I had a headache, really bad, for two days. I realized, I haven't been taking the serrapeptase.

Started taking it again, 750K units 2 or 3 times a day, and voila, headache went away.

I'll still have to confirm but this is HUGE.

judge

Was taking 250K units a day for maybe 6 or 8 weeks.

Then a week went by, no headaches.

Then I had a headache, really bad, for two days. I realized, I haven't been taking the serrapeptase.

Started taking it again, 750K units 2 or 3 times a day, and voila, headache went away.

I'll still have to confirm but this is HUGE.

Yeah! Just love this stuff! my maintenance dose is 3 pills at 120.000 spu each for a total of 36,000 once at night when i get up to go pee :)

You guys have no idea how great Serrapeptase Is !!

Regina

Yeah! Just love this stuff! my maintenance dose is 3 pills at 120.000 spu each for a total of 36,000 once at night when i get up to go pee :)

You guys have no idea how great Serrapeptase Is !!
Years ago, before I knew ANYTHING about nutrition. (I was a Homer Simpsomn vegetarian. Donuts, pizza, spaghetti, more donuts). On this spectacular diet, go figure, I had a cold/flu "upper resp thing) that waxed and waned for 4 freakin' years. No help from conventional docs - including all the horrible tests: chest x-rays, pulmonary, etc....
I stumbled upon serrapeptase and I took a total of 4 pills in 2.5 days. It worked remarkably. Completely cleared the misery of my upper res thing and rid me of debilitating fatigue. I have not had any upper resp symptoms in 6 yrs now. of course, I completely overhauled my diet: PHD to now Peat.

OP
ecstatichamster
Years ago, before I knew ANYTHING about nutrition. (I was a Homer Simpsomn vegetarian. Donuts, pizza, spaghetti, more donuts). On this spectacular diet, go figure, I had a cold/flu "upper resp thing) that waxed and waned for 4 freakin' years. No help from conventional docs - including all the horrible tests: chest x-rays, pulmonary, etc....
I stumbled upon serrapeptase and I took a total of 4 pills in 2.5 days. It worked remarkably. Completely cleared the misery of my upper res thing and rid me of debilitating fatigue. I have not had any upper resp symptoms in 6 yrs now. of course, I completely overhauled my diet: PHD to now Peat.

That is amazing.

Just astounding really.

OP
ecstatichamster
no headaches at ALL. No shadow, no trace, NOTHING. It's a freakin' miracle.

I've lowered the dose I was taking though. Here's why. I was getting a pretty significant pain in my gut, all day, after 250K or 500K doses. Could be the brand. Could be the lack of enough water/fluid when I take them.

So I switched to Doctor's Best 40K dose and took two this morning, with more water. So far, it's a lot more gentle and I don't feel gut pain.

Any thoughts, those of you experienced in the serrapeptase world?

Jayfish

I had never heard of this so googled it. The amount of miraculous benefits immediately made me think of this.

Attachments

• 26-08-2010 9-26-08 PM.png
    26-08-2010 9-26-08 PM.png
    19 KB · Views: 304
L

lollipop

@ecstatichamster and @judge I was planning on taking 100,000 a day at first. Since the two of you have some experience, in your opinion, would this be enough in theory if my diet is good and I already take on empty stomach high dose of digestive enzymes?

OP
ecstatichamster
Try 100000 first. I took about this amount for almost two months before getting a benefit. But I think that is not unusual with proteolytic enzymes.

DaveFoster

"Great post Dr Greger.A friend of mine in his early "70" was diagnosed by his cardiologist years back with plaque build up in his arteries and was told that he needed surgery to correct this plaque problem.He decided to go to his Naturopathic Physician for a second opinion and was told by him to take Serrapeptase 40,000 Units twice daily for 2 months and to then have another ultra sound to see if plaque was gone and after the ultra sound the plaque had dissolved and there was no blockage any more.I've been taking Serrapeptase ever since hearing of this,Dr Han A. Nieper an internist from Hannover Germany studied the effects of Serrapeptase on plaque accumalations in the arteries.My question to you Dr.Greger is if you've ever heard of this enzyme Serrapeptase and that it desolves plaque in the arteries?Thanks for all your helpful information. Dennis"

http://nutritionfacts.org/2014/11/06/how-to-prevent-heart-disease/

Here's some information that it might help with fibro:

Fibromyalgia - Chronic Fatigue Testimonials

Of course, this is probably due to its antiinflammatory properties, just like aspirin.

There's some wickedly nasty reports on Amazon, and quite a few.

This is a very interesting substance, and probably safer than aspirin, especially in those with ulcers, although there's some negative reports on nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and gastrointestinal side effects. Any reports on energy?

Last edited: