Really Like Getting High, Looking For Marijuana Alternative

Makrosky

I agree. No substitute for a good life.
I don't understand why you guys think it's a substitute for... anything. It is like saying chocolate is a substitute for a good life. Or good wine. Or a good meal in a michelin restaurant. Or a nature walk. Or love. Whatever. Why is weed different than those ? Assuming you are not addicted.

johnwester130

kratom

phenibut

theanine

b6 and taurine

methylene blue has serotonin activity

lisuride can act like mild LSD

chispas

3 grams of niacinamide + 1 bag of gummy bears + double shot espresso.

Let the good times roll.

LUH 3417

If you really like getting high then you should keep getting high but perhaps less often. It might make you appreciate it more.
You could also try smoking less and doing something like yoga like others mentioned. It's much more enjoyable and easier to sit in poses when slightly stoned. or just bending at the waist and hanging your arms around feels fun. If you don't smoke for a few weeks your threshold takes a 360 and a tiny bit of weed can feel like a space ship.
If you can't control how much you smoke or you feel like it's taking over your life then it's most likely not enjoyable. But it sounds like you actually really like smoking weed. Think of it as a relationship and you're setting boundaries for how often you get to see each other or something like that.
I find that when I start smoking too often, I sigh much more. Not sure why but it's like being air hungry. Definitely depends on your body, mental state, and your relationship with the thing itself tho... substituting one thing for another can be disappointing

I_am

If you really like getting high then you should keep getting high but perhaps less often. It might make you appreciate it more.
You could also try smoking less and doing something like yoga like others mentioned. It's much more enjoyable and easier to sit in poses when slightly stoned. or just bending at the waist and hanging your arms around feels fun. If you don't smoke for a few weeks your threshold takes a 360 and a tiny bit of weed can feel like a space ship.
If you can't control how much you smoke or you feel like it's taking over your life then it's most likely not enjoyable. But it sounds like you actually really like smoking weed. Think of it as a relationship and you're setting boundaries for how often you get to see each other or something like that.
I find that when I start smoking too often, I sigh much more. Not sure why but it's like being air hungry. Definitely depends on your body, mental state, and your relationship with the thing itself tho... substituting one thing for another can be disappointing

^^^ What she said! Yes, I get the same effect as far as the sighing. That is so interesting and never occurred to me that it could be "air hunger".

I can't speak for everyone, but Sativa for example enhances my own ability to do physical things, like exercising and snowboarding. Smoking and hopping on a board is pretty awesome, your mobility improves and mind get's sharper. Indica is another story, that's good if you want to move in slow motion :):

whodathunkit

Edited: *Never mind*. Old thread. Didn't realize. OP likely not even reading anymore.

Parsifal

I believe that CBD can lower cortisol, Adrenalin, and NO.
Yes that's what I've read as well, seems very powerful, almost like asprin, but THC does the opposite and most cannabis is very very high in THC. CDB oil is also quite high in PUFA, better to buy crystals I guess and mix it wih coconut oil. I get anxiety attack from CBD though.

I_am

Weed (even oral without smoke) increases cortisol, adrenalin and nitric oxide and reduces thyroid.
Yea but what if you drink a ton of orange juice when smoking (I do), to counteract the anti thyroid effects you speak of? :-P

Parsifal

Yea but what if you drink a ton of orange juice when smoking (I do), to counteract the anti thyroid effects you speak of? :p
Depends of your state of health and metabolism. Used to be a big pothead in the past and love to get hih, probably as a self medication, but now cannot tolerate it at all even if most of my heath issues are stabalized. I guess the effects will be tolerated for some peope and not for others, doesn't mean that it is bad for everyone and in every context. Ray doesn't seem to really like this substance though.

Depends of your state of health and metabolism. Used to be a big pothead in the past and love to get hih, probably as a self medication, but now cannot tolerate it at all even if most of my heath issues are stabalized. I guess the effects will be tolerated for some peope and not for others, doesn't mean that it is bad for everyone and in every context. Ray doesn't seem to really like this substance though.
I agree I'm the same way. At least with the weed that is going around these days. It's really strain dependant. Resilient pepole seem not to have any issues with it, but many people do.

Ideonaut

So Peat says cannabis is estrogenic and my "habit" is a bit hard on the wallet... are there any alternatives to cannabis that produce similar effects or methods/things that can be used in the same way as cannabis?
Ain't no better high than JESUS, buddy, I can tell you that right now!

Waynish

Just do it too many times in a row and be sick of it and then quit for a month and realize it ain't bad. Will help to eliminate the root cause of whatever it is helping you cope with ;)

LUH 3417

Just do it too many times in a row and be sick of it and then quit for a month and realize it ain't bad. Will help to eliminate the root cause of whatever it is helping you cope with ;)
This has worked for me with both weed and cigarettes. I basically smoked until I got sick and did not want to be around either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals