Really Like Getting High, Looking For Marijuana Alternative

addict9011

Cannabis is antiandrogenic or estrogenic, but it can be protective in some situations

So Peat says cannabis is estrogenic and my "habit" is a bit hard on the wallet... are there any alternatives to cannabis that produce similar effects or methods/things that can be used in the same way as cannabis?

squanch

Low doses of psilocybin or lsd are relatively safe.
Depending on the context they might even be beneficial.

Those sub-threshold doses aren't really something you use to "get high" though. They have a very nice antidepressant, calming and also somewhat nootropic effect.

SaltGirl

What Skally said. However, if you want to try higher doses I suggest having high calories to support your experiences. Did a decent amount of shrooms and I hadn't eaten that much over the day(afraid of throwing up on the trip) which meant that when I went into the trip I got really cold and hungry an hour in. Basically the body turned on stress hormones to compensate for lack of food.

answersfound

Why not adress your low thyroid and maybe you won't feel the need to get high? Rather than treating symptoms, you should address the root cause.

jaa

lookingforanswers said:
Why not adress your low thyroid and maybe you won't feel the need to get high? Rather than treating symptoms, you should address the root cause.

Who wants that :D. Desiring an occassional mushroom trip or weed high doesn't mean your body is out of whack. No amount of Thyroid can substitute a good mushroom high. It's like saying why go backpack around the southern Cambodian Islands when you can sit at home with some red light on your stomach in an epsom salt bath without exposing yourself to that nasty flight radiation.

It sounds like you are smoking a lot. You could try cutting back and eating it instead of smoking. Low dose psilocybin or lsd is a good suggestion, though you might not want want to do that everyday.

Exercise is good. Meditation is probably the best answer. Or combine them with yoga. You know what's great with yoga? Eating cannabis :mrgreen:

tara

Am I right in thinking cannabis tends to slow the respiratory rate (increasing CO2 level) while it's in the system, but increase it during withdrawal? Meditation and other breathing exercises can help with this effect without the downsides of withdrawal - rather training for a higher CO2 level after than before. Assuming nutrition is reasonably good.

If you stick to smoking a few times a month you will find not have to look for a substitute, you will find it more pleasant when you do smoke it, have less side effects, spend less as well as experience the already mentioned practice of consciousness and will, which ultimately develops into a passion stronger than any kind of habit.

barbwirehouse

lookingforanswers said:
why go backpack around the southern Cambodian Islands when you can sit at home with some red light on your stomach in an epsom salt bath without exposing yourself to that nasty flight radiation

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tallglass13

Try not inhaling deep....i smoke grass like someone would smoke a cigar...i dont like to get high...because that ends up making me tired...i enjoy the taste. ...somehow, i still get high non the less

So Peat says cannabis is estrogenic and my "habit" is a bit hard on the wallet... are there any alternatives to cannabis that produce similar effects or methods/things that can be used in the same way as cannabis?

where does he say it's estrogenic? can this last long term?

CoolTweetPete

Try not inhaling deep....i smoke grass like someone would smoke a cigar...i dont like to get high...because that ends up making me tired...i enjoy the taste. ...somehow, i still get high non the less

I'm sure a good amount of THC makes it into your blood.

I get a tobacco buzz from cigars. And you most certainly get high even if you don't inhale. Not nearly as high, but high nonetheless.

I agree with the OP about it being hard on the wallet. It's taking away from my biweekly IdeaLabs shopping sprees.

Greg says

where does he say it's estrogenic? can this last long term?

From email exchange

Cannabis / Cannabinoid Compounds
Cannabis is antiandrogenic or estrogenic, but it can be protective in some situations.

[CBD] It can probably be helpful for lowering nitric oxide in some situations, but there’s some evidence that it increases prostaglandins, which could be harmful in a person whose tissues have a lot of PUFA. The acidic form, CBDA, seems likely to be more broadly protective.

Waynish

I don't think cannabis is estrognenic. I think it's similar to progesterone.

Ya I think we need to start becoming comfortable with more complexity... Maybe Ray can help us design some experiments in different environments so we can get a handle on which substances do what in which environments. For example, a substance like marijuana or turmeric is often claimed to be estrogenic - but in certain parts of the physiology (or in certain states) - are probably going to cause different results. For example, if marijuana is decreasing intestinal inflammation, then it could help clear out estrogen... So this doesn't seem so straight forward as saying one substance is estrogenic and one is not -- besides, even if this were true, then it should be a sliding scale. Not all substances we're calling "estrogenic" are "equally estrogenic"!

I use to love getting high as well. Have to say during my moments in peating I have developed a strong well being To where I get the giggles and laugh easily.

I am about to get liurside and I'll comment back when I can to let you know how that compares. Relatively cheap if you could get high on it only $2 a day for a month.

I'm in search of a more bliss like state

Aspekt

My understanding was that the smoke itself was estrogenic, rather than as a run on effect from the cannabanoids. One problem i've experienced with marijuana is it seems to slow down my already sluggish peristalsis. This could potentially be responsible for some of the less desirable effects, I find myself undereating on it, the munchies might allow eating a slightly larger meal but then i'm not hungry for a long time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals