Really Like Getting High, Looking For Marijuana Alternative

Constatine

Coffee mixed with a serotonin antagonist like lisuride or metergoline can make you extremely euphoric. Much more so than weed. Works even better if you up your natural dopamine production using vitamin d and taurine.

DaveFoster

Coffee mixed with a serotonin antagonist like lisuride or metergoline can make you extremely euphoric. Much more so than weed. Works even better if you up your natural dopamine production using vitamin d and taurine.
What's your dosages for caffeine and the dopamine agonists?

Waynish

My understanding was that the smoke itself was estrogenic, rather than as a run on effect from the cannabanoids. One problem i've experienced with marijuana is it seems to slow down my already sluggish peristalsis. This could potentially be responsible for some of the less desirable effects, I find myself undereating on it, the munchies might allow eating a slightly larger meal but then i'm not hungry for a long time.

Ya this is where appreciation of diversity needs to come in. You say you under-eat on it, for me I eat the same amounts, and for others it increases appetite. Another reason why I have to oppose the knee-jerk "it's estrogenic" reaction (which, that reaction itself - to me - is estrogenic :).

Constatine

What's your dosages for caffeine and the dopamine agonists?
I've not done it enough to have a standard dosage. It also depends on your caffeine tolerance. I'll have to experience more with this to find the "optimal" high.

PUTFOT

I've not done it enough to have a standard dosage. It also depends on your caffeine tolerance. I'll have to experience more with this to find the "optimal" high.
Have you had any side effects when coming off dopamine agonist drugs?

sladerunner69

Interesting... Is that euphoria or anxiety Im feeling?

:bag:

sladerunner69

So Peat says cannabis is estrogenic and my "habit" is a bit hard on the wallet... are there any alternatives to cannabis that produce similar effects or methods/things that can be used in the same way as cannabis?

Stimualting life is what ultimately will replace a weed habit. All you are doing with weed is artificially icnrasing your dopamine, which should come from the success in living a richa d fulfilling life....

This is easier said then done but I believe it is made MUCH more achievable utilizing Ray Peat approach to healthy living.

Makrosky

try 10 mg of methylene bliue
I've tried it. Nowhere near what a weed high is. In my experience.

I have never been able to replicate a good weed high with any supplements so far (including coffee, MB, tianeptine, fat solubles, pregnenolone, you name it.)

Constatine

I've tried it. Nowhere near what a weed high is. In my experience.

I have never been able to replicate a good weed high with any supplements so far (including coffee, MB, tianeptine, fat solubles, pregnenolone, you name it.)
Most supplements such as these listed are meant for long term well being (coffee is a gray area), yet the state of being high is inheritly unhealthy as it messes with the reward system and typically downregulates dopamine receptors. A healthy state is to maintain a sense of wellbeing and to be sensitive to subtle rewards. Thus I doubt any supplement worth taking will give you a Marijuana high.

Makrosky

Most supplements such as these listed are meant for long term well being (coffee is a gray area), yet the state of being high is inheritly unhealthy as it messes with the reward system and typically downregulates dopamine receptors. A healthy state is to maintain a sense of wellbeing and to be sensitive to subtle rewards. Thus I doubt any supplement worth taking will give you a Marijuana high.
No matter how good health you have, a psychedelic trip or a weed high is gonna make you feel different in a positive way (Excluding bad trips of course). It's different things. It is like saying that if you have good health you are not gonna experience some fun and pleasure drinking some good wine. Or going to a trip in nature. Daily smoking is another thing of course.

Constatine

No matter how good health you have, a psychedelic trip or a weed high is gonna make you feel different in a positive way (Excluding bad trips of course). It's different things. It is like saying that if you have good health you are not gonna experience some fun and pleasure drinking some good wine. Or going to a trip in nature. Daily smoking is another thing of course.
If you have good health your reward system will be very sensitive and even minor joys will feel wonderful, and great joys will rival drug induced highs. The problem is when one abuses the reward system via drug induced highs, masterbation, etc. Easy and extreme pleasure numbs one to more subtle joys and takes a lot out of life. Marijuana, unless it's being abused, probably doesn't cause a big enough high to dramatically downregulate dopamine receptors however.

PUTFOT

If you have good health your reward system will be very sensitive and even minor joys will feel wonderful, and great joys will rival drug induced highs. The problem is when one abuses the reward system via drug induced highs, masterbation, etc. Easy and extreme pleasure numbs one to more subtle joys and takes a lot out of life. Marijuana, unless it's being abused, probably doesn't cause a big enough high to dramatically downregulate dopamine receptors however.
I agree. No substitute for a good life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals