Trehalose - The Cost And Practicalities Of Its Use

RobertJM

Is anyone here using this in place of sugar?

I’m guessing it’s way too expensive to use in terms of replacing sugar for calorific intake purposes? That was my goal really. I am not interested in using it in moderation for its ‘health effects’. Just looking for an alternative to the sugar.

I just think this persistent fat gut I’ve got is down to my body not tolerating fructose very well. And what’s the alternative? Starch? I also have a gut biome that causes me big issues with starch (even though I, and ‘they’, absolutely love it), but it does make my gut bigger and causes extra fat accumulation. Typical reactions of my health going in the wrong direction.

Sugar is the perfect fuel for humans but it’s also the perfect fuel for everything else that lives inside of us and the poisons/toxins they produce. True, this may be the case with all types of sugars that are eaten, but I want to try different alternatives to see if different things can work better. I’ve given sugar a good ‘five year’ try now, so reading about the mushroom sugar piqued my interest.

Any other alternatives that people can think of? I’m willing to try anything to get rid of this gut. The reason I want to explore this avenue is because my belly flattens out if I decide to go very low carb for a day (and this happens to countless others as far as I know). Which I think must be down to the elimination of the sugar.

I mean, it’s no mystery to me that my body obviously can’t process sugar very well. There are various things not going well in my body at the moment the symptoms I have (daily) clearly points to this.

I think eating too much fat as well as sugar is also a recipe for absolute disaster in terms of the gut. I don’t consider a protruding gut to be healthy at all and I want to get rid of mine.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Nokoni

Sugar seems to be working well for me. My carb intake has always been mostly starch but a couple weeks ago I went to exclusively sugar for carbs. It resulted in a boost in metabolism and I had to eliminate several metabolic boosters I was taking so I wouldn't feel too amped up. Digestion was pretty good before the switch but seems even better now. I was pretty surprised. I always thought carbs were carbs, but for me apparently that's not the case. And my weight was already fine but I actually lost a couple more pounds after switching to sugar. I love bread but probably won't be eating much starch in the future. Likely wouldn't work for everyone but it might be worth a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals