Progesterone advise

rayfan1

I am 54, postmenopausal and DUTCH test shows poor levels of every hormone. Have sleep issues as right at 3 am I wake up all alert and cant sleep again till 7 am and then deeply sleel till 10 AM which is weird and unproductive.
Want to start with progesterone, which brand and when to take? Thanks!

Matestube

You may want to start higher up in the hormone cascade and take pregnenolone so that it can trickle down into more metabolites. In pill form, any major brand will do.
Consider testosterone cream too.

OP
R

rayfan1

You may want to start higher up in the hormone cascade and take pregnenolone so that it can trickle down into more metabolites. In pill form, any major brand will do.
Consider testosterone cream too.
Thanks! So first start with pregnelolone and what to expect from it? Increased energy, higher body temp? My temp is always 96 degrees despite being on T4 and T3 meds, frustrating!

Matestube

Thanks! So first start with pregnelolone and what to expect from it? Increased energy, higher body temp? My temp is always 96 degrees despite being on T4 and T3 meds, frustrating!
Every response is individual. At this point you have nothing to lose trying it.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I like progesterone. At 56 my levels were super low. I take at night. Better sleep and all around beneficial in so many ways for women when aging. I get my levels taken twice a year. Low when not supplemented. Huge sleep difference. Dr John Lee had books on how good progesterone is and many women get huge benefits from progesterone.

OP
R

rayfan1

I like progesterone. At 56 my levels were super low. I take at night. Better sleep and all around beneficial in so many ways for women when aging. I get my levels taken twice a year. Low when not supplemented. Huge sleep difference. Dr John Lee had books on how good progesterone is and many women get huge benefits from progesterone.
Good to know. What is your dosage?

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I take 100mg micronized dose pill. I am prescribed two a day which I sometimes need.

Ildikó

I take 100mg micronized dose pill. I am prescribed two a day which I sometimes need.
Can i ask if you take estradiol also or just the progesterone only capsule and may i also ask if you are postmenopausal?
I take the progesterone only capsule also for my insomnia, 200 mg before bed three weeks/month and keeping1 week off, i am postmenopausal 61 years old. It has helped me sleeping better although wake up sometimes with night sweats, probably hypoglycemia.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Can i ask if you take estradiol also or just the progesterone only capsule and may i also ask if you are postmenopausal?
I take the progesterone only capsule also for my insomnia, 200 mg before bed three weeks/month and keeping1 week off, i am postmenopausal 61 years old. It has helped me sleeping better although wake up sometimes with night sweats, probably hypoglycemia.
I am 60. I also think magnesium at night helps with sleep. I take 100 - 200 mg as needed at night. I have estrogen gel most days prescription.

RealNeat

I am 60. I also think magnesium at night helps with sleep. I take 100 - 200 mg as needed at night. I have estrogen gel most days prescription.
And you're taking estrogen because...?

RealNeat

Multiple reasons - as everyone is different and estrogen does a lot for keeping me young
Care to share specifics? Are you sure it's not just the progesterone?

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I take a few things and huge difference from progesterone and estrogen . Both natural. Been on it for last few years. Good for multiple reasons including sex and skin reasons. Have you thought about acupuncture. It is a life saver.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals