Younger Brother/autism

Amber

hi everyone,

So, my younger brother (16) suddenly has to do a test for autism because of little traits he has (difficulty handling changes/stress, isolation, he walks 'stiff/weird' not sure how to explain it but he walks in some kind of way and he is very focused on himself and has anger issues/violent attacks. He avoids eye contact when talking to someone, especially with people he doesn't know well. He doesn't like to be comforted when upset and doesn't understand other peoples emotions. He is very smart but doesn't show it, which i think is because of his low motivation/energy. A lot more but i am not gonna list everything here, since the point is that they want to test him for autism.

Now, i dont believe that he has autism but i am 100% sure his hormones are out of whack and he has high serotonin/estrogen/stress hormones. The reason i think this is because
1. He has very bad acne on his face and on his back
2. He is very pale and skinny
3. He lives at night (cant sleep, adrenaline maybe) and sleeps all day when he doesn't have school.
4. He gets angry very easily, short temper (cortisol, estrogen?) and he has very low energy.
5. Excessive sweating/body odor
6. Frequent migraines/very bad headaches especially when under stress
7. He becomes 'alive' when he drinks redbull (caffeine). Makes him happy/talks more, he goes out to do things.

I would like to hear your opinions on this. Im not sure how to help him, since he doesn't listen to anyone including me and neither does my mom. She only trusts 'experts'.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

michael94

Being awake at night means liver is under a lot of stress especially if trouble sleeping from 10pm to 2 am. Body odor is usually die off from a fungus / etc. He is probably not digesting food very well due to low vile flow hence the odor and acne. Caffeine is very good at relieving tension in the liver via vile ducts but can also exarcerbate congestion long term. Edit: Reallyvdepends how it is used and the combination it is taken with. Btw doesn't Redbull have taurine and stuff too? Regarding the anger, do a search for "biliousness".

milk_lover

maybe he needs to reduce his cortisol and estrogen while increasing the happy hormones like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and thyroid.

Herbie

This sounds similar to how I was when I was a teenager into mid twenties.

The problem with being diagnosed with something like autism is that they will define him with that label and say he can only manage it with drugs.

If he knew his biology could change through lifestyle and diet intervention he would hopefully pursue it.

Tarmander

As a young man, supplements may be hard to tailor in, but you could help him get other things in order. 16 year olds should have a good schedule, three solid meals a day, lots of exercise. They are like puppies, they need a lot of food and a lot of exercise. Get him away from screens, and out working. Could you manage any of that?

OP
Amber

Amber

Thank you all for the replies,

As a young man, supplements may be hard to tailor in, but you could help him get other things in order. 16 year olds should have a good schedule, three solid meals a day, lots of exercise. They are like puppies, they need a lot of food and a lot of exercise. Get him away from screens, and out working. Could you manage any of that?

He is always in his room, playing videogames and doesn't work out because he doesn't feel like it.. He barely eats all day and when he does eat its junkfood. When we have dinner like potatoes/meat/vegetables he doesn't eat anything because he 'doesn't like it' and my mom just lets him be because you can't change his mind once its set, its very hard. I can try to get him to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner, i'll talk to him about it. He does have a job at the local supermarket. He loves it. He doesn't want to go to school, he wants to work but he knows he has to go to school.

What does he eat typically? KFC sandwiches?

Haha, he never eats properly. Just some junkfood at night and thats it.

maybe he needs to reduce his cortisol and estrogen while increasing the happy hormones like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and thyroid.

Thats what im saying, but try to explain all of this to a stubborn 16 year old who doesn't believe anything anyone tells him. I will keep trying though

Evgenius

His symptoms may vary and the autistic spectrum is very broad term. Look for the root cause of his symptoms: electronics (EMF), vaccines or exposure to heavy metals, bad food etc.

Tarmander

Thank you all for the replies,

He is always in his room, playing videogames and doesn't work out because he doesn't feel like it.. He barely eats all day and when he does eat its junkfood. When we have dinner like potatoes/meat/vegetables he doesn't eat anything because he 'doesn't like it' and my mom just lets him be because you can't change his mind once its set, its very hard. I can try to get him to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner, i'll talk to him about it. He does have a job at the local supermarket. He loves it. He doesn't want to go to school, he wants to work but he knows he has to go to school.

Haha, he never eats properly. Just some junkfood at night and thats it.

Thats what im saying, but try to explain all of this to a stubborn 16 year old who doesn't believe anything anyone tells him. I will keep trying though

Why does he have that kind of schedule? Does he have a dad as well as a mom? You could solve a good chunk of his problems if someone was there to lay down the law, and show an example.

OP
Amber

Amber

Why does he have that kind of schedule? Does he have a dad as well as a mom? You could solve a good chunk of his problems if someone was there to lay down the law, and show an example.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Only a mom. She works and takes care of our grandparents. She is a good example and i respect her, but he does not. He doesn't respect anyone or anything. He was on summerbreak and had that schedule, now hes working and suppossed to go to school again which will make his days more structured.

- if it was as easy as you just made it seem like it was, i wouldn't be here asking for advice. Its not that simple, we've tried.

Well yeah, if it is only a mom, very difficult. He probably has good reason to not respect anyone. I am guessing he was asked to be more mature then he was ready while growing up, which takes that whole respect thing and dump it in the trash. Best bet is probably military academy, or some type of well structured boarding school/camp to instill in him respect and a fear of consequences for his actions. Tough situation to be in, I sympathize.

OP
Amber

Amber

Well yeah, if it is only a mom, very difficult. He probably has good reason to not respect anyone. I am guessing he was asked to be more mature then he was ready while growing up, which takes that whole respect thing and dump it in the trash. Best bet is probably military academy, or some type of well structured boarding school/camp to instill in him respect and a fear of consequences for his actions. Tough situation to be in, I sympathize.

Last edited:

Constatine

He has no reason to not respect people. He takes everything he has for granted and is overly spoiled by my mom, probably becuase we've never had a half decent father so she tries to compensate.
Gratitude is a trait of a healthy mind. I'm sure if his health improves so will his attitude towards others. People with autism have very high serotonin levels. Caffeine is a serotonin antagonist which is probably a huge reason it helps him. I think aspirin will help him a lot but it might be hard on his stomach. You can try meadowsweet which has the same effects as aspirin but is easier on the gut. You can make him a meadowsweet tea and see if it helps. Also vitamin D is a highly researched vitamin for autism but I think any of the fat soluble vitamins will help.

Tarmander

He has no reason to not respect people. He takes everything he has for granted and is overly spoiled by my mom, probably becuase we've never had a half decent father so she tries to compensate.

I don't know him, but if he did not have a dad, and your mom spoiled him growing up, he has every reason to have little to no respect for adults. He has been shown countless times that the adults in his life need him to over ride his own needs for the peace and success of the family.

He has correctly identified that without him, the family would have fallen apart. The family's wellbeing was in his hands and his disrespect for life is his well earned demand for the resources owed to someone who has made sacrifices to get where he is today.

He will not gain respect until he is put in a situation where he is only valued for his contribution, and it is not needed, like the military. In other words, you play ball and gain the rewards or you get out. Leave your temper tantrum at the door, or life can kick you in the teeth and we don't care. I'm sorry to be blunt but if you want to give your bro a chance he needs this.

OP
Amber

Amber

I don't know him, but if he did not have a dad, and your mom spoiled him growing up, he has every reason to have little to no respect for adults. He has been shown countless times that the adults in his life need him to over ride his own needs for the peace and success of the family.

He has correctly identified that without him, the family would have fallen apart. The family's wellbeing was in his hands and his disrespect for life is his well earned demand for the resources owed to someone who has made sacrifices to get where he is today.

He will not gain respect until he is put in a situation where he is only valued for his contribution, and it is not needed, like the military. In other words, you play ball and gain the rewards or you get out. Leave your temper tantrum at the door, or life can kick you in the teeth and we don't care. I'm sorry to be blunt but if you want to give your bro a chance he needs this.

Last edited:

Tarmander

I get what you are saying, but my mom did the same to me and my older brother and we turned out fine. Thats something i dont get. I do understand that people are different and that might be why we are fine and he is not, but still.
Is he the youngest?

michael94

Junk food is very processed which is actually a godsend if you are not digesting things well. Meat and baked/roasted/boiled potatoes is not appropriate for someone with low vile and stomach acid. Actually they would be better off with some potato chips because you will create so many more toxins from not digesting the heavy meal