Peatist Losers [Weight Loss]

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

Have you tried this method?
I have not, and won't, unless it becomes clear there is a problem that only abx can address. But so far that's not clear in my situation, and by all accounts, abx don't address the pathogenic organisms I'm trying to target (candida, parasites, etc.). In fact, abx often make non-bacterial pathogens worse by killing beneficial bacteria that ordinarily keep the other pathogens in check.

Abx also doesn't target biofilm, the fibrotic miasma produced by candida and some other organisms, which is probably (note I said "probably" and am not stating this as an absolute fact) a bigger player in systemic inflammation and fibrosis than is generally recognized. And nope, before you ask: not gonna cite it. I don't have time to cull back through a bunch of old links and organize everything that went into my decision. It's not in PubMed, anyway. Most of this is very not-mainstream. Mainstream will finally catch up in 20 years or so. I'm not asking you to try it. If you're interested, please look it up yourself. Yout can get to the same resources that helped me come to that conclusion, in the same way I did. Reams of torturous reading on some admittedly non-traditional websites and books, all with poor cognition. :meh: Hopefully it won't be as bad for you. :lol:

Seriously, I've been reading and hearing about biofilms and the dangers of candida, parasites, etc. for several decades. So none of the thinking about the non-bacterial pathogens was new to me. Even tried to address them (unsuccessfully, because I never had the right tools) a few times over the years. So I never lent much credence to what I had read in the past until I landed here and started having big-time inflammatory problems with sugar (not starch) and low fat. Then @thebigpeatowski's posts about Garlic Shock & Awe and turpentine just kind of clicked into place. Thank you again, Peatowski. :grouphug I've done a bunch of reading since that convinced me of the validity of the theory that these non-bacterial pathogens and their byproducts (esp. biofilm because of its potential contribution to fibrosis) are seriously detrimental to our health, so I'm addressing them.

Other's mileage may vary on using abx. This is just my own reply to the question posed. :)

Last edited:

tomisonbottom

@whodathunkit

I use these DAILY: T3, Gelatin, Taurine, Glycine, Thiamine, vitamin E

I use these when needed: vitamin K, Biotin, B12, Progesterone, Activated Charcoal, Turpentine

I need to be more regular with the Milk Thistle, I keep forgetting it.

What is turpentine for? And what do you take taurine and glycine for?
Do you take a b complex with the thiamine?

tomisonbottom

Yes and it works.

Awesome. Do you mind saying where you got penicillin VK?
Last I looked I couldn't find anyone who had it, and I get wary of pharmacies if I, or someone I know hasn't used them before.

Also, how do you determine if you're at a calorie deficit? Did you use a certain formula?

In fact, abx often make non-bacterial pathogens worse by killing beneficial bacteria that ordinarily keep the other pathogens in check.

Abx also doesn't target biofilm, the fibrotic miasma produced by candida and some other organisms, which is probably (note I said "probably" and am not stating this as an absolute fact) a bigger player in systemic inflammation and fibrosis than is generally recognized.

Then @thebigpeatowski's posts about Garlic Shock & Awe and turpentine just kind of clicked into place. Thank you again, Peatowski. :grouphug I've done a bunch of reading since that convinced me of the validity of the theory that these non-bacterial pathogens and their byproducts (esp. biofilm because of its potential contribution to fibrosis) are seriously detrimental to our health, so I'm addressing them.

THIS EXACTLY......see what I mean? Kill those f*ckers!!! I posted some research on my thread a long time ago about bio-films and research regarding intracellular pathogens/infections, they're nearly impossible to detect especially through "routine" doctor visits.

Make your personal terrain less hospitable....

• Drink The Turp.
  • Eat DENSELY NUTRITIOUS whole food.
  • Get Plenty of Sunshine.
  • Good Sleep.
  • Move around every day.
  • Love the Life that you CREATE.
Tweak as necessary for your own personal individual needs. Wash, rinse, repeat.

XOXO

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

Yes and it works.
For you.

If problems aren't bacterial the abx won't help.

That said, if it becomes clear to me that this course of action won't fix my problems with inflammation I'm open to looking at abx as a source of help. I'm not necessarily anti-abx but more anti-abx as a first-line intervention for gut problems. For the simple reason that so many gut problems start because of abx. Keeping the entire gut "sterile" not being a realistic goal unless one lives in a bubble.

what do you take taurine and glycine for?
I started taking glycine years ago, pre-Peat, because it relaxed me and helped me sleep. Added taurine after I started having digestion/gastroparesis problems becuase the combo is supposed help promote the creation of bile.

I've stopped the taurine for now. It was somehow making me feel "off" in a way that I don't get without it.

For a while I was getting it as a fraction in the ursodeoxycholic acid supps I was taking (tauroursodeoxycholic acid, or TUDCA), but not taking that any more. Now I'm on UDCA without taurine (for liver support, promoting bile formation, etc.), and liking that better than its cousin TUDCA. UDCA is more 'spensive and it's prescription, but it's not a long-term thing. Shorter-term intervention.

I still take glycine for it's relaxation effects and also the Peaty beneficial effects on estrogen.

I stopped eating gelatin for the time being because I'm thinking that might have been a player in the recent uptick in inflammation I experienced.

Do you take a b complex with the thiamine?
No, I take my B's piecemeal. I can't find a multi without some form of niacin. Niacin in any form, even Peat's beloved niacinimide, still doesn't seem to entirely agree with me. When I first began recovering (over three years ago) I couldn't take niacin or niacinimide at all. Felt immediate negative effects (irritable, out of sorts, fatigue) at even very small doses. Now I can take it occasionally, but as a daily thing it's a no-go. Since it's such an essential player in energy metabolism I keep trying, though. When I noticed last year it wasn't giving me immediate negative effects I decided to try a high-dose experiment (based on something I read :rolleyes:) that crashed my thyroid. I've pretty much recovered from that minor debacle, but still experience some subtly negative effects at Peaty doses, so I just don't supplement it daily like in a multi. Maybe one day. But for now I'm doing okay without it.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

I posted some research on my thread a long time ago about bio-films and research regarding intracellular pathogens/infections,
That was actually one thing that tipped me into looking at biofilms again. O how I wish I'd paid attention when I first started hearing about that. How much trouble could I have saved myself, I wonder?

Turpentine is kinda like anti-biotics, only better in my opinion...over the 8 months that I've been taking it I have had AMAZING healing in various parts of my body. Crazy stuff draining from my left ear on several occasions, crazy stuff draining from my sinuses, even though I didn't think I had sinus issues (not like others describe anyways)......the massive Liver Exodus back in January and so much more.

Love The Turp DEARLY.....I don't take it often, but I love it dearly.

Awesome. Do you mind saying where you got penicillin VK?
Last I looked I couldn't find anyone who had it, and I get wary of pharmacies if I, or someone I know hasn't used them before.

Also, how do you determine if you're at a calorie deficit? Did you use a certain formula?

From an online mexican pharmacy via google. Type the name of the online pharmacy along with 'raypeatforum' in google search to see others' experiences with that store.

Use any online calorie counter to gauge your caloric needs along with myfitnesspal or cronometer to track your food/calories.

For you.

If problems aren't bacterial the abx won't help.

That said, if it becomes clear to me that this course of action won't fix my problems with inflammation I'm open to looking at abx as a source of help. I'm not necessarily anti-abx but more anti-abx as a first-line intervention for gut problems. For the simple reason that so many gut problems start because of abx. Keeping the entire gut "sterile" not being a realistic goal unless one lives in a bubble.

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to use antibiotics. If you don't want to take them then don't.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to use antibiotics. If you don't want to take them then don't.
Just clarifying for anyone else reading this thread. You make abx sound like the miracle cure and a sterile gut an achievable goal. They're not. But I'm glad abx worked for you, and they can be a tool in the arsenal.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

the massive Liver Exodus back in January
??? Did I miss this, or did I read it and forgot about it...?

Have you updated all the goings-on in your big thread?

Incidentally, I've been doing coffee enemas and am experiencing some similarly interesting phenomenon. One thing about CE's being they stimulate the liver. My sinuses drain like crazy and I can actually feel the lymph moving around in different parts of the body. Yesterday I felt it moving up my back and neck and into my head and ears. Crazy stuff. I've been hearing about the detox effects of CE's for nearly 30 years but never tried them until now.

For the record, not crazy about the enema process. I'll be glad when it's over and down to very episodic maintenance. But because I've known for a while that I've got some problems with my detoxification pathways, I decided to give them a boost while I was doing the turp and other anti-microbials. Also getting a short series of professional colonics to aid, and walking a lot to sweat. Again, a lot of interesting stuff going on.

Did I miss this, or did I read it and forgot about it...?

Have you updated all the goings-on in your big thread?

I think I wrote about it on Peata's thread for weight loss....Unfortunately, I have a tendency to ramble all over the forum. I'm often short on time when I pop in and join conversations. I end up blurting stuff out all over the place, then forget to update on my Ginormous thread properly.....besides, no one reads that sh*t anyways. Except KellyP, bless her heart....oh and westsidepufas too, he'll read a snippet or two in order to use my words out of context for bludgeoning those who disagree with his opinion.

tomisonbottom

Yes and it works.

Do you have any thoughts on how long someone can go with a calorie deficit without it lowering metabolism and causing more problems?

Or do you think that's worth the risk for the sake of displacing pufa with saturated fat in the long run?

Do you have any thoughts on how long someone can go with a calorie deficit without it lowering metabolism and causing more problems?

Or do you think that's worth the risk for the sake of displacing pufa with saturated fat in the long run?

Hi tomisonbottom...I realize you're asking cantstoppeating this question, but I'll chime in with my own opinion while you wait for him to reply.

My own personal opinion on length of time in a calorie deficit without lowering metabolism is: It depends.

Depends on your personal level of body fat, the health of your personal current metabolic condition with regards to nutrient repletion, level of fitness, current level of activity, current daily life stress levels, the amount of good sleep you're getting, sunshine exposure, etc. etc. etc.

If you have a lot of body fat to lose (say 40 pounds) you can go longer, but I wouldn't go more than 6 weeks at a stretch, then take break. And do as much as humanly possibly to mitigate the stress.

Have you read through this thread from the beginning? Various methods of stress reduction techniques are mentioned throughout. Glycine, extra B vits. etc......

I read that sh*t. :)

Wow, and you still respect me the next morning??? :kiss

InChristAlone

Since you all are talking about turpentine, what is a good product? Also what if it kills off fungi that was there because of heavy metal toxicity? Then activated charcoal would really be necessary right?

Since you all are talking about turpentine, what is a good product? Also what if it kills off fungi that was there because of heavy metal toxicity? Then activated charcoal would really be necessary right?

Diamond G forest products on fleabay:

4 oz Gum Spirits of Turpentine

The activated charcoal isn't completely necessary, but it helps with die off.......not everyone experiences major die off reactions. It just depends on who is living in your gut, how much Turp you take, whether you take it on an empty stomach or with food etc.

If you decide to try it, PLEASE make sure you don't get constipated;)

milk_lover

I have a question about two substances that I believe can cause weight gain. Lysine and Pregnenolone. Anybody has an opinion about that?

belcanto

Diamond G forest products on fleabay:

4 oz Gum Spirits of Turpentine

The activated charcoal isn't completely necessary, but it helps with die off.......not everyone experiences major die off reactions. It just depends on who is living in your gut, how much Turp you take, whether you take it on an empty stomach or with food etc.

If you decide to try it, PLEASE make sure you don't get constipated;)

Do you mean constipated from the activated charcoal or from the turpentine? Please also give us a quick rundown on how you've been taking both products - I believe you've mentioned it above, but that was 21 pages ago!:shock: THANKS!:D:D

SQu

Various methods of stress reduction techniques are mentioned throughout. Glycine, extra B vits. etc......
To which I'd add concentrated sugar eg fruit preserves to the dietary list, and rotation, going by symptoms. So for example I've tried low fat & starch, a number of times and had different experiences ranging from bad and counterproductive to pretty good, turning a corner. Almost always I know it's knocking metabolism because my digestion worsens. Indigestion makes an appearance in spite of t3. If I can't stop this (eg taurine, coffee, swedish bitters, t3) and other stress feelings eg just don't feel great, worse sleep, anxious, restless, and no results, like I couldn't this last week, I stop for a while, focus on rebuilding health in other ways for a while.

I thought I replied to this but see I didn't. This is good news, SQu! Still holding? :)

Yes still holding, can't drop further at the moment but not going backwards either. Clothes I was wearing a few months ago now that I put them on again as it gets warmer, are looser. Soon the orange season will be over sadly so no more fresh oj, but other metabolism boosters of summer should make up for that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals