"Biggest Loser" Contestants Regained Weight. Peat Perspective

I will also say I totally disagree with the whole trying to lose weight thing, I think it is insane, but it matters in our society so I understand it.

I don't give a sh*t about what our society thinks, I would never diet for the sake of what someone else thinks.

This is about how I FEEL...my pants don't fit. I have 15 (at least) pairs of vintage Levi's that I cannot physically get my *ss into. My one remaining pair of 501's that do fit are rapidly becoming threadbare because I've been living in them solely for a year and a half. I HATE shopping for clothes and besides it would take forever to find the proper size of vintage American Made 501's....AND I got better things to spend $$$ on.

But you're right, I'm probably insane.

tara

Tarmander

I don't give a sh*t about what our society thinks, I would never diet for the sake of what someone else thinks.

This is about how I FEEL...my pants don't fit. I have 15 (at least) pairs of vintage Levi's that I cannot physically get my *ss into. My one remaining pair of 501's that do fit are rapidly becoming threadbare because I've been living in them solely for a year and a half. I HATE shopping for clothes and besides it would take forever to find the proper size of vintage American Made 501's....AND I got better things to spend $$$ on.

But you're right, I'm probably insane.

Haha. Your right, shopping for clothes is pretty bad. Not much I wouldn't do to avoid that.

shopping for clothes is pretty bad. Not much I wouldn't do to avoid that.

NO doubt, clothes shopping would most definitely raise my cortisol and adrenaline to EXCESS....Very UnPeaty. I can just imagine it now: I'd be in the dressing room sweating bullets, filled with anxiety and frustration while cursing Tarmander's name :lol:.

Alright, alright....so crash dieting is stressful and clothes shopping is equally (way more) stressful.

What's a plump girl to do? I need a workable plan and quick before the last threads of my One Pair of 501's completely unravel....

Perhaps I'll go back to what I did in 2014, but without dropping the calories too much. @HDD how long did it take for you to reach 125lbs after your initial gain?

Life is too damn short to spend in dressing rooms.

managing

What about supplements. We have suggestions of thyroid and caffeine. Any thoughts on topical caffeine?
Edit: I will also say I totally disagree with the whole trying to lose weight thing, I think it is insane, but it matters in our society so I understand it.
WHere the hell did that even come from? OK, maybe "biggest loser" but this thread has moved on, maybe you just didn't read it before posting.

Belly fat is bad. This is a fundamental proposition of RP. And you can feel its negative repercussions, regardless of whether you know a thing about RP or not.

managing

@managing
These quotes are from Peatarian email exchange:

"When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories."
."
What about caffeine?

managing

While there are many things that could be done, I would personally try to lower stress with pregnenolone and take emodin/cascara to inhibit cortisol synthesis directly. Taking a little bit of niacinamide should be able to limit the conversion of food into new fat as well.
Emodin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am familiar with RP recommending cascara, but I wasn't aware of a connection to cortisol. For me it seems to aggravate asthma symptoms I haven't had for years. Which could be due to reducing cortisol too low perhaps?

Birdie

NO doubt, clothes shopping would most definitely raise my cortisol and adrenaline to EXCESS....Very UnPeaty. I can just imagine it now: I'd be in the dressing room sweating bullets, filled with anxiety and frustration while cursing Tarmander's name :lol:.

Alright, alright....so crash dieting is stressful and clothes shopping is equally (way more) stressful.

What's a plump girl to do? I need a workable plan and quick before the last threads of my One Pair of 501's completely unravel....

Perhaps I'll go back to what I did in 2014, but without dropping the calories too much. @HDD how long did it take for you to reach 125lbs after your initial gain?

Life is too damn short to spend in dressing rooms.
Oh, I remember the dressing room misery.

The last time I gained weight, enough for misery, was about 3 or 4 years ago.
And it took me three years to lose that 30 pounds.

I couldn't go back to what I'd been eating at the lower weight since I wanted to keep the Peat ideas.
That made it even harder because I didn't have the experience to know if it would ever work.
And I knew I wanted to do it slowly, but it was so hard that way.

Tarmander

WHere the hell did that even come from? OK, maybe "biggest loser" but this thread has moved on, maybe you just didn't read it before posting.

Belly fat is bad. This is a fundamental proposition of RP. And you can feel its negative repercussions, regardless of whether you know a thing about RP or not.

I think you misunderstand me. All you can really control is your intention. If your intention is to lean your liver down, and your measurement is belly fat, I think that is fine. What I think is insane is having a main intention to shrink your adipose tissue organ.

My experience in dealing with people who want to shrink their adipose organ is that under that, eventually the motivation is one of being loved. Maybe this is because of all the happy couples on TV they see on the beach all ripped? I am not sure, it is a constant bombardment that looking good will lead to happiness.

The insanity comes in because in my experience, being loved, and loving in return, has very little to do with adipose size, and a whole lot to do with being happy, comfortable, being in the moment with your family, aka being present and giving attention. I have not seen (not saying they aren't out there) a method that reduces adipose organ size that does not also reduce your ability to do these things. So I think it is INSANE because it is a classic societal trap that says we need MORE of this bad thing to get to a good thing. i.e. more war will lead to peace, more greed will lead to innovation and fairness, going to the doctor more will lead to better health, etc. You are better off just making your intention about having a life filled with more love, way quicker then trying to shrink adipose organ size.

Also, if you are going to use "Fundamental proposition of RP," you should probably quote him in the least.

My experience in dealing with people who want to shrink their adipose organ is that under that, eventually the motivation is one of being loved. Maybe this is because of all the happy couples on TV they see on the beach all ripped? I am not sure, it is a constant bombardment that looking good will lead to happiness.

I don't watch T.V. and I know for a fact that I am loved and adored, but I get your point. There was a time, many many years ago, when I wasn't okay with the way I looked. My lack of self acceptance lead to some bad choices in partners...even then I still didn't starve myself for affection.

You raise a valid issue for many women though...I'm just too old to give a damn.:p

Tarmander said:
So I think it is INSANE because it is a classic societal trap that says we need MORE of this bad thing to get to a good thing.

Less (fat) is MORE.

Last edited:

HDD

@thebigpeatowski I can't say for sure how long ...but at around six months I went on a trip that required warmer clothing and I realized my jeans were too big and some no longer uncomfortable. I noticed weight loss on the scale soon after I cut back but I didn't log anything. I was inspired by you to try to lose weight since it wasn't happening on its own. I still have undesirable fat on my upper arms, stomach, and rear end. I think if I did some weight lifting and walked more frequently, this would reduce but I'm in need of motivation. Maybe trying on new bathing suits would get me moving?
My husbands motivation to lose weight is functional. Recent weight loss has made him a happier man. He is a die hard surfer and when he gets too heavy he is unable to ride his shorter surfboard and has to resort to a long board. This limits his ability as a surfer and is very frustrating for him. He also has less energy , is less productive at work, and has more pain when he is carrying the extra weight. At age 61 he doesn't expect to be ripped but "shredding" is important.

@thebigpeatowski I can't say for sure how long ...but at around six months I went on a trip that required warmer clothing and I realized my jeans were too big and some no longer uncomfortable. I noticed weight loss on the scale soon after I cut back but I didn't log anything. I was inspired by you to try to lose weight since it wasn't happening on its own.

Yeah, definitely NOT happening on it's own.

HDD said:
I still have undesirable fat on my upper arms, stomach, and rear end. I think if I did some weight lifting and walked more frequently, this would reduce but I'm in need of motivation. Maybe trying on new bathing suits would get me moving?

OMG NO, no no no...trying on new Bathing Suits??? (breaks in to a full-on sweaty dressing room panic at the very thought)

I walk plenty and occasionally lift heavy stuff (yard work)...not nearly enough tho....and heavy lifting makes me even HUNGRIER.

HDD said:
My husbands motivation to lose weight is functional. Recent weight loss has made him a happier man. He is a die hard surfer and when he gets too heavy he is unable to ride his shorter surfboard and has to resort to a long board. This limits his ability as a surfer and is very frustrating for him. He also has less energy , is less productive at work, and has more pain when he is carrying the extra weight. At age 61 he doesn't expect to be ripped but "shredding" is important.

Thank you so much for sharing....all of this is very VERY TRUE for me too. I feel better with a bit less body fat, more productive, HAPPIER, less aches and pains, etc.

So very admirable....Surfin' at 61.....Simply Stunning.

managing

I think you misunderstand me. All you can really control is your intention. If your intention is to lean your liver down, and your measurement is belly fat, I think that is fine. What I think is insane is having a main intention to shrink your adipose tissue organ.

The insanity comes in because in my experience, being loved, and loving in return, has very little to do with adipose size, and a whole lot to do with being happy, comfortable, being in the moment with your family, aka being present and giving attention. I have not seen (not saying they aren't out there) a method that reduces adipose organ size that does not also reduce your ability to do these things. So I think it is INSANE because it is a classic societal trap that says we need MORE of this bad thing to get to a good thing. i.e. more war will lead to peace, more greed will lead to innovation and fairness, going to the doctor more will lead to better health, etc. You are better off just making your intention about having a life filled with more love, way quicker then trying to shrink adipose organ size.

Also, if you are going to use "Fundamental proposition of RP," you should probably quote him in the least.
Well, thanks for elucidating. I just think projecting yourself into other people's minds like this is likely to lead to misunderstandings.

I think belly fat-estrogen relationship as being a central part of RP is not controversial. Do you think it is?

Tarmander

I'll take that as a yes. Does anybody else think it (belly fat ~ estrogen) is something that RP is ambiguous about the importance of?

You can take it however you like. In your previous statement you said "I think belly fat-estrogen relationship as being a central part of RP is not controversial. Do you think it is?" I ask you for some evidence on this. I did a search and I think he mentions abdominal fat once in all of his articles on his website (Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity). So unless you have some quotes by him from interviews that I haven't seen...

Edit: Look, it just sucks when people cheapen his work, which is what I am basically getting at. Taking all of the things he's written and lumping them under belly fat and estrogen is really short sighted. Saying it is central to his work totally pushes aside all the great stuff he has written about sub atomic particles, membranes, quantum theory, and a great deal of other subjects.

Last edited:

managing

Saying it is central to his work totally pushes aside all the great stuff he has written about sub atomic particles, membranes, quantum theory, and a great deal of other subjects.
LMAO. No, no it doesn't, any more than mentioning quantum theory pushes aside estrogen. Lighten up.

EIRE24

But tacky double entendres are what make my life worth living. This experiment has simply got to have a funny title, a fat loss diet is painfully boring. I'd go so far as to all it grueling, except that we can't have starch. All this talk of clarity and search ability...pfft, your pragmatism is showing.

I added the pressure cuff to my list of monitoring tools in order to gauge my reaction to thyroid dosing. I'm no longer using any T4 meds, finding a T3 dose can be a little bit trickier. This aspect is very specific and unique to each Loser, so you may not actually need a cuff. Personal choice.

I know, the only semi-rational explanation I can come up with is that when these folks see their blood sugars go wonky then they become even more convinced that sugar is evil. Deeply held beliefs....Brain washing is difficult to overrule. Death by mangos.

I was eating everything in sight....no, I'm exaggerating. When I added carbs back in I wasn't handling sugars well AT ALL. I struggled with falling asleep after eating, neuropathy, massive adrenaline rushes, chronic diarrhea from Hell etc. I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't restrict anything, sort of a re-feed a la Matt Stone. I was severely malnourished when I arrived here and my body needed to know the famine was over, so it HAD to happen. I guess, I don't know. I have a tendency to jump in head first....perhaps I should have dipped my toes in and gone more slowly.

The resulting weight gain was causing wicked bad estrogen symptoms. I had a breast lump that was painful and growing, doc wanted me to go in for a needle biopsy. I read about that procedure and decided against it. I took some fairly aggressive measures which included insane doses of progesterone and various herbal antimicrobials for my guts....and Voila, now you know the rest of the story, albeit the CliffsNotes (registered trademark) version.

Can you even believe I've written over forty pages of total bulls*t when it could all be said in three sentences?

Nope, don't mind at all...but I re-posted it over on my thread for a gal who's having blood sugar issues and I added a few things that I'd forgotten about here, plus I noticed some typos which the Editor in me cannot abide (but was too lazy to deal with at the time). So how about I go clean up that post and you can use the Spiffed Up Version?

And stop apologizing for so many posts and questions, jeez man. You're up to what, like 50 posts? Please.:therethere

Editing to add that it looks as if I can no longer edit the post over at my thread so just edit whenever you repost, maybe add to the supplement list or whatever.

All this technological kindle stuff has my eyes glazed over, have NO idea what you guys are talking about.

So what would it be summed up in three sentences?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals