Never Broken- sugarbabe's log

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Got sick last Friday with a pretty bad head cold. (COVID test was negative but I took it well into being sick). Finally feeling back to myself today. Had some moments of panic about my symptoms because of the constant fear mongering about COVID. So I decided I'm going to make coming on here a once in a while thing as I want to limit my obsession with health so as to limit my anxiety surrounding my body. Which is my main source of anxiety.

I lost about 4 lbs despite consuming like 60% of my calories as fat. Just wasn't eating enough overall when I was sick. My body loves fats right now though. I tried doing more carbs today and felt kinda dizzy. Ate some fats with some jello and felt much better. Just going to go with it for now. And I'm still doing the energin and thiamine. Oh and when I took aspirin before bed is when my symptoms really got better so I may keep that up for a while.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

It's been a week and I took a good break from the forum. It was basically mandatory. And I will keep it to a minimum still because I have decided I have an eating disorder along with the panic disorder and have to devote myself to recovering. And this forum is basically one big eating disorder and mental disorder lol. So here is a good talk with Tabitha about the migration theory to eating disorders:

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Forgot the update on thiamine. Realized I absolutely need this supplement when on the days I don't take it I have crazy anxiety and blood sugar crashes and sleep much worse. Today I'm seeing light at the end of this. My BP is the highest I've seen it in many yrs. 120/77 after standing for a while. Which means my nervous system is finally responding instead of getting POTS like symptoms. My nervous system has been the main cause of all my problems it seems. I've never had the wet beri beri type symptoms. My nerves just get frazzled with stress. Poor adaptation to stress is vitamin B1 deficiency.

This forum is always like... you must be hypothyroid or maybe you just don't eat enough protein, well yeah protein is where a lot of b vitamins come from, but when eating a high carb diet I don't think protein sources will ever top up that tank once it's so low for so long. Maybe enough to live a decent life, but always have issues like sleep apnea, or poor energy production. I'm a total b vitamin advocate now. My thyroid seems fine, I have had normal temps and pulses for many yrs. But how can thyroid hormones work if you are missing key nutrients to produce ATP?

youngsinatra

Forgot the update on thiamine. Realized I absolutely need this supplement when on the days I don't take it I have crazy anxiety and blood sugar crashes and sleep much worse. Today I'm seeing light at the end of this. My BP is the highest I've seen it in many yrs. 120/77 after standing for a while. Which means my nervous system is finally responding instead of getting POTS like symptoms. My nervous system has been the main cause of all my problems it seems. I've never had the wet beri beri type symptoms. My nerves just get frazzled with stress. Poor adaptation to stress is vitamin B1 deficiency.

This forum is always like... you must be hypothyroid or maybe you just don't eat enough protein, well yeah protein is where a lot of b vitamins come from, but when eating a high carb diet I don't think protein sources will ever top up that tank once it's so low for so long. Maybe enough to live a decent life, but always have issues like sleep apnea, or poor energy production. I'm a total b vitamin advocate now. My thyroid seems fine, I have had normal temps and pulses for many yrs. But how can thyroid hormones work if you are missing key nutrients to produce ATP?
How much do you take?
Great to hear that it improves your situation!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

How much do you take?
Great to hear that it improves your situation!
I've been taking about 20-30 mg a day. I think taking that like 2-3 times a day is ideal, but I just figured that out today lol.

aniciete

Got sick last Friday with a pretty bad head cold. (COVID test was negative but I took it well into being sick). Finally feeling back to myself today. Had some moments of panic about my symptoms because of the constant fear mongering about COVID. So I decided I'm going to make coming on here a once in a while thing as I want to limit my obsession with health so as to limit my anxiety surrounding my body. Which is my main source of anxiety.

I lost about 4 lbs despite consuming like 60% of my calories as fat. Just wasn't eating enough overall when I was sick. My body loves fats right now though. I tried doing more carbs today and felt kinda dizzy. Ate some fats with some jello and felt much better. Just going to go with it for now. And I'm still doing the energin and thiamine. Oh and when I took aspirin before bed is when my symptoms really got better so I may keep that up for a while.
How many drops of energin do you take?

-Luke-

Hey sugarbabe. Everything all right? Just noticed you have not been active for a while.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Hey sugarbabe. Everything all right? Just noticed you have not been active for a while.
Hey, just took a long break to focus on my present life. I was getting extremely obsessed with my health. I decided to come back on because I finally got some labs done and they were pretty eye opening.

Free T3 3.0 range 2.3-4.2
Free T4 1.0 range 0.8-1.8
TSH 4.59

Vitamin D, 25-OH 26

That's the worst it's been although I've only ever got those tests once many yrs ago. I'm confused how my vitamin D could be that low when I'm out in the sun everyday for at least 20 mins when the UV is at 10. And also how can I have normal T3 with such a high TSH?

It does explain all my symptoms. I just don't want to self treat. I feel pretty lost honestly. This is the worst my health has ever been. I'm still struggling with what to eat and where to go from here. I know I need to get that vitamin D up but I've heard such terrible things about supplementing I will have to just lay in the sun for an hour a day and then assess in 3 months.

I can't take the b vitamins much I get too wired. They do help energy and digestion but the wired feeling is too strong.

PeskyPeater

Seems you have increased angiotensin enzymes in the head from IBS. This causes depression and anxiety. A couple of losartans or candesartans can remedy that and stabilize your blood pressure reduce serotonin and IBS.

.edit.
You have indicated to have panic attacks and say niacinamide helps. B3 acts like GABA. Angiotensin inhibitor can also help with GABA and axiety disorder:

Angiotensin-II Is a Putative Neurotransmitter in Lactate-Induced Panic-Like Responses in Rats with Disruption of GABAergic Inhibition in the Dorsomedial Hypothalamus

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

Decaf coffee is high in chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid that improves the metabolism of acetylcholine

.edit.
also Echinacea has caffeic acid and is high in chlorogenic acid that imitates dopamine
seems to work great with licorice root, which actually like aspirin reduces the breakdown of progesterone.
When the plant root powder was administered to the male rats (in two doses: 30 and 100 mg/kg, for 3 and 15 days, respectively, to prolactin secretion), regulation of the immune system was observed. The low dose for 3 days did not affect prolactin secretion, while the higher dose for 15 days significantly inhibited prolactin secretion. A possible mechanism for this activity may be attributed to dopaminergic activity of the plant and/or structural similarity between chlorogenic acid and dopamine.[27] The activity of the combined preparation of E. purpurea and Glycyrrhiza glabra has been examined both in vitro and in vivo, and the results suggested that this mixture has a potential of synergic effects on immunostimulation, unlike the single plant therapy.[28]

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
May I ask your age sugarbabe?

Thiamine and zinc (perhaps others) seem pretty important in ED recovery. Honestly I understand the hesitation toward supplements but if a person has been restricting for a long time it makes sense that they could be a bit deficient. We just have to remember that supplements are never a replacement for real food but I think judiciously they can help the healing process along.

Peatful

Just clicked on here.
Have read 10% at most.

But the problem is: we are broken.
Not never broken.

ED?
I had one- so insidious that I didn’t even know it until I was ~50 percent already recovered.
Had it for 20 years. So blind. So f’d up in my head.
Yet, I was so unwell, it was secondary to some bigger health problems.
Don’t know if you can relate.

Your labs are just a temporary snapshot of the stress (probable energy deficit) in your body.
They can change quickly.
Don’t fret.

You probably know where im headed:
Have you ever consistently eaten a lot; re-fed intentionally?

P

Peatness

I too was really surprised at how low my vitamin D was in my last test. I thought it might have something to do with my bp medication but recently I've been wondering about chemtrials. The spraying has been pretty bad in my area in the past year. Is it possible that vitamin D from the sun is being blocked? Just wondering.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Decaf coffee is high in chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid that improves the metabolism of acetylcholine

.edit.
also Echinacea has caffeic acid and is high in chlorogenic acid that imitates dopamine
seems to work great with licorice root, which actually like aspirin reduces the breakdown of progesterone.
Interesting, thanks.

May I ask your age sugarbabe?

Thiamine and zinc (perhaps others) seem pretty important in ED recovery. Honestly I understand the hesitation toward supplements but if a person has been restricting for a long time it makes sense that they could be a bit deficient. We just have to remember that supplements are never a replacement for real food but I think judiciously they can help the healing process along.
I am 36. Yeah I do think I'm low in a bunch of things, I was really trying to make the thiamine work but it was hard to push thru any negative symptoms. Some kind of paradox. I am considering trying to push thru.

Just clicked on here.
Have read 10% at most.

But the problem is: we are broken.
Not never broken.

ED?
I had one- so insidious that I didn’t even know it until I was ~50 percent already recovered.
Had it for 20 years. So blind. So f’d up in my head.
Yet, I was so unwell, it was secondary to some bigger health problems.
Don’t know if you can relate.

Your labs are just a temporary snapshot of the stress (probable energy deficit) in your body.
They can change quickly.
Don’t fret.

You probably know where im headed:
Have you ever consistently eaten a lot; re-fed intentionally?
Yeah I do feel broken in ways. I have not been able to increase calories for long I always end up back at around 1700-1800 no matter what I do. But I did a pretty dedicated refeed yrs ago when I was underweight and I was successful. Then I levelled out and have been at a pretty stable weight on 1700 calories. Will keep trying to push it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
am 36. Yeah I do think I'm low in a bunch of things, I was really trying to make the thiamine work but it was hard to push thru any negative symptoms. Some kind of paradox. I am considering trying to push thru.
Paradoxical reactions happen to many people so don’t feel discouraged. A good general rule I’ve gleaned from reading Eliot Overton and Dr. Lonsdale is to start low and increase slowly.
Have you tried as low as 10 mg 2 times per day? Since you have experienced negative symptoms I’d refrain from increasing the dose too fast. Staying at a low dose and not increasing it until you feel you are stable at that level is a good general guideline. If you’re doing well at a certain amount for about one week (Eliot has said every 5 days) you can try increasing it.
My grandma passed away from beriberi at age 39 a couple months after giving birth to my mom so this has been a particular area of interest for me. I’d be happy to speak with you anytime so if you’re interested feel free to reach out.

Peatful

Interesting, thanks.

I am 36. Yeah I do think I'm low in a bunch of things, I was really trying to make the thiamine work but it was hard to push thru any negative symptoms. Some kind of paradox. I am considering trying to push thru.

Yeah I do feel broken in ways. I have not been able to increase calories for long I always end up back at around 1700-1800 no matter what I do. But I did a pretty dedicated refeed yrs ago when I was underweight and I was successful. Then I levelled out and have been at a pretty stable weight on 1700 calories. Will keep trying to push it.
Regarding the high TSH.
Remember if you are low Vitamin A- that will move your body into hypothyroidism.
It’s a driving force or direct causation.

Stop restricting.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Posting an update since I finally got my yearly labs done. Everything looked great for me, LDH is still a little below range (actual range is 130 but my ranges on my chart indicate healthy ranges) which indicate hypoglycemia. And explains some of my issues with eating. But I've never be able to get that number higher. Main thing that's not going well is cholesterol.
cholesterollabs.jpg

I started having allergies because we got guinea pigs and I have a known allergy to grass. I started getting itchy mouth and eyes. Then this past Sunday I had a massive panic attack after dinner, I had lemonade which I rarely drink due to the reactions I usually get. I had also been trying to decrease my vitamin C intake because I think it's blocking some detox. It's apparent I still need it or need to go much slower decreasing it.

I had been doing fairly well up until then. Sleep kinda sucked still, energy kinda sucked and of course I still dealt with appetite problems. I started drinking warm water in the mornings with ACV and honey and that seemed to help me digest making appetite better but still not eating enough during the day. I also think that led to the histamine intolerance or whatever crazy reactions I am getting again. Blood sugar was perfect last night when I had another adrenaline rush. I upped the vitamin C today to 2.5 grams and so far I'm feeling better despite not eating a whole lot. Just had some Kamut pasta and so far no major reaction. Kamut is probably slower digested than white rice which I had yesterday.

I did just read that copper toxicity or free copper can cause panic attacks. I wonder if that's why vit C would help me. No idea.

aniciete

Posting an update since I finally got my yearly labs done. Everything looked great for me, LDH is still a little below range (actual range is 130 but my ranges on my chart indicate healthy ranges) which indicate hypoglycemia. And explains some of my issues with eating. But I've never be able to get that number higher. Main thing that's not going well is cholesterol. View attachment 37437

I started having allergies because we got guinea pigs and I have a known allergy to grass. I started getting itchy mouth and eyes. Then this past Sunday I had a massive panic attack after dinner, I had lemonade which I rarely drink due to the reactions I usually get. I had also been trying to decrease my vitamin C intake because I think it's blocking some detox. It's apparent I still need it or need to go much slower decreasing it.

I had been doing fairly well up until then. Sleep kinda sucked still, energy kinda sucked and of course I still dealt with appetite problems. I started drinking warm water in the mornings with ACV and honey and that seemed to help me digest making appetite better but still not eating enough during the day. I also think that led to the histamine intolerance or whatever crazy reactions I am getting again. Blood sugar was perfect last night when I had another adrenaline rush. I upped the vitamin C today to 2.5 grams and so far I'm feeling better despite not eating a whole lot. Just had some Kamut pasta and so far no major reaction. Kamut is probably slower digested than white rice which I had yesterday.

I did just read that copper toxicity or free copper can cause panic attacks. I wonder if that's why vit C would help me. No idea.
How’s your zinc intake? Do you have panic attacks or anxiety often?

VitoScaletta

Beef heart has a lot of cholesterol and is relatively low in Iron (still some ofc), very very low in PUFA and also very cheap.
I would recommend to eat with oxtail soup or gelatin cuz it does have a lot of methionine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals