My Log And My Goal To Raise Body T And Bpm

OP
Ulla

Ulla

It is almost three weeks since going low fat, high carb for some period. Till Easter if I am more accurate.

In the beginning of that time I was maybe too high in fats (< 50g) and too low in carbs. Gradually I went lower with fats (<20, 30 g) and higher in carbs (~ 500g). It is now, lets say, 14 days that I am aiming for higher calories (from my aspect): 2500 kcal, some days even more. Depends if I eat some Haribos...or a lot of rice.

My sleeping is better last two days. I usually wake up in the early morning after 6 hours of sleeping. I believe I could use 8 hours but I just can't sleep more. Even if I go to bed earlier I don't fell asleep and I wake up after 5 am, sleep some more and before 7 am I go out of the bad.
I dream a lot too. Ray Peat said somewhere that dreaming is a sign of high cortisol.

Last few days I came across McDougall and his videos on youtube. I listen to them and more I listen to him, more I am confused with aspect of consuming starches vs fruits; white/whole grain rice; milk...
All this confusion resulted that now I am somewhere in the middle what to eat for the next 4 weeks till Easter.
My point is to complete PUFA depletion as much as possible.
And more that I listen McDougall, more I feel to eat white rice, white homemade bread...ahh... brainwash or what?
Mixing starches, fruits, fat free diary seems like a bad choice. Argh.

I also thinking to try potato diet for three,four days.
This time I intended for experimenting in zero/low fat diet.

I hope I will feel good. If I won't feel good I will stop earlier because I am not in such a strong condition right now.
My TSH last time was above 4, T4 below normal.
My hair are falling out a bit.

Good thing is that I slept better last two nights (it was weekend and usually I eat more for weekends because I am at home) and that my temp. seems more stable lately.

Usually my morning T were around 36 - 36.4 and after eating breakfast raised to 36.5 :)
Today I measured 36.5 before breakfast. After breakfast it remained 36.5.
I didn't check bpm.

I was also taking progestene in bigger quantities for last 14 days.
Around 40 drops but I lowered it back to 20 drops or less.

With all that calories I eat (and nutrients) I am confued how is possible to get TSH high and hair falling out.
I am thinking that maybe I pushed my metabolism too much for me at the moment and got a reverse reaction. Not sure.

Some days I think I eat so much (2500-3000 kcal) and sometimes that this is normal.

Because of pain in my back I took a break from gym for this week. I will walk more to relief the pain.

Lately if I feel like treating myself I buy Haribo bears :) My peccadillo.

Anyways...
this is for now.

OP
Ulla

Ulla

I've made a decision to stop counting calories. I was doing it for 5 months.o_O
This was so exhausting.
From now on I think I will be capable to trust myself, my body and without counting and measuring I will develop more feeling for my body's craving. It has been two days since I don't count calories anymore and it feels soooo good.:wink
I don't know why I even started that...

Anyways.
Statistics:
  • last 5 months daily average: 2331 kcal, 51 g fats, 370 g carbs, 117 g protein (in Dec and Jan I was just a little less Peaty, otherwise Peat style totally)
  • last 30 days aka pufa depletion phase: 2429 kcal, 30 g fats, 441 g carbs, 116 g protein
Fats are too high I think. I am more worried because of fact that I was eating oats a lot and they have (pufa) fat. :crazy:

For the near future:
I will still aim for not being hungry and going low fat but not zero fat. I will have fruits in the morning, and later in the evening something starchy, especially if I will have more intense, active day. Adding 1 tsp of coconut oil...

• Proteins: mainly from cottage, gelatin, lean meat (beef, chicken), shrimps, someday eggs. I will try to incorporate fat free milk (UHT, homogenized)
  • Fats: coconut oil only
  • Sugars: ripe fruit (bananas, kiwi, oranges (whole fruit or juice), cooked apples), honey, ordinary sugar,
  • Starches: (they won't be a staple): white potatoes, rice, corn, oats time to time, home made bread from white flour
  • Vegetables: winter squash, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, onions, broccoli, kale (all cooked)...
  • Others: Coffee, Cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, oregano, thyme...
  • Supplements: Magnesium, Calcium, vit ADEK, Brewers yeast, taurine, progesterone 20 mg daily
Until my next blood panel I won't make any detailed reports..
I feel okay, I wish I would sleep better and had less cold hands, legs...

Ukall

Hey @Ulla , how do you do to measure your BPM while sleeping?
I saw that pictures of yours showing your BPM and it sounded really cool :O

OP
Ulla

Ulla

Hey @Ukall
I have heart rate monitor/ watch. It supposed to be for running but I also use it sometimes during night when sleeping :)

I could do some testing again.. :)

OP
Ulla

Ulla

Ukall remembered me of measuring heart rate during night time while sleeping.
I used my heart rate monitor yesterday before going to bed. I was sleeping fine and I don't remember any waking except at 6.00 am. Everyday I woke up at that time but then I sleep back until 7.am or something.

I think it is pretty clear when adrenaline and cortisol arise.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
Ulla

Ulla

@Ukall

Hey,
yes, it isn't the cheapest one. But I really believe that any other less expensive brand could do the same. Technology is really accessible these days.
And yes, I connect then via usb :)
I used to be a runner and I was using it a lot but now it sits on my desk and with measuring heart rate during night I give it another purpose :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals