Breaking up with LCHF and taking up with Peat

janus

PeatJAM said:
What are gelatinous cuts of meat besides shanks which I do not like....I tent to like brisket and short ribs....do either of those qualify as gelatinous? I slow cook both....what about organic deli turkey? I know peat doesn't like chicken/turkey more than 1x/wk because of pufa but this has zero fat....

Brisket is awesome and has a good amount of connective tissue. Easy to skim the fat after you've cooked it.

Chicken and turkey breast can be very low-fat with a decent mineral profile, and for those reasons I eat them fairly often.

schultz

tara said:
If the meringues get expensive it might be time to bake pavlova . :)

Yes! I love Pavlova. My mom always made it when I was younger. Now I get her to make it for family dinners otherwise she makes some such thing made of almond flour or some weird "paleo" dessert. :roll: I like it with kiwi and papaya on top with whipped cream.

tara

schultz said:
tara said:
If the meringues get expensive it might be time to bake pavlova . :)

Yes! I love Pavlova. My mom always made it when I was younger. Now I get her to make it for family dinners otherwise she makes some such thing made of almond flour or some weird "paleo" dessert. :roll: I like it with kiwi and papaya on top with whipped cream.
Yum.:)

OP
P

PeatJAM

I posted yesterday but for some reason it didn''t post...oh well...

Yesterday and Today's stats: Weight 134.8, 134.2 (hoo hoo downward trend), FBG 100 105 (not bad)...sleep quality seems to be about the same 2:1 ratio of light to deep...hope I can reverse that soon.

Pleased to see my weight is going down a bit....the past 2 days I have had zero starch which may explain it...I find as long as I have enough sugar (meringues) I don't want starch...and if i avoid starch my weight and fbg are better hmmmmm....I also have added glycine and turine supplements as I saw in a previous thread...both help with bg, weight energy and since gelatin doesn't seem to work with me I am taking some of each at each of my 3 big meals....so not sure what is doing it but I'll take it. Now that I have discovered squashes, I don't miss the filler that starch is for me....I try and have spaghetti or acorn squash at lunch and dinner and it definitely makes the meals more satiating. Last night I even had a little haagen daaz...I would have had more but there was only a bit left...DH found my hidden container and must have gone to town on it.

I will have to google Pavlova because I don't know what it is but I'm assuming it is a meringue type dessert....does anyone have a recipe? Fortunately I found a supermarket that carries meringues because Trader Joes is near my office and I won't be back there until August and I NEED my meringues lol. I have tried making my own twice and both time they were gooey mushy messes....I don't like sweet drinks to they fill my sugar needs.

I'm finding this woe very easy and satisfying. I love most of the food and it would be what I would have gravitated toward naturally if I wasn't trying to be "healthy" all of the time doing keto or ZC or paleo etc. I feel really satisfied with my food and am not tempted by other stuff....it also makes it easier to socialize around food...I just offer to bring the fruit and I know that I can find enough to eat and partake in....a far cry from when I was just eating meat.

Peata

Welcome, Peatjam. It's not uncommon to see temporary gain on the scale after starch, at least in my experience. Something that helped lessen that was, of course - raising metabolism. I personally try not to eat "too much" starch for the bloat effect but also there was talk of it affecting blood sugar more negatively than sugars. Also, having weight "bounce up and down" on the scale was always how it worked for me in gain or loss, so that's probably pretty normal too. Daily fluctuations will happen due to water retention, hormones, etc. Sounds like you're coming along nicely.

OP
P

PeatJAM

Morning stats: weight 134.8 (up .6) FG 105 Sleep 2:1 light:deep

Weight jumped up a bit but I know what it is from....I had some balsamic vinegar yesterday on some cut up cucumbers and peppers....I crashed really badly after lunch and took a nap and even when I got up, I was kind of groggy...I know vinegar is not for me, but I like it so much that I thought I'd try it again...epic fail....today even though it was a gym day and I was out all morning, no need for a nap so it was probably a reaction to the vinegar yesterday.

This is week 4 of this gym class (3x/wk weight lifting class)...this is the longest I've sustained exercise in 2 years...pleased about that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals