Kelly's Log: Blood Sugar And PMS And Spleen Pain - OH MY!

OP
KellyP

KellyP

@Kelly, estrogen causes mast cells to go CRAAZY, get allergic to everything (It's actually histamine, which isn't allergy). The tense muscles and sinuses sound like my histamine responses: a tight muscle, so deep in my head / body that massage can't relieve it. Pain and lethargy, drugginess. But yeah you made that connection correctly

So good to hear from someone else! Thank you for your input.

If it's not allergies, then why will those symptoms lead to a sinus infection if left unchecked? The difference between allergies and histamine is confusing to me still.

PakPik

Hey Kelly, kudos to you! I have endured many similar things to the ones you describe, so it's great that you are finally bringing some order there! It's nice to finally get some relief :)
This is a helpful chart centered on histamine's body wide effects for quick references that may help you :)
Note the self amplifying loop with estrogen! Of course this all is sponsored by PUFAs and their derivatives behind the scenes (there's another vicious loop with "neurotransmitters" , could one of those be serotonin?)
Histamine and histamine intolerance
F1.large.jpg

L

lollipop

Hey Kelly, kudos to you! I have endured many similar things to the ones you describe, so it's great that you are finally bringing some order there! It's nice to finally get some relief :)
This is a helpful chart centered on histamine's body wide effects for quick references that may help you :)
Note the self amplifying loop with estrogen! Of course this all is sponsored by PUFAs and their derivatives behind the scenes (there's another vicious loop with "neurotransmitters" , could one of those be serotonin?)
Histamine and histamine intolerance
View attachment 3369
Great chart @PakPik informative...

whodathunkit

It's TRUE! I'm an ogre....leave me out in the sun I get all brown and start sprouting little white hairs.
The real litmus test is what happens when you pass gas in a lake or the ocean. Before turpentine I was *deadly*. :p

tomisonbottom

An update after 6 weeks of LFHS protocol, 2 weeks of turpentine, and 3 weeks of a beach vacay:

So where I'm at now: starting round 2 of my protocol: low fat, high sugar, high protein, high progesterone, low stress, happy life. :) I'm going to try for 6 weeks and take another break. I do hope to lose more than 10 pounds this time, as every time I turn around there's another article linking excess body fat to another ailment. I think I'll feel much better for getting it off!

How much fat are you eating? Are you going by percentage or grams?

Also, can you clarify....you lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks?
Then gained 3? So lost 10?

OP
KellyP

KellyP

It's been a long while, but winter is over and it couldn't have been soon enough. Here's my update.

After getting back last August from beach vacation, I was in much better health than last May. Definitely the best I've had in 9 years since my second was born; maybe longer than that. School started not long after, then work projects, then stressful deadlines, then winter and more winter. By January I was waking up again with those hot flashes, nightmares in early morning, lower energy, had gained another 3 pounds, and my blood sugar was starting to have surges (and drops) again.

In February I decided to try to my protocol again, but just couldn't muster the energy. I spent about a month trying to start, and have been doing it half-heartedly since. I noticed that despite lots and lots of stress right now, I'm still doing fairly well, so I'm glad for the lower fat, higher protein, lots of salt, lots of progesterone (in first two weeks of cycle), distilled water with lemon, and of course lots of fruit and sugar.

I'm going to start taking a thyroid supplement. It seems odd that I'm just now getting around to that. I did try Blue Sky Peptide's T3 last summer but never could be sure of any effect, so am thinking it was a bust and didn't have any potency. I'm still not sure whether to go with NDT, Haidut's T4/T3, or just T3. If anyone has advice on how to discern which is best, I'm all ears.

I've also been wondering if thyroid meds might be needed more and more at a younger age? I read in Peat's "Blocking Tissue Destruction" article that "In a sense, the thyroid hormone is the basic anti-stress hormone, since it is required for the production of the adrenal and pregnancy hormones." If that is so, and if a child has a traumatic or chronically stressful childhood (and one could argue that modern life makes it so for many to most of us), wouldn't their thyroid need support from the get go? I can see that my weight gain and low energy was there since around 4th grade. Curious if there is any information out there on this?

I'm especially curious because my youngest daughter seems obviously hypo to me (lower energy, tested low vitamin-D and low iron, dark circles under eyes, temp around 97.4 in the afternoon), and my oldest has chronic anxiety/aggression and bad allergies. If I was hypo when they were born, surely they inherited some sort of problem as well?

I'll be making a decision on thyroid meds and report back. I'll also be checking up on some of you to hear about your latest as well!

OP
KellyP

KellyP

How much fat are you eating? Are you going by percentage or grams?

Also, can you clarify....you lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks?
Then gained 3? So lost 10?

Oops! I missed this so long ago. But yes, you got it right.

Back
Top Bottom