Peagan Diet (Vegan Peat Inspired Diet Log)

Richiebogie

Some things I've personally noticed included a loss of strength, and a very dull dissociative feeling. Its not the same as when I had actual depersonalization years ago, but it's very light and spacey in comparison. I gained problems with a lack of motivation (Once more) like how I once was on a very high fat diet.

Hi @X3CyO

Are you taking b12 during your peagan phases?

Here is an interesting doco on the dangers of b12 shortages:

B12 is high in chicken liver and mussels!

It makes you wonder what else we only get from animal sources!

OP
X3CyO

X3CyO

Yeah I drank redbull every day.

I definitely feel better on starch compared to sugar.. I'm noticing the exact same issue I used to have popping up when I used sugar exclusively; it's almost like I'm losing my memory and attention span.. making a lot more mistakes.

I'm still relaxed most the time though, and functional as a person, but my cognition compared to before is just crap. Much more lazy too, and I tend to stay more in one area. Stopped working out as often..

I'm gonna do an experiment without sugar for a while and see if there's any difference.

I wonder if this is also to do with coffee and cigarettes. Might drop those for a period of time too perhaps. Will see.

Cirion

Do you know of any vegan protein powders with zero (or close to zero) in tryptophan, cysteine, and methionine? I'm trying to set up a serotonin depletion diet, and the usual whey and casein proteins probably aren't great for it (meats/dairy gonna be problematic for it too).

You mentioned pea protein but is it tryptophan free or close to it?

Richiebogie

Hi @Cirion

It looks like several pea proteins are made from yellow split peas.

The protein from them are low in tryptophan, methionine and cystine, but like most seeds/nuts/grains/legumes arginine > lysine.

This may negatively affect collagen formation and blood vessel repair (see Linus Pauling protocol).

Peas, split, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt Nutrition Facts & Calories

If humans need vitamin b12 then the foods that naturally provide b12 are probably the foods we have evolved to eat. Their fats and proteins are different from seed proteins.