My Journey With Supplements

Melba

I'm hoping some one can shed some light on why I get the negative side effects from supplements and none of the benefits. I recently started a thread about 'lions mane' a mushroom extract supposed to enhance cognitive function, well I tried it and I almost instantly got the most terrible dry mouth/throat I felt like choking.

That was just the latest one, I cannot take vitamin D, it makes me irritable they say to take it with magnesium but the magnesium makes me feel so weak & tired I have to lie down.

Vitamin k2 made me feel like I would die.

Vitamin B complex made me want to go postal.

Curcumin gave me feeling of OCD

Malic acid made me feel insanely aggressive, and the list goes on with every supplement I have ever tried.

Putting this in writing I am seeing a pattern here, they mostly affect my mental health and I don't normally have mental health issues and I'm not on any medication.

What gives?

OP
M

Melba

I forgot to mention Malic acid also gave me short term memory loss, no pun intended

Lolinaa

Hi,
What does go postal mean? I really don't know, at least you have a quick reaction and know how your body reacts with supplements. Maybe you don't need supplements, or try to use them topically when possible.

Tarmander

Most people on this forum eventually settle down into taking just a handful of carefully selected and experimented with supplements. It sounds like you are particularly sensitive to changes in your body's systems. Try taking way way less...or in certain circumstances way way more. Sometimes different dosages give opposing effects. Also, why are you trying all these supplements? Are you trying to get somewhere? I would treat them like drugs...only take a supplement for a specific purpose when starting out.

OP
M

Melba

I tried those supplements for their various health benefits, the vitamin D,magnesium and K2 because I have osteoporosis, interesting thing is I tolerate calcium quite well.
The Malic acid for LPR for which it worked very well but the side effects aren't worth it.

Dosage might be an issue here with some of them though none were high dose.

johnwester130

liver and eggs can replace b supplements

gelatin can replace isolated amino acids

Pregnenolone/progesterone
methylene blue

a/d/k2/ magnesium oil

are all safe as topical liquids

OP
M

Melba

Fillers could be an issue with supplements but I'm noticing an increase in food allergies/intolerance as well,my body is rejecting more and more and my diet is very basic now.

Arnold Grape

Arcane question, but has anybody had experiences with Kuinone and Pansterone? I was feeling good on k2 for about one week with the aforementioned, but then began to experience sides of depression/ agitation with the two of those things mixed. I know Haidut has talked about K2 possibly potentiating other things.

DaveFoster

I'm hoping some one can shed some light on why I get the negative side effects from supplements and none of the benefits. I recently started a thread about 'lions mane' a mushroom extract supposed to enhance cognitive function, well I tried it and I almost instantly got the most terrible dry mouth/throat I felt like choking.

That was just the latest one, I cannot take vitamin D, it makes me irritable they say to take it with magnesium but the magnesium makes me feel so weak & tired I have to lie down.

Vitamin k2 made me feel like I would die.

Vitamin B complex made me want to go postal.

Curcumin gave me feeling of OCD

Malic acid made me feel insanely aggressive, and the list goes on with every supplement I have ever tried.

Putting this in writing I am seeing a pattern here, they mostly affect my mental health and I don't normally have mental health issues and I'm not on any medication.

What gives?
You should be able to tell quickly whether it’s [a B-vitamin is] benefitting you. I just heard from another person, 85, who has used supplements for many years, with hypertension, swollen legs, and typical degenerative diseases, who recently stopped all supplements, and his blood pressure returned to what it was 30 years ago, the other symptoms completely disappeared. It isn’t at all rare for people to have chronic disease cause by supplements.

OP
M

Melba

I just had a thought, the one supplement I tolerate well is a calcium complex which I take for osteoporosis, it has the usual no added artificial anything,dairy or wheat etc
I have no adverse side effects from this that I'm aware of. any thoughts on this supplement?

contents
hydroxyapatite 1000mg equiv elemental calcium 255mg,
elemental phosphorus 120mg,
calcium hydrogen phosphate 474.5mg ,equiv elemental calcium 111.5mg,
sodium borate 8.9mg equiv elemental boron 1.0mg
phytomenadione (vit k) 27 micro,
cholecalciferol (vit D3) 8.3 micro equiv cholecalciferol 333.3iu

Hi,
What does go postal mean? I really don't know, at least you have a quick reaction and know how your body reacts with supplements. Maybe you don't need supplements, or try to use them topically when possible.

Back in the 1980's, a few people where going crazy and shooting people in Post Offices in the US. That's where the phrase 'Going Postal' came from. If someone says 'I am going to go postal', they mean they are going to go crazy.

Arnold Grape

Back in the 1980's, a few people where going crazy and shooting people in Post Offices in the US. That's where the phrase 'Going Postal' came from. If someone says 'I am going to go postal', they mean they are going to go crazy.
Does that mean that Postal Employees, second to NYS tollbooth workers, face more on the job 'learned helplessness' than in any other profession?

Constatine

Are you very thin? I've noticed a trend where thin people don't handle supplements all to well while others can take plenty of supplements just fine.

OP
M

Melba

No, not thin not fat either but I should lose a few pounds

Maybe it's just my metabolism

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals