Horrible bounding pulse only helped by taking ibuprofen

P

Peatness

Sounds like a thiamine deficiency

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
E

Electrisio

So what makes it worse for us ITT, so far: "Vitamin D, magnesium citrate, ashwagandha, creatine, any NO vasodilator", progesterone, testosterone, exercise, caffeine, alcohol, carbohydrates, staying up too late. Also one more addition that makes it worse for me personally is HEAT. The bounding gets worse if I get too hot from a meal or from being in the sun for too long. What do these have in common?
Spent a hell of a lot of time thinking about this, I believe vasodilation could be one reason why. I know TRT is vasodilatory, as is being hot from meal or in the sun etc causes vasodilation. This is how I understand it (could be wrong); the wider your blood vessels get from vasodilation the harder your heart needs to pump to compensate. Then the force of the pulse will increase.

In regards to supplements, I don't really understand why this is happening. As well as palpitations/bounding pulse issues, I seem to hyper respond to many supplements.

Another avenue I'm exploring, just in case, is hiatal hernia. Many people on forums discussing this pulse issue mention having a hiatal hernia. Could be a coincidence, but supposedly hernia can impact functions of the heart and lungs.

OP
E

Electrisio

Sounds like a thiamine deficiency

Got tested but I got normal levels. I wish I had a deficiency causing the symptoms, would be easy to address.

OP
E

Electrisio

Have you been screened for ehlers danlos?
So I have just looked at the symptoms and noticed stretchy/thin skin and flexibility. I am both very flexible and have very stretchy skin. I will attach a couple of photos, is my skin stretchiness normal?

Attachments

• WIN_20220612_20_16_18_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220612_20_16_18_Pro.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 26
  • WIN_20220612_20_20_03_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220612_20_20_03_Pro.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 25
P

Peatness

So I have just looked at the symptoms and noticed stretchy/thin skin and flexibility. I am both very flexible and have very stretchy skin. I will attach a couple of photos, is my skin stretchiness normal?
Yes, that's very stretchy - could be some form of ehlers danlos. Look into the condition POTS.

OP
E

Electrisio

Yes, that's very stretchy - could be some form of ehlers danlos. Look into the condition POTS.
What made you suggest this based on what we've discussed so far? I haven't seen much on bounding pulse with this condition.

Vanset

What made you suggest this based on what we've discussed so far? I haven't seen much on bounding pulse with this condition.
Have you ever tried anti-anxiety medication? Something stronger than magnesium or ashwagandha. Prescription meds?

OP
E

Electrisio

Have you ever tried anti-anxiety medication? Something stronger than magnesium or ashwagandha. Prescription meds?
Been on Zoloft, which actually made it worse. I was thinking about asking for a course of valium, or something like that, just to see if that can get rid of it.

P

Peatness

I have this and my pulse is also very visible in the neck. No one can explain why this is happening. I have elhers danlos. Please don't go medicating yourself, this has nothing to do with anxiety but low blood sugar can make it worse. POTS is a common feature of ED and I've seen it discussed in connection with bounding pulse

Vanset

I have this and my pulse is also very visible in the neck. No one can explain why this is happening. I have elhers danlos. Please don't go medicating yourself, this has nothing to do with anxiety but low blood sugar can make it worse. POTS is a common feature of ED and I've seen it discussed in connection with bounding pulse
I wouldn't be so sure that it's not anxiety. I don't have Ehlers-Danlos, but you do and it seems like OP might have it as well, so in your cases this might hold true, but for me the same exact bounding pulse/POTS symptoms started after severe stress and I have talked to people on reddit who have been relieved from this by anti anxiety meds so I'm not sure.

P

Peatness

I wouldn't be so sure that it's not anxiety. I don't have Ehlers-Danlos, but you do and it seems like OP might have it as well, so in your cases this might hold true, but for me the same exact bounding pulse/POTS symptoms started after severe stress and I have talked to people on reddit who have been relieved from this by anti anxiety meds so I'm not sure.
I guess we are all different

redsun

Any drug working through inhibitory neurotransmitters will reduce this. This is why anxiety meds work. So GABA agonists and/or increasing cholinergic activity. Acetylcholine is generally considered excitatory in the brain but it is inhibitory in the heart.

Hypermnesia

What is your diet like? I had similar symptoms from doing a ZC carnivore diet and only having access to conventional beef. I had a zinc overload and copper deficiency and it is very easy for men to become copper deficient in a lower estrogen state. If you are not eating enough vegetables and liver you are likely not getting enough copper in your diet. Zinc deficiency will also cause same issue which can be very deadly.

Vanset

Any drug working through inhibitory neurotransmitters will reduce this. This is why anxiety meds work. So GABA agonists and/or increasing cholinergic activity. Acetylcholine is generally considered excitatory in the brain but it is inhibitory in the heart.
Now that you mention this a slight reduction of my symptoms might have coincided with a dietary change which includes having 6 eggs, a liter of low fat goat milk and 300 grams of lean beef daily. This is a lot of choline. I used to eat a low fat starch based and it worked for me well until stress ****88 me up, but now this dietary change seems to have done something at least.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals