Apple Cider Vinegar And It's Dramatic Effect

Melba

Apple cider vinegar has had a surprisingly dramatic effect on me, I had for months been taking a teaspoon of ACV with my main meal as a digestive aid and it did make me feel more comfortable also helped with reflux.

I recently had my annual blood work check up and to my surprise my cholesterol dropped from 7.3 to 6.3 which was good news since I was border line high, but my vitamin D level also dropped from 70 to 53 which puts me in the deficient range. I know there is a connection between cholesterol and the conversion of vitamin D.

Here's my problem how can I lower the former and raise the latter.? I have tried vitamin D3 supplements but cannot tolerate it as it makes me very irritable even when taken with magnesium/zinc/ fat and main meal .

LUH 3417

Apple cider vinegar has had a surprisingly dramatic effect on me, I had for months been taking a teaspoon of ACV with my main meal as a digestive aid and it did make me feel more comfortable also helped with reflux.

I recently had my annual blood work check up and to my surprise my cholesterol dropped from 7.3 to 6.3 which was good news since I was border line high, but my vitamin D level also dropped from 70 to 53 which puts me in the deficient range. I know there is a connection between cholesterol and the conversion of vitamin D.

Here's my problem how can I lower the former and raise the latter.? I have tried vitamin D3 supplements but cannot tolerate it as it makes me very irritable even when taken with magnesium/zinc/ fat and main meal .
Have you tried the supplement topically? I once emailed ray about this and he said he prefers to apply vitamins d topically to avoid allergens in the digestive tract.

LUH 3417

Here’s what he wrote in the email:
Many kinds of oral supplement can cause allergy symptoms such as wheezing and coughing and headaches, so I use vitamin D and vitamin K on my skin in their oily solvent. The dose has to be about ten times higher, and rubbed in well.

OP
M

Melba

I did try applying vitamin D topically with magnesium oil but it still had the same effect on me , I can't tolerate vitamin K either .

I am desperate to get my vitamin D up as I have osteoporosis so as an experiment I am going to try vitamin D2

TreasureVibe

Maybe plant-based only vitamin D3 will help?

D perfect | Targetage

D Perfect contains only plant-based Vitamin D, extracted from the vegetable source lichen. Vitamin D is necessary to maintain bone mass, modulate cell growth, and optimize neuromuscular and immune functions.

Btw, what's in a name; cholecalciferol = vitamin D3. Looks almost the same as cholesterol, so their might be a connection between the two, yeah.

OP
M

Melba

I have been taking vitamin D3 that was derived from lanolin, this might be my problem with absorption as it never increased my vit D but I thought it might be doing some good since my levels were stable until now.

Vitamin D2 is derived from plant sources I think and the D3 you recommended is derived from plant Lichen.

I am going to try them both and get back to you as I think this could be important for others who might be having same problems with vitamin D3

Thank you so much for your help

TreasureVibe

I recall vitamin D2 being harmful, so I would try the Lichen derived vitamin D3 first! Good luck.

raypeatclips

Try a uvb lamp and shine it on your body if you struggle to tolerate D supplements even topically. Use protective goggles and go slow with it at first you don't want to burn.

managing

I believe your poor reaction to D may be because you are not administering A and K along with it.

OP
M

Melba

I received vitamin D2 and am taking it while I wait for my vegan D3 to arrive , I feel fine taking the D2 but whether it's doing any good or harm is anyone's guess.

I ordered the D3 (derived from lichen) from a website called 'RealDose nutrition' that had an Australian website even with an Australian flag, because I thought being local I would get it quicker but it turns out to be American and am still awaiting for it's arrival......which is rather deceitful of them and am now doubting the quality of their vegan D3, if they lie about their location then they probably would lie about their product.

I haven't taken vitamin A because of bad reviews of it's toxicity etc etc and have in the past had bad reaction to vitamin k but always took the vit D3 with a meal.

My next investment might be a uvb lamp .

aguilaroja

I did try applying vitamin D topically with magnesium oil but it still had the same effect on me , I can't tolerate vitamin K either...

Magnesium “oil” is generally a liquid solution with magnesium in it. It is not an oil for readily absorbing fat-soluble vitamins, like vitamin D.

My experience is that many of the vitamin D liquid products with medium chain triglycerides (MCT) are quickly taken up through the skin. I only see a few of those products listed on Australian merchant sites, though similar products are available in many countries. Alternatively, an oil-based vitamin D preparation, including oil squeezed out of a gel-cap, combined with coconut oil to the skin is also taken up quickly. Higher D3 absorption would be expected from these skin delivery methods.

DDK

I did try applying vitamin D topically with magnesium oil but it still had the same effect on me , I can't tolerate vitamin K either .

I am desperate to get my vitamin D up as I have osteoporosis so as an experiment I am going to try vitamin D2

Why are you trying any vitamin D? You said your levels are between 50-70, I don't know what your reference ranges on the labs are, but this seems like more than enough vitamin D.

aguilaroja

... You said your levels are between 50-70, I don't know what your reference ranges on the labs are, but this seems like more than enough vitamin D.

One response by @Melba suggests a location in Australia. AFAIK the lab reference there are generally in nmol/L. The level of 53 nmol/L for Vitamin D 25(OH)D would approximate to 21 ng/ml in the other common units.

I wish here to avoid re-debates about utility and indications for supplementing vitamin D. Readers can search the forum for discussions. It is several weeks after the winter solstice in Australia, a low sunlight time of year. @Melba has bone health concerns, and by many reference standards is near the lower end of serum Vitamin D 25(OH)D range. Compared with pharmaceutical agents for bone, boosting vitamin D is accessible, has added potential benefits, and is reversible by stopping added intake.

I am not advocating this test kit or every finding on this site, but reference range charts are found at this link:
Vitamin D Test Kit | DIY At-Home Vitamin D Testing

OP
M

Melba

Magnesium “oil” is generally a liquid solution with magnesium in it. It is not an oil for readily absorbing fat-soluble vitamins, like vitamin D.

My experience is that many of the vitamin D liquid products with medium chain triglycerides (MCT) are quickly taken up through the skin. I only see a few of those products listed on Australian merchant sites, though similar products are available in many countries. Alternatively, an oil-based vitamin D preparation, including oil squeezed out of a gel-cap, combined with coconut oil to the skin is also taken up quickly. Higher D3 absorption would be expected from these skin delivery methods.

I suspect my problem with Vitamin D might be fat malabsorption, if applied to the skin with coconut oil it would be bypassing the stomach there fore better absorped ?

aguilaroja

I suspect my problem with Vitamin D might be fat malabsorption, if applied to the skin with coconut oil it would be bypassing the stomach there fore better absorped ?

Yes, sometimes topical absorption of vitamins is more effective. It is not necessarily that the percentage circulating is higher for an equal quantity applied topically, but things avoid an irritated digestion or other reactions, as @pinacolada noted.

OP
M

Melba

Update: I purchased vegan vitamin D3 2,500IU derived from lichen and am not having any problems with it and my symptoms of minor hair loss,bone & muscle pain have disappeared won't know how it's raising my D3 levels until testing in a few months time but it is obviously working for me.

many thanks for your help, I didn't know about vegan D3 before

Last edited:

Sharbysyd

Update: I purchased vegan vitamin D3 2,500IU derived from lichen and am not having any problems with it and my symptoms of minor hair loss,bone & muscle pain have disappeared won't know how it's raising my D3 levels until testing in a few months time but it is obviously working for me.

many thanks for your help, I didn't know about vegan D3 before

Melba, if you see this, did you ever find out how it affected your D3 levels?

OP
M

Melba

I did have D3 tested after taking vegan D3 and it made no difference to my levels , so I am back on D3 derived from lanolin at double dose applied topically with coconut oil and also orally, am not using ACV anymore as I think it might have had something to do with lowering cholesterol (fat) and fat soluble vitamin D, but I'm guessing here.
The doc doesn't want to do any further testing until the end of winter , we are just entering winter here in Australia so will be a few months but will keep you updated.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Effect of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) “With Mother” on Progesterone, Testosterone and Estrogen of Wistar Rats

After oral administration of the product, the results revealed significant reductions in a time dependent manner with the highest reductions obtained on the last week of experiment. The result obtained for estrogen showed significant reduction (p<0.05) in week one with test value (7.74±0.19 mlU/ml) as compared to control (8.36±0.01 mlU/ml).For progesterone, there was an increase (p<0.05). The highest test value was obtained in week 3, (3.64±0.08 mlU/ml) as compared to control value (3.15±0.01 mlU/ml). However, there was also a reduction in testosterone level.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals