My experience so far with apagard premio nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste

blue_lotus

ever since I got an explosion of new cavities (most of them thankfully minor) after using fluoride free toothpaste (I got more cavities after using tom's fluoride free toothpaste) I decided to go back to using fluoridated toothpaste; however for the past month or so I decided to try the apagard premio toothpaste instead in the hopes that it would accelerate the healing of my cavities. my experiences with it so far (been using it for about 25 days) is that sensitivity on some of my teeth has decreased (but not disappeared), but on other gumline cavities there doesnt seem to be any progress at all.

for the one particular gumline cavity that hasnt improved at all, I theorize that it might be because the cavity is slightly below the gum tissue itself; so when im brushing that area I dont think the toothpaste is actually reaching the area at all, so ive resolved to start brushing the gumline area itself more vigorously.

I do have another, larger, more obvious gumline cavity that does seem to be slowly healing up, but I cant tell for sure yet. either way, I will keep everyone updated

for anyone thats used the apagard toothpaste before, do you have a timeline for when you started seeing healing of cavities and stuff? its kind of demoralizing to be using this stuff for almost a month but only seeing sort of ambiguous results

EvanHinkle

I tried it and my results were similar. I didn’t see any improvement in my teeth or gum health. I wasn’t trying to “cure” anything per say, but everything is about the same in my mouth since I started. I’m nearly done with the tube, and I probably won’t but it again.

ever since I got an explosion of new cavities (most of them thankfully minor) after using fluoride free toothpaste (I got more cavities after using tom's fluoride free toothpaste) I decided to go back to using fluoridated toothpaste; however for the past month or so I decided to try the apagard premio toothpaste instead in the hopes that it would accelerate the healing of my cavities. my experiences with it so far (been using it for about 25 days) is that sensitivity on some of my teeth has decreased (but not disappeared), but on other gumline cavities there doesnt seem to be any progress at all.

for the one particular gumline cavity that hasnt improved at all, I theorize that it might be because the cavity is slightly below the gum tissue itself; so when im brushing that area I dont think the toothpaste is actually reaching the area at all, so ive resolved to start brushing the gumline area itself more vigorously.

I do have another, larger, more obvious gumline cavity that does seem to be slowly healing up, but I cant tell for sure yet. either way, I will keep everyone updated

for anyone thats used the apagard toothpaste before, do you have a timeline for when you started seeing healing of cavities and stuff? its kind of demoralizing to be using this stuff for almost a month but only seeing sort of ambiguous results
I cant speak for that toothpaste at all but one toothpaste that I have tried is North American herb and Spice and I know for a fact it has reduced the inflammation in my gums although I'm not sure about the cavities part but definitely less inflammation and bleeding the only problem with that toothpaste is it is very expensive

natsubate

I used Apagard for 2 years and it was amazing, zero cavities and my teeth looked smooth and brilliant, I’m not using right now because I’m on a budget, but it’s my favorite ❤️ ps: they have concentrated capsules for seven days, but it’s a little hard to find outside Japan, I guess…

golder

I used Apagard for 2 years and it was amazing, zero cavities and my teeth looked smooth and brilliant, I’m not using right now because I’m on a budget, but it’s my favorite ❤️ ps: they have concentrated capsules for seven days, but it’s a little hard to find outside Japan, I guess…
Concentrated capsules? What are these? Oral dosage? I always thought the whole point was topical application to the teeth?

mostlylurking

I haven't used the apagard toothpaste. I've been using Squigle Tooth Builder toothpaste for several years. Seems to help as my teeth are no longer super sensitive. After refusing to treat my teeth for super sensitivity, my environmental dentist suggested that I not rinse my mouth out after brushing with this stuff and sleep with it coating my teeth. I tried that maybe once or twice, but I don't know if that's really necessary.

Recently I found this article that you may find of interest:

also this one: How to Avoid Toxins in Your Toothpaste: 12 Ingredients to Ditch Now

I've recently started using this product: PRO-Dental: Dental Probiotics For Oral Support

I've only been using the mouth probiotic for about 10 days so I can't say for sure it is doing much of anything. But I did go to the dentist yesterday and was told my mouth is in great shape and to keep doing what I'm doing.

natsubate

Concentrated capsules? What are these? Oral dosage? I always thought the whole point was topical application to the teeth?
It’s the type of packaging they call capsules, but it’s topical application. I was searching for it at Apagard’s website but maybe it’s discontinued…there’s a lotion but I don’t know if it’s the same exactly product.

There’s also a Royal line, and one type that doesn’t foam, for kids, etc. I’m a fan of this brand! I always used Apagard Premio Extra Mint

Attachments

• 1AA17735-C761-438B-948D-F16A759F1E9E.png
    1AA17735-C761-438B-948D-F16A759F1E9E.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 23
I haven't used the apagard toothpaste. I've been using Squigle Tooth Builder toothpaste for several years. Seems to help as my teeth are no longer super sensitive. After refusing to treat my teeth for super sensitivity, my environmental dentist suggested that I not rinse my mouth out after brushing with this stuff and sleep with it coating my teeth. I tried that maybe once or twice, but I don't know if that's really necessary.

Recently I found this article that you may find of interest:

also this one: How to Avoid Toxins in Your Toothpaste: 12 Ingredients to Ditch Now

I've recently started using this product: PRO-Dental: Dental Probiotics For Oral Support

I've only been using the mouth probiotic for about 10 days so I can't say for sure it is doing much of anything. But I did go to the dentist yesterday and was told my mouth is in great shape and to keep doing what I'm doing.
Squigle has glycerin. Isn't glycerin bad?

I wonder if you are getting enough calcium? I have noticed that when I was breastfeeding (obviously losing a lot of calcium), I got the most cavities in my life, whereas I never had a single one before my first kid. Also, since I started supplementing calcium many years later my most recent tooth pains have started feeling much better.

bornamachine

We've been using spry for 7 years now with no issues with 3 children as well. We've used both kinds but usually get the non fluoride.

My wife swears by uncle Harry's toothpaste healing properties

We use in conjunction with spry sometimes.

Nothing to share on my side from the toothpaste angle, but have you tried Vitamin K2 Mk4? Some people experienced benefits with it regarding their teeth.

mostlylurking

Squigle has glycerin. Isn't glycerin bad?
I don't think so. But what do I know. They use it in many personal care things from soap for sensitive skin to suppositories for constipation.

Here's some articles about it on pubmed:

OP
blue_lotus

blue_lotus

Hi guys, just wanted to leave an update. I didn't experience any benefit in healing small cavities using apagard premio toothpaste.

I wonder if you are getting enough calcium? I have noticed that when I was breastfeeding (obviously losing a lot of calcium), I got the most cavities in my life, whereas I never had a single one before my first kid. Also, since I started supplementing calcium many years later my most recent tooth pains have started feeling much better.
thanks, im going to look into this more. I have a tub of eggshell calcium that has just been sitting around my room; I might as well give it a shot

Jamsey

Hi guys, just wanted to leave an update. I didn't experience any benefit in healing small cavities using apagard premio toothpaste.

thanks, im going to look into this more. I have a tub of eggshell calcium that has just been sitting around my room; I might as well give it a shot
I wanted to add that I also experienced dental benefits from eggshell. I was experiencing tooth sensitivity a few years ago and supplementing egg shell 2-3 times daily(~650 mg elemental calcium per dose) was essential in getting rid of it. I’m currently experimenting with eggshell and k2 to try and get rid of a small cavity I’ve had for a little while. It’s only been a few days, but I’ll give a verdict once a few weeks or months in.

I’m using an hydroxy apatite tooth powder and it dramatically reduced my hot-cold sensitivity. I used to have pain eating ice cream but it is completely gone. Nothing else has ever worked.

OP
blue_lotus

blue_lotus

I’m using an hydroxy apatite tooth powder and it dramatically reduced my hot-cold sensitivity. I used to have pain eating ice cream but it is completely gone. Nothing else has ever worked.
maybe I might have better luck using the hydroxy apatite tooth powder hmmm, what brand do you use?

I wanted to add that I also experienced dental benefits from eggshell. I was experiencing tooth sensitivity a few years ago and supplementing egg shell 2-3 times daily(~650 mg elemental calcium per dose) was essential in getting rid of it. I’m currently experimenting with eggshell and k2 to try and get rid of a small cavity I’ve had for a little while. It’s only been a few days, but I’ll give a verdict once a few weeks or months in.
im looking forward to hearing your results. how long did it take for the tooth sensitivity to go away the last time you supplemented egg shell?

Jamsey

maybe I might have better luck using the hydroxy apatite tooth powder hmmm, what brand do you use?

im looking forward to hearing your results. how long did it take for the tooth sensitivity to go away the last time you supplemented egg shell?
Somewhere around a months time. I think it’s important to mention that I had taken excess amounts of fat soluble vitamins(a,d,k) before without results in terms of tooth sensitivity. But these vitamins might have saturated my tissues and allowed for the quicker results I experienced from the calcium.

Mossy

I've been dipping my toothbrush into hydroxyapatite as well and I feel it's one of the most effective ingredients for the surface of teeth that I've used. My teeth feel smoother and cleaner, and seem to be getting less transparent; but I'll need more time to tell on the transparency. Definitely less sensitivity,

The one area I feel no improvement on with hydroxyapatite his gum line. I will be trying other things for that—C0Q10 and clove oil for starters; and then I have a list of a lot more: K2, D3, MSM, arginine, and glycine.

I was using Now brand capsules and opening them up, but in an effort to avoid magnesium stearate and phosphorus I've ordered just the hydroxyapatite powder from OraWellness (not the mixed tooth powder with other ingredients). I've since considered that maybe the phosphorus is naturally occurring in the calcium, but that is just a guess.

I've been dipping my toothbrush into hydroxyapatite as well and I feel it's one of the most effective ingredients for the surface of teeth that I've used. My teeth feel smoother and cleaner, and seem to be getting less transparent; but I'll need more time to tell on the transparency. Definitely less sensitivity,

The one area I feel no improvement on with hydroxyapatite his gum line. I will be trying other things for that—C0Q10 and clove oil for starters; and then I have a list of a lot more: K2, D3, MSM, arginine, and glycine.

I was using Now brand capsules and opening them up, but in an effort to avoid magnesium stearate and phosphorus I've ordered just the hydroxyapatite powder from OraWellness (not the mixed tooth powder with other ingredients). I've since considered that maybe the phosphorus is naturally occurring in the calcium, but that is just a guess.

best thing I've done is use a bent needle dull syringe and inject diluted hydrogen peroxide and saline into the pockets. Works great to reduce pocket infection and then things improve.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals