My "Toothpaste" Recommendation

TheHound

I read the stuff on this page about a month ago: Fix Your Teeth, Dr. Gerard Judd

Judd says regular toothpaste all contain a synthetic glycerin (different from vegetable glycerin in bar soap) which requires 20 washes (not rinses) to remove, and this synthetic glycerin coats the teeth not allowing them to properly remineralize. He recommends brushing with bar soap instead. He also says fluoride destroys the enamel. I really recommend reading that site.

Ever since then I stopped using regular toothpaste and have switched to a tooth bar instead. I have also have rinsed my mouth out lots after eating and drinking.

I discovered the Opa Toothbar which I HIGHLY recommend. I use the turmeric tooth bar which has a nice lemon smell and taste. Turmeric has been shown to be a good whitener too. This toothbar (and stopping regular toothpaste) really seems to have made a difference in my teeth, they feel so much more clean and bright

also highly recommended toothbrush: Dr. Collins perio toothbrush

Just sharing!

Last edited:

Brian

Turmeric, Natural Tooth Soap Bar in a Jar

Ingredients
Lots of love, saponified organic coconut oil, saponified organic sustainable palm oil, vegetable glycerin, filtered water, sorbitol (humectant derived from berries), sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), gluten-free oat protein, organic jojoba oil, castor oil, organic olive oil, organic sunflower oil, grapeseed, organic aloe vera, aluminum-free baking soda, non-gmo xylitol, organic turmeric, organic and wild-harvested essential oils

I do something similar. I use plain liquid coconut oil soap with a drop of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil. Sometimes also add a little baking soda, Magnesium hyrdoxide, or Magnesium Choride. I don't really brush my teeth, just my tongue and very lightly on my gums with a very soft bristle toothbrush and usually nightly flossing. This keeps my teeth squeaky clean with no plaque and my mouth feeling more alkaline between meals and through the night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenacity

I've recently experimented with brushing without any toothpaste at all and can say I prefer it.

tankasnowgod

I read the stuff on this page about a month ago: Fix Your Teeth, Dr. Gerard Judd

Judd says regular toothpaste all contain a synthetic glycerin (different from vegetable glycerin in bar soap) which requires 20 washes (not rinses) to remove, and this synthetic glycerin coats the teeth not allowing them to properly remineralize. He recommends brushing with bar soap instead. He also says fluoride destroys the enamel. I really recommend reading that site.

Did you find that any of your teeth remineralized? That Opa stuff looks like it might be worth a try.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Did you find that any of your teeth remineralized? That Opa stuff looks like it might be worth a try.

I dont exactly know what remineralization looks or feels like, but my teeth look and seem better now

jyb

I've recently experimented with brushing without any toothpaste at all and can say I prefer it.

Agreed. After a few years without toothpaste I took it to the next level (brushing only a couple times per week).

oh I forgot to mention that and it's super important! I'll update the OP. I'm using Dr. Collins perio toothbrush. it's the softest one I've used

What is the difference with the many commercial brand 0.01 fine bristle toothbrush?

kaybb

Ever since then I stopped using regular toothpaste and have switched to a tooth bar instead. I have also have rinsed my mouth out lots after eating and drinking.

I discovered the Opa Toothbar which I HIGHLY recommend. I use the turmeric tooth bar which has a nice lemon smell and taste. Turmeric has been shown to be a good whitener too. This toothbar (and stopping regular toothpaste) really seems to have made a difference in my teeth, they feel so much more clean and bright

also highly recommended toothbrush: Dr. Collins perio toothbrush

Just sharing!
What kind of dental health have you had in the past?
I hope you keep us posted on any cavities/no cavities

kaybb

Turmeric, Natural Tooth Soap Bar in a Jar

Ingredients
Lots of love, saponified organic coconut oil, saponified organic sustainable palm oil, vegetable glycerin, filtered water, sorbitol (humectant derived from berries), sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), gluten-free oat protein, organic jojoba oil, castor oil, organic olive oil, organic sunflower oil, grapeseed, organic aloe vera, aluminum-free baking soda, non-gmo xylitol, organic turmeric, organic and wild-harvested essential oils

I do something similar. I use plain liquid coconut oil soap with a drop of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil. Sometimes also add a little baking soda, Magnesium hyrdoxide, or Magnesium Choride. I don't really brush my teeth, just my tongue and very lightly on my gums with a very soft bristle toothbrush and usually nightly flossing. This keeps my teeth squeaky clean with no plaque and my mouth feeling more alkaline between meals and through the night.
Have you had good teeth throughout your life ? And have you been doing this toothpaste-not toothpaste long ?

Brian

Have you had good teeth throughout your life ? And have you been doing this toothpaste-not toothpaste long ?

I've never had a cavity on my adult teeth, but I had some enamel erosion, coated tongue plaque build up and gum infection from having poor metabolism for several years. The plaque, tongue coating, and gum irritation seems to be gone now. Getting a balance of fat solubles and then optimizing calcium, magnesium and zinc metabolism is what I would attribute most to my increase in oral health. My tongue brush mixture I use now is more of a safety measure and extra protection from the starch I eat from forming oral biofilms. I just brush my tongue and sometimes the gum line very lightly and swish it around for a while .

OP
TheHound

TheHound

What kind of dental health have you had in the past?
I hope you keep us posted on any cavities/no cavities

I've always had pretty good teeth. I think I only have two very small cavities from when I wore braces for a short period of time quite a few years ago to correct a bit of small spacing in my upper teeth. the cavities developed under the bracket so there was nothing I could really do about them

peating has made my teeth better I think. but if what Dr Judd said about regular toothpaste preventing remineralization is true, I guess stopping toothpaste + peat diet will result in amazing teeth from all the calcium and minerals and stuff

kaybb

I've always had pretty good teeth. I think I only have two very small cavities from when I wore braces for a short period of time quite a few years ago to correct a bit of small spacing in my upper teeth. the cavities developed under the bracket so there was nothing I could really do about them

peating has made my teeth better I think. but if what Dr Judd said about regular toothpaste preventing remineralization is true, I guess stopping toothpaste + peat diet will result in amazing teeth from all the calcium and minerals and stuff
Very interesting! I have had so many dental problems/root canals/cavities, etc, that I am always looking for ways to improve dental health. (Always brushed teeth faithfully)

kaybb

I've never had a cavity on my adult teeth, but I had some enamel erosion, coated tongue plaque build up and gum infection from having poor metabolism for several years. The plaque, tongue coating, and gum irritation seems to be gone now. Getting a balance of fat solubles and then optimizing calcium, magnesium and zinc metabolism is what I would attribute most to my increase in oral health. My tongue brush mixture I use now is more of a safety measure and extra protection from the starch I eat from forming oral biofilms. I just brush my tongue and sometimes the gum line very lightly and swish it around for a while .
Wow! This is Intereting ...thanks for the info

Beehelp

And what do you think about toothpaste for little children? Do they need it???

Back
Top Bottom