I got more cavities after using tom's fluoride free toothpaste

Why are you using fennel oil? What does it do for teeth?
It’s a purported antibacterial/antifungal agent. I’ve got a severe candida infection so I’m using it to break down the biofilms in my mouth.

milk_lover

Nope. I just dip my toothbrush in baking soda and brush lightly. I don’t rinse or spit it out. so it stays on my teeth and gums for awhile to fully neutralize any acid on my teeth.
Interesting thanks for sharing. I will try it this week and see how I feel.

OliviaD

im just making this post to share my own experience with going no-fluoride for teeth. ive been using tom's fluoride free toothpaste for about a year now and during that time period ive gotten like three new cavities (gumline ones). I very very seldom got cavities before; this only started happening after switching toothpastes. in all honesty correlation is not causation, but this is the most major change I can think of making over the past year or so. im switching back to regular fluoridated toothpaste and hoping my existing cavities (thankfully minor ones) will remineralize...
Makes sense.. so sorry to hear. I believe that brand (as pointed out by another reply) contains glycerin. Sadly, most 'natural' commercially made toothpastes do. Glycerin is thought to decrease saliva function (and possibly has other negative effects). Your saliva is you BEST anti-cavity potion ever.

Another huge scam that has been perpetrated on the public using "natural", so people assume it is better or safe. I believe even Dr. Peat wasn't too concerned about topical flouride. You don't want to be ingesting it, i.e. in your water. You might not need to go back to fluoride, but I think if you want a 'natural' product, make your own, there are some good recipes on this site. And no glycerin!

RealNeat

Hydroxyapatite makes fluoride entirely obsolete. I use the non nano version from shine. If you fear the potential lead contamination of powders use it periodically and the rest of the time use fluoride. Better than 100% fluoride

OP
blue_lotus

blue_lotus

Hydroxyapatite makes fluoride entirely obsolete. I use the non nano version from shine. If you fear the potential lead contamination of powders use it periodically and the rest of the time use fluoride. Better than 100% fluoride
did you experience any positive effects from it? I just finished using my second tube of premio-apagard and I have almost no positive effects to report.

RealNeat

did you experience any positive effects from it? I just finished using my second tube of premio-apagard and I have almost no positive effects to report.
It's complex because there are so many brands with varying amounts of HA and unfavorable additive ingredients. I'd certainly avoid glycerin, I use a powered form with a few natural additives.

In your circumstance, you may want to try a fluoride ion toothpaste and see if you experience a positive effect from that. Keep as many variables the same as you can so that you have an accurate comparison.

If the fluoride doesn't work for you either the. I'd look at other causes of whatever issue you are experiencing. Which is?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals