My experience so far with apagard premio nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste

Mossy

best thing I've done is use a bent needle dull syringe and inject diluted hydrogen peroxide and saline into the pockets. Works great to reduce pocket infection and then things improve.
Interesting. Thank you. I do have some plastic syringes with bent tips.

RealNeat

@Mossy and @blue_lotus i think for gumline issues you want to use calcium chips or pads from the Calcium Therapy Institute, they just sit there by your gumline and trickle in minerals.

Also chewing mastic gum with fresh ginger in problem areas can jam it into the crevices and gumline. If you are experiencing dry mouth and mouth breathe especially at nights, your progress will be very slow.

RealNeat

ever since I got an explosion of new cavities (most of them thankfully minor) after using fluoride free toothpaste (I got more cavities after using tom's fluoride free toothpaste) I decided to go back to using fluoridated toothpaste; however for the past month or so I decided to try the apagard premio toothpaste instead in the hopes that it would accelerate the healing of my cavities. my experiences with it so far (been using it for about 25 days) is that sensitivity on some of my teeth has decreased (but not disappeared), but on other gumline cavities there doesnt seem to be any progress at all.

for the one particular gumline cavity that hasnt improved at all, I theorize that it might be because the cavity is slightly below the gum tissue itself; so when im brushing that area I dont think the toothpaste is actually reaching the area at all, so ive resolved to start brushing the gumline area itself more vigorously.

I do have another, larger, more obvious gumline cavity that does seem to be slowly healing up, but I cant tell for sure yet. either way, I will keep everyone updated

for anyone thats used the apagard toothpaste before, do you have a timeline for when you started seeing healing of cavities and stuff? its kind of demoralizing to be using this stuff for almost a month but only seeing sort of ambiguous results
Fluoride makes the teeth more acid resistant than HA but it's toxic. So you probably got used to eating a fairly acidic diet and when you stopped fluoride but didn't change your diet your teeth gave in to the acid burden. Just have to make sure diet is mineral rich and that you are conscious of what you are putting in your mouth. Most juices and sodas are destructive.

Cow

@Mossy I am going to order some of that powder from Oralwellness, as I have been looking for something unflavored. Do you use their brushes as well?

RealNeat

@Mossy I am going to order some of that powder from Oralwellness, as I have been looking for something unflavored. Do you use their brushes as well?
Just an FYI their lead levels are kind of high, I would be cautious not to swallow.

Cow

Thanks @RealNeat , do you know of something better that is unflavored? (I probably already get too much lead from my dark chocolate! 😬) I currently use little tablets with hydroxyapatite in them, but they are mint and it wakes me up when I am trying to go to bed! I don't swallow it, but I spit and leave whats left sitting on my teeth.

Mossy

@Mossy and @blue_lotus i think for gumline issues you want to use calcium chips or pads from the Calcium Therapy Institute, they just sit there by your gumline and trickle in minerals.

Also chewing mastic gum with fresh ginger in problem areas can jam it into the crevices and gumline. If you are experiencing dry mouth and mouth breathe especially at nights, your progress will be very slow.
I wonder if letting the HA sit on the gums could help. I do see on another post you note the high lead content in Orawellness' HA; I wonder if the benefits of the HA could outweigh the lead content.

P.S. I think the dry mouth when sleeping is a key point. I do have salt water next to me when I sleep, which helps, but the dryness is still doing damage I feel. I'll work on the dryness issue.

Last edited:

Mossy

Also chewing mastic gum with fresh ginger
I do have mastic gum, but I see it has BHT in it. Any thoughts on small amounts of this?

I really like ginger, so no problem there.

Last edited:

Mossy

I do not use their brushes. I've bought into the electric toothbrush craze.

BTW, I'm using the Orawellness HA podwer now and it's better than the Now capsules that had the magnesium stearate in it. The straight HA sticks better to my toothpaste without any chalkiness. One thing I can add is, I believe the calcium is affecting me slightly. I'm hyper-sensitive to all supplements, and I feel the calcium energizes my mind during sleep when brushing before bed. I may test adding something else in, like glycine, to counter this.

Last edited:

Mossy

Cow

That is interesting @Mossy . I have chronic insomnia and that is why I was looking for an unflavored tooth cleaner, because I have been suspecting the mint in my toothpaste tabs is waking me up too much before sleep. ~But maybe it is the HA. Sometimes I think it is the act of brushing itself. There is definitely a bump in wakefullness after brushing.

In any case, I wonder if the teeth would suffer too much if I moved my once daily brushing to after lunch. After eating anything else, I just swish with water and a bit of baking soda.

Mossy

I wonder if the teeth would suffer too much if I moved my once daily brushing to after lunch.
I don't see why you couldn't still reap some of the rewards of HA this way. Of course, if you could work in a second brushing with HA, maybe in the AM, that may be even better. One reason I like to brush before bed is so the remnants of HA can sit on my teeth without interruption for hours. But it's possible that's what contributes to an active mind when sleeping.

RealNeat

I don't see why you couldn't still reap some of the rewards of HA this way. Of course, if you could work in a second brushing with HA, maybe in the AM, that may be even better. One reason I like to brush before bed is so the remnants of HA can sit on my teeth without interruption for hours. But it's possible that's what contributes to an active mind when sleeping.
Most people don't brush enough, if careful to not brush like mad, frequent brushing, like 5 times a day would likely result in favorable outcomes. Preventing food residue from sitting on teeth as much as possible.

freyasam

I can't get those chips to stay in my gums or between teeth. I apply them before bed and then as I lie down I feel the little chips sliding down my throat. :/

freyasam

How do you apply the Ca chips to get them to stay put?

EvanHinkle

How do you apply the Ca chips to get them to stay put?
I’ve used the carpules from the calcium therapy institute with success. My teeth are much stronger and feel rock hard when I lightly chomp my upper and lower teeth together. I’d like to try the chips as well, so any tips are very welcome.