My (basic) longevity stack

ironfist

I got some NMN, Fisetin, Broccomax and Glucosamine.

I started by taking 100mg Fisetin to ensure there were no side effects. That was 12/22. 12/23 I took 200mg, then 200mg, then 400mg -- just to make sure things were ok -- so that's 800mg overall... and I took it after eating a meal because it needs fat. 12/24 I am going to take 800mg. Then I am going to stop for at least a month -- Mayo Clinic Protocol. This protocol is 20mg/kg for 2 days a month. I am about 65kg, but I experience sensitivity to many supplements; like caffeine, holy cow, so I'm doing 800mg instead of 1,200mg. I might do 1,200mg on the second day.

A day or two later, I am going to take NMN. I got 125mg tabs. I started with half of a tab today to test for effects. I found somewhere, and I don't know if this is true, that you should take NMN after you're done with Fisetin, because after the Fisetin handles all the senescent cells, THEN you want to fuel the mitochondria of the remaining cells.

Broccomax is because sulforaphane is supposed to prevent a bunch of problems.

Glucosamine because people folks who take glucosamine live longer. It might have no effect on joints, but documentation suggests it extends lifespan.

Except they didn't send me the version of Glucosamine I ordered, so I'm going to have to ship it back and order again.

I got some bloodwork in November and I'm going to do the bloodwork again a week or two after I finish the Fisetin. I have seen at least a single report online of a guy who used Fisetin in a similar protocol and had improved aging predictors according to different algorithms. I think this guy did 800mg a day for 3 days and then a month later did 500mg a day for 5 days + piperine.

OP
I

ironfist

Update:

Day 1: I took 800mg as mentioned above, by taking 200mg, waited less than an hour and took 200mg, and then 400mg. When I took the first dose, I got a dry mouth maybe 30 minutes after taking it. I felt a bit fatigued, yet not too bad. I had some weird pain in my knee on the left, which is weird because I never have pain in that knee. It happened occasionally when I would be making my way in the house.

Day 2: I took 1,000mg total. While taking this, I didn't feel any dry mouth. I took it after a breakfast protein drink which contained walnuts for fat. Following this, I took some cheese and olive oil and then took the next dose until I had taken a total of 1,000mg. I was really hungry today.

I was a little tired maybe but not too much. I really didn't feel much... other than the same weird knee pain.

Day 3: 0mg: I didn't take any today. I felt pretty tired today and actually slept for a few hours this afternoon.

The only thing I did out of the ordinary on these days was 1 kettlebell snatch on both sides. I'm pretty detrained right now and am slowly getting into working out again, so I'm starting slow, with one rep per side. I don't know if this would do anything like cause knee pain or make me want to eat more food, but I'm just mentioning it to be sure.

DeadCatBounce

You are wasting your money and probably your health. Eat proper food and feel positive emotions. This will have a much bigger impact than any chemical you are going to ingest. But do whatever feels right for you and learn from the experience.

youngsinatra

This looks like a Dr. David Sinclair inspired stack.

I personally wouldn’t mess with isolated flavonoids and polyphenols. I think NMN would likely have the best effects of those compounds, because it actually reflects a biological need. But it’s very pricey and I doubt that is much superior in comparison to cheap NAM, but certainly, I don‘t have health concerns with it, except possibly methyl pool depletion.

I‘d rather invest that money into high quality food items, coffee beans, mineral water, hygiene products and so on.

DeadCatBounce

I personally wouldn’t mess with isolated flavonoids and polyphenols. I think NMN would likely have the best effects of those compounds, because it actually reflects a biological need. But it’s very pricey and I doubt that is much superior in comparison to cheap NAM, but certainly, I don‘t have health concerns with it, except possibly methyl pool depletion.

I‘d rather invest that money into high quality food items, coffee beans, mineral water, hygiene products and so on.
Exactly. David Sinclair is a total scammer and anything he promotes is BS. Same goes for many youtubers promoting some dubious products with studies made by manufactures. Those money can go into light therapy devices, hydrogen inhalation device or something of this sort that once bought no need to pay again and again for something that might turn out to be complete BS. NAM > NMN imo when it comes to benefit/safety/price ratio.

OP
I

ironfist

You are wasting your money and probably your health. Eat proper food and feel positive emotions. This will have a much bigger impact than any chemical you are going to ingest. But do whatever feels right for you and learn from the experience.
Mostly agree with the food and emotions.

I try to eat super clean, no fast food in a decade, no alcohol in 5 years, no soda basically ever, etc.

Pretty ******* angry 24/7 though. Working on the emotions.

OP
I

ironfist

I tried NR nearly a decade ago and all it did was give me tendonitis* and reduce(!) my tinnitus, which essentially made it worth it.

Trying NMN now since reading the justification on novos labs website. NMN isn't too expensive if you get it in bulk, where it's like $114 for 100g. I got it on 20% discount at iHerb from Jarrow, that is a brand that passed the test (since over 60% of NMN brands had mostly no NMN in them at all).

*maybe, I was 99% convinced of this before I read about John Sarno... now I wonder if it was just the shitty time I was having together. Wow, though, did I ever get tendonitis easily in multiple joints at the same time when utilizing this so at the time I thought it was the NR.

OP
I

ironfist

Exactly. David Sinclair is a total scammer and anything he promotes is BS. Same goes for many youtubers promoting some dubious products with studies made by manufactures. Those money can go into light therapy devices, hydrogen inhalation device or something of this sort that once bought no need to pay again and again for something that might turn out to be complete BS. NAM > NMN imo when it comes to benefit/safety/price ratio.
Interesting. This is the first I've heard about the guy being a scammer. I am looking more into this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals