Reverse aging

I stayed on keto and ocassional fastings for 3 months now since gyms are closed and have nothing to do other than experimenting. So far i lost all the bloatness/water on my face, also i dont have any acne/pimples(might be because of retin-a tho) ...but i also feel kinda depressed ngl :/ might be due ASD ...
If the foods you listed in your first post are most of your diet, you're very likely not ingesting enough calories or nutrients. I think that explains why you feel a bit depressed.

At 19, focusing on eating a lot of animal protein is important for growth. Stuff like ground beef, goat milk( you may tolerate it better than regular cow's milk), cod, gelatin powder/ concentrated bone broth. Pan- frying some beef patties with coconut oil or butter is easy and tasty, not to mention it contains lots of zinc, selenium, potassium, protein, as well as b- vitamins and creatine.

As for calories, it needs to come from carbs and/ or fat. For carb sources, mrchibbs mentioned ripe fruits and fruit juice, which is probably the best source of carbs, since the fructose component of sucrose increases the metabolism, as well as the CO2, more than glucose, and sucrose is burned much more quickly( 50% more quickly) than pure glucose ou fructose. Starch is okay if well- cooked, but some people get gut problems with starch, so you need to see if you tolerate foods like potatoes, rice, (well- prepared)sourdough bread, etc. Milk contains carbs too, but that much, only 50 grams per liter, so unless you drink 3 or 4 liters of milk a day, it's likely not going to be your main carb source.

For fat sources, stay far away from any oil or fat which contains high amounts of PUFA. Things like soybean oil, corn oil, safflower are very toxic and will do damage to the thyroid function through multiple avenues, as well as to the liver and kidneys. Use saturated fats and oils, like coconut oil, beef tallow, butter, etc. Monounsaturated fats like macadamia nut oil and some kinds of olive oil are safe too.

So basically, get a lot of protein, then eat carbs and fat to satiation. Since you're young, try getting at least 2500 calories per day. You can try different ratios of carbs: fat: protein. Some people do better with more carbs, others with more fat. If you start gaining unwanted weight, lower the fat and increase the carbs, and so on.

Asd was the reason for getting involved in all of these. If i could trade to die young but with healthy neurotransmitters - brain chemistry i would do it ...
I think healthy brain and living long go together.

pro marker

-Forget massaging or microneedling until you have your the basics under control. It's counterproductive otherwise.

could you expand on this? my autism/tourettes gave me horrible tics especially in my neck. while theyre gone now 16 years of continioulsy twitching my neck 24/7 has given me a horrible painful very stiff neck. the only relief is my gf massaging my neck when its very bad. she just rubs my neck, i have so many other things to read up on i know nothing of massages.

baccheion

Are you male or female? I am wondering why a woman would be taking minoxidil.

Fix any nutrient deficiencies, meet all RDAs with just a variety of whole quality foods, eat the last meal 3-4 hours before bed or earlier, sustained-release melatonin (minimum dose; increases with age; eg, REMfresh) before bed matched with vitamin D3 in the morning..

Melatonin is the big trick when started young. Small amount works fine (then keep maintaining serum of a 19 year old).

Once collagen is gone, it doesn't really return. Melatonin (+ D3) helps lower cortisol and slow the decline.

IGF-1 in the natural way is the main thing opposing degenerative conditions including wrinkling/sagging.

According to Ray Peat, it's progesterone as the main supplement and minimizing PUFAs.

BearWithMe

I'm really curious, what kind of plastic pillow you use, and what is the reasoning behind it? And why disinfect it? To avoid mold / mycotoxins / mites?

What kind of benefits do you perceive?

revenant

When I got heavily into the anti-aging scene in my early 20's the most common advice was to not take a ton of supplements at such a young age. Looking back now, I think the advice was sound. But of course I was too eager to try everything because I felt like I had to do something to preserve my youth. And when I found fasting and CR and low-carb I thought I'd found the miracle anti-aging cure for sure. Ten years later I felt like ***t, had wrecked my metabolism and god knows what else and had to start all over, which is what brought me here.

At 19 you're like a car straight out of the factory so there's not a whole lot of tuning that needs to be done in general. As for the ASD, I would start by reading haidut's blog and looking into the serotonin angle.

If the high-carb diet sounds counter-intuitive (as it did for me), definitely read Ray Peat's articles on his website -- it will take a long time but it'll be worth it.

Cloudhands

I think keeping fat low, but not too low (10-30% of calories), keeping protein high ish (1.6g per kg of body weigh) and the rest of your calories from carbs is good. I dont drink milk, because of the immunogenic proteins (casomorphine) which increase prolactin and the horomones which can cause acne. I take vitamin B1 (<100mg per meal), b3 (<100mg per meal), tmg in 1:1 ratio with b3, calcium pyruvate (just enough to fulfill a 1:1 ratio of calcium:phosphorus). I stay away from pufa, i stay away from most starch (other than half ripe bananas), i stay away from gluten. I eat ground beef, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, coffee with heavy cream and brer black strap molasses, i eat bananas, and i eat LOADS of pineapple. I take one aspirin (325mg) with each meal. I make and take magnesium bicarbonate morning and night as well. I generally feel good and i am energized, and i eat 3 meals a day with LOTS of salt. I eat liver 2 times a week and try to have 2 oysters a day. I dont agree with ray peat on everything, but many things i think he has correctomundo about health. I dont consume white sugar, milk, or thyroid. And i eat whole fruit and only have juice preworkout. And i dont advocate sedentaryism.

DiabloQueso

This is a good list, but probably too long to realistically follow. I've researched similar areas, and found most of the things you've listed to be clinically proven to slow the effects of aging.
In particular,
Sleep of 8 hours
Sauna
HIT 4x/wk

On the supplement front
Glycine as a base (maybe 2-3g), and then Liposomal Glutathione stacked on top around 200-400mg.
Quercetin (autophagy)
D3
Glucosamine Sulfate (Mitochondrial turnover) - HCL can also be used but only in additional to Sulfate as it has a 2-3 hour half life
Astaxanthin (by far the most potent and versatile antioxidant - also amazing for skin health)

And for skin, you're correct that Retin-A is the most important thing. It's better than wounding+every other topical imaginable (and no retinol creams are trash, tretinoin or nothing).

You may also look into near infrared heat. It's probably the second most effective thing after Retin-A. It can even reverse some cellulite (which is the only treatment for this I've ever seen proven to work).

Ik but the science behind fasting is to enter autophagy for activating ampk pathway. Also fasting once per week should be necesarry. And usgae of ramapycin as well
Also i thought these are eustress ??
Yeah, in rats that works. But rats die after 5 days of no food. We have different cycles. There have been zero autophagy studies in humans (unfortunately). But when you compare human and rat studies that have been done like insulin resistance in fasting states, I'd say it's unlikely autophagy occurs in 30 hours or even 72 hours in humans. We don't even know if humans have the same sort of autophagy response as rats at all. Rabbits for instance, also die without food in about 4 days, but they don't experience significant autophagy even on a 3 day fast (which is about like a human going a month without food).

While it hasn't been studied, I would be surprised if fasting alone leads to significant autophagy in humans. If you do fast, yes, definitely load up on the rapamycin and Quercitin.

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

High doses of glycine will with time impair protein synthesis and worsen your longevity and health because it depletes the other amino acids. This goes for taking any amino acid in high doses not just glycine, its counterproductive to health.
Really? What if I eat a lot of protons in general? Also, what is the mechanism?

Luann

Honestly i believe you should stay away from 5AR inhibitors like finasteride, Astaxanthin and rosemary since they will damage the nervous system in the long run.

HGH does very little for longevity, in fact it will shorten lifespan and mess us insulin sensitivity. You'd be better off taking low dose DHEA.

Inhibiting mTOR for anti-aging never appealed to me, because it impairs muscle growth and overall make you feel weak, but i understand the reasoning behind it so do what you want. My only tip would be not to combine so many mtor-inhibiting things like low carb, fasting, calorie restriction, Rapamycin (especially Rapamycin) + all the other AMPK activators in the list because it will be counterproductive in the long term (too much mtor inhibition will make you frail in the long term)

P.S.
i might have murdered the english language here and there, forgive me.
I have nothing to add except that, if you mean English is your 2nd lang, I would have never known that....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom