D-Limonene Experiences

golder

Anyone else had any new experiences/info on Limonene, seems really interesting and curious to hear your expertise. Thanks!

Broken man

Please what type
I'm with you @Tarmander From what I have read, Limonene regulates dopamine and reduces serotonin. Methamphetamine isn't something i'd "supplement " to begin with so....Unless Peat said it was ok.??..o_O
Please which type of creatine are you using? Thank you.

Inaut

Intranasal Perillyl Alcohol for Glioma Therapy: Molecular Mechanisms and Clinical Development

Thomas C. Chen, Clovis O. da Fonseca, and Axel H. Schönthal

Additional article information

Abstract
Intracranial malignancies, such as primary brain cancers and brain-localized metastases derived from peripheral cancers, are particularly difficult to treat with therapeutic agents, because the blood-brain barrier (BBB) effectively minimizes brain entry of the vast majority of agents arriving from the systemic circulation. Intranasal administration of cancer drugs has the potential to reach the brain via direct nose-to-brain transport, thereby circumventing the obstacle posed by the BBB. However, in the field of cancer therapy, there is a paucity of studies reporting positive results with this type of approach. A remarkable exception is the natural compound perillyl alcohol (POH). Its potent anticancer activity was convincingly established in preclinical studies, but it nonetheless failed in subsequent clinical trials, where it was given orally and displayed hard-to-tolerate gastrointestinal side effects. Intriguingly, when switched to intranasal delivery, POH yielded highly promising activity in recurrent glioma patients and was well tolerated. As of 2018, POH is the only intranasally delivered compound in the field of cancer therapy (outside of cancer pain) that has advanced to active clinical trials. In the following, we will introduce this compound, summarize its molecular mechanisms of action, and present the latest data on its clinical evaluation as an intranasally administered agent for glioma.

Keywords: intranasal, perillyl alcohol, temozolomide

Intranasal Perillyl Alcohol for Glioma Therapy: Molecular Mechanisms and Clinical Development

Might be as simple as inhaling/nebulizing orange oil for the treatment of various brain camcers???

SQu

How did I miss all these great studies?

Limonene is part of my daily routine. I take it (as organic orange oil) with my thyroid, progesterone and Vit D, all at once. I have never felt such clear breathing, no sinus or stuffiness, and the doctor said my lungs were in excellent health. I think better gut health is the underlying cause of improvements. Since childhood I've had a chronic stuffy nose, up till peating. Limonene has made it even better.

Inaut

I think taking limonene and vitamin D together is synergistic @SQu
No studies though, more so just anecdotal and experiential.

SQu

I think taking limonene and vitamin D together is synergistic @SQu
No studies though, more so just anecdotal and experiential.
I got the idea from @LeeLemonoil
I think it is having a good effect on mood too.
I'm going to use it topically as well.

Re those studies on obesity, I didn't find the dose they were using, let alone HED.

Lollipop2

Limonene is part of my daily routine. I take it (as organic orange oil) with my thyroid, progesterone and Vit D, all at once. I have never felt such clear breathing, no sinus or stuffiness, and the doctor said my lungs were in excellent health. I think better gut health is the underlying cause of improvements. Since childhood I've had a chronic stuffy nose, up till peating. Limonene has made it even better.
+1 I love it as well! You are taking almost what I am, except that I have added cortnon vaginally for change of life.

golder

Amazing, thanks. Could you link to the orange oil product you use? What dosage/timing are you having success with? Much appreciated.

Dave Clark

Limonene must help with fat soluble nutrients, Life Extension has had a CoQ10/D-limonene supplement for years, so if that interests you, it is still available.

Inaut

As mentioned by @Dave Clark , LifeExtension CoQ10 has limonene in it for absorption. Any thoughts to taking it with vitamin E or even methylene blue? I’ve avoided MB on days I use D limonene just because but I’d love if there was some synergy to using them both together. Would make my day actually.

Inaut

Sad news... I’m here to report the only side effect from taking D-Limonene.... hives.....

My mother and I have both broken out with hives and it’s super itchy. It’s weird because I’ve been taking high doses for over a month and only when she started taking it, about two weeks ago, we both broke out. I really love limonene and actually attempted to purchase a liter of it but it got stopped at customs for some reason. Either way, I will just need to dial it back for a week or so and see if it dissipates.. Very unfortunate because I value it as one of the most important supplements I use. I guess it’s a good reminder that everything needs to be rotated.... just a word of caution

Atleast i have agmatine to play around with now :)

SQu

Amazing, thanks. Could you link to the orange oil product you use? What dosage/timing are you having success with? Much appreciated.
Sorry I didn't realise this comment was for me. I use a local organic orange oil, it was quite a search to find it. I use about 20 -30 drops a day, divided with my thyroid dose, so about 5-7 drops at a time. It might be rather a lot, I don't know. I did look for the human dose of one of the studies quoted on the forum and got the range from there, if of course I calculated that correctly and that's a big if!

Dave Clark

Sad news... I’m here to report the only side effect from taking D-Limonene.... hives.....

My mother and I have both broken out with hives and it’s super itchy. It’s weird because I’ve been taking high doses for over a month and only when she started taking it, about two weeks ago, we both broke out. I really love limonene and actually attempted to purchase a liter of it but it got stopped at customs for some reason. Either way, I will just need to dial it back for a week or so and see if it dissipates.. Very unfortunate because I value it as one of the most important supplements I use. I guess it’s a good reminder that everything needs to be rotated.... just a word of caution

Atleast i have agmatine to play around with now :)
I would think that if you were allergic to it, you would see reactions much sooner. The strange thing about hives is that it is an autoimmune reaction that may not be directly related to just one thing. Sometimes it takes a perfect storm of several things to cause this reaction, in other words, you may have some other underlying sensitivities that the limonene hypersensitized. Anyway, I had a hives experience once, and read a study where high does vitamin D calmed down the reaction, so I took some and in a few days the reaction was gone. I usually use a Sperti D lamp for my D, but high oral doses of D actually have an immune suppressing effect from what I have read, and that seems plausible since hives is an overreaction of the immune system. I don't think high dose oral D should be used indefinitely, that's just my opinion currently.

SQu

Thanks for that. It does ring a bell from way back when I did the sums.

I have a milligram scale because I also got into making skin cream as a vehicle for things like stearic acid, and I've weighed drops of some things to see what a drop weighs. I consistently get about 0.025mg for most things (have not tried weighing orange oil - because I've found it can melt some plastics (!) So I have to find a very lightweight weighing container that it does not affect!)

And something that may be relevant to your hives experience: I started to get a slight rash on my hairline, I thought from hairdye, but now I think it might have something to do with the orange oil. My thinking on this is, limonene is meant to help gut healing, could it be some contamination, some supplier issue? Or just too much too soon? And the other thing is that a solution of urea in water with a drop of methylene blue 1% (not a drop a day, as I don't use it all in just one day), and then a bit of MCT oil at another time of day, both topically, has gradually helped clear this up almost entirely. To be honest I am not entirely sure of the timeline with this, so cannot be sure it was the orange oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals