Bromantane Lowered My TSH Even While Doing Night Shifts

Broken man

Hello all, I would like to talk about what happened to me. Till February, I started new job where I am doing 12 hours shifts day and night. After 3 months, I was completely broken, blood tests showed borderline high estrogen and high mid range prolactin. My TSH was 4,89. I got prescribed 50 micrograms of T4 per week and 2,5 mg of letrozole twice per week. I never did good on thyroid and generic thyroid is full of additives. So I intead tried haidut product but had problems with finding right dose so I stopped taking it after month and so the letrozole. Two months ago, I got my hands on bromantane so its 1 month that I am taking around 70 mg per day. It changed my whole myself but I didnt expect that it will lower my TSH, my doctor told me that miracle happened :D. I cant tell him about bromantane. The thing is, I thought that my TSH will be even higher cuz I was really exhausted and depressed before. I know that better indicator of thyroid is temperature but I cant rely on it because when I have day that I dont go to work my temp is good but on days I go to work, my temperature is bad because I need to wake up early. So, do you think that my blood test could be skewed because of andrenaline or other hormone? Thank you.

J

jb116

Hello all, I would like to talk about what happened to me. Till February, I started new job where I am doing 12 hours shifts day and night. After 3 months, I was completely broken, blood tests showed borderline high estrogen and high mid range prolactin. My TSH was 4,89. I got prescribed 50 micrograms of T4 per week and 2,5 mg of letrozole twice per week. I never did good on thyroid and generic thyroid is full of additives. So I intead tried haidut product but had problems with finding right dose so I stopped taking it after month and so the letrozole. Two months ago, I got my hands on bromantane so its 1 month that I am taking around 70 mg per day. It changed my whole myself but I didnt expect that it will lower my TSH, my doctor told me that miracle happened :D. I cant tell him about bromantane. The thing is, I thought that my TSH will be even higher cuz I was really exhausted and depressed before. I know that better indicator of thyroid is temperature but I cant rely on it because when I have day that I dont go to work my temp is good but on days I go to work, my temperature is bad because I need to wake up early. So, do you think that my blood test could be skewed because of andrenaline or other hormone? Thank you.
Estrogen and I believe cortisol to some degree can lower TSH. TSH shouldn't be a primary marker to determine thyroid health. It should be an adjunct after understanding temp, pulse, appetite, digestion, sleep, and general overall feeling.

5a-DHP

Estrogen and I believe cortisol to some degree can lower TSH. TSH shouldn't be a primary marker to determine thyroid health. It should be an adjunct after understanding temp, pulse, appetite, digestion, sleep, and general overall feeling.

Agreed.

I've had 30+ thyroid / adrenal bloods ran over the past two years.
My TSH falls around 2-3.5, but it'll always drop to ~1 when serum am cortisol is slightly above range, which is usually the case if I lifted the day prior. Temps are much worse and total T4 drops significantly alongside the TSH decrease.

TSH has never, ever been a good indicator of thyroid status in my experience. Anecdotally, my total T4 has always corresponded to my body temps.

Last edited:
Thyroid – Violien
The body uses the TSH to either increase or decrease the flow of iodine into cells. When iodine is sufficient and T4 production is running along smoothly, TSH needs only be very very low: the current flow is satisfactory.

But as is explained below (at “Problem: Really, really low iodine“), low TSH can also be an iodine sparing strategy, shifting from T4 production to T3 production. In this case iodine is deficient and T4 production is practically non existend!

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Such a shift shouldn’t even exist tbh
Ye I think So but I am living in a Germany colony, here where I live is everything about money because people dont have enough for living. The quality products are sent to Germany for good profit but people here are destroyed with the stress and bad quality foods and even meds are sent to Germany. So I was forced to do this work because of money but I was lucky and will get back to my previous job.

equipoise

This is correct. Dr. Barnes book on thyroid, I believe it's called "Unsuspected ilness" is a great read.

J

jb116

The title of your thread suggests night shift lowered your TSH.
Ah, I definitely interpreted it that way too. I think they intended on saying "hey look, my TSH dropped even while doing night shifts all thanks to bromantane."

Not the best title :seenoevil:

PxD

Ye I think So but I am living in a Germany colony, here where I live is everything about money because people dont have enough for living. The quality products are sent to Germany for good profit but people here are destroyed with the stress and bad quality foods and even meds are sent to Germany. So I was forced to do this work because of money but I was lucky and will get back to my previous job.

Middle/eastern Europe? Czechia, Hungary, Romania?

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Ah, I definitely interpreted it that way too. I think they intended on saying "hey look, my TSH dropped even while doing night shifts all thanks to bromantane."

Not the best title :seenoevil:
Dont know guys how this came to your mind but I am not native english speaker :D :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

LeeLemonoil

@Broken man

Do you get the Bromantane from Czech Rep or other states in Eastern Europe? Could you tell me the source, maybe via PM? Or do you get them sent to you by friends. I’m in Germany and have a hard time finding decent bromantane sent in
Thanks!