MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not sure why. I think maybe the progesterone because I felt like my hips were expanding like being pregnant does.
I haven’t heard of that happening before now, but it looks like it could be your issue…

“Potential reasons for weight gain

When hormones are out of balance, the body has trouble regulating its weight and excess weight can sneak in. Progesterone doesn’t cause weight loss or gain in and of itself, it works by reducing the effects other hormones have on your body – and too much or too little can have noticeable effects.

Too much progesterone

Too much progesterone can impair your body’s blood sugar regulation (through its interaction with insulin) and lead to weight gain. During pregnancy, this sensitivity to insulin is normal and helps ensure enough nutrients are delivered to the growing fetus thanks to the increase in progesterone production.

However, in the absence of a pregnancy and fetus to feed, increasing the amount of insulin in the blood usually means your body is converting more blood sugar for storage as fat, leading to weight gain. It’s also the likely culprit behind food cravings and hunger when progesterone is highest in your cycle.

Too little progesterone

When progesterone levels are too low, your insulin response can also be affected. Without healthy levels of progesterone, estrogen is either left unchecked or levels are high in comparison. And because progesterone supports the thyroid and regulating your metabolism, too little of this hormone means your metabolism could slow down and lead to weight gain.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

Though this thread of mine is about weight loss, I wanted to show what me adding back in extra fat and starches and extra calories from whole milk looks like in the last two weeks. I have put on a solid four pounds now in those couple of weeks. My face is looking better and I am filling out my bras again. I am a solid 145 pounds this morning. My starches have mostly been an occasional piece of yeastless sourdough toast, some crackers made with butter or Parmesan, an occasional 15 carb sweet roll made with coconut oil or a handful of potato chips made with olive oil. Last night I had an early dinner with steamed white sweet potato, buttered and topped with taco meat, cheddar, lettuce and sour cream. I had that around five o’clock and only juices after that until my 10:45 bedtime. My fat has gone up with butter with that sourdough and sweet roll, cheese when I have the crackers and extra glasses of whole milk. I have been eating less honey, sugar, and more juice instead of my orange Julius. I have been eating 80 grams of protein a day instead of the 50 I was eating. I like this weight, but I need to cut back out some of the starches to maintain this weight, and not gain anymore fat. I will keep the extra milk and protein to maintain here.

Attachments

• 0BD5D3C6-DF6C-4A82-9197-3683014AC173.jpeg
    0BD5D3C6-DF6C-4A82-9197-3683014AC173.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 66
  • EC48868E-4853-4D38-9FE4-3C7DE937E92C.jpeg
    EC48868E-4853-4D38-9FE4-3C7DE937E92C.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 65
OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

In my quest to put back on some weight I am having the same issue as I did trying to lose the weight, I gain a few and then lose it again. The meat and starches put on the the weight, while the dairy and sugars takes it off. I ate a bunch of my boiled and broiled chicken wings the day before yesterday with lingonberry jam and cheese and crackers in the evening and still lost a pound by the next morning. Eating dinner early keeps the weight off, but I can’t eat a dinner later or I won’t sleep well. I was up four pounds and now I am back down two as of this morning, at 143. Ideally I am hoping 147 will be my ideal weight.

coffeelover

I'm really happy for you and not trying to hijack your thread (again) but...

Have you ever struggled with orthorexic type thoughts on your health journey? The more I try to simplify my diet, the more I overthink things. I might think, Ok, I'm just going to have coffee, dairy, fruit and shrimp (for example) but then I'll see someone talking about how we need 4700 mg potassium daily and I'll put my foods in chronometer and be nowhere near 4700 mg potassium. It happens with everything. I don't know how to stop overthinking it.

Also, I think I need to simplify my diet to calm inflammation. I have been having a red, blotchy, flushed face and neck for almost a month. Plus my hands are extremely dry, cracked, painful, with eczema. I'm trying all my normal things and nothing is helping. Almost all the foods I focus on now are high histamine so now I'm wondering if I have histamine intolerance. Why oh why is health so complicated for some of us?

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Have you ever struggled with orthorexic type thoughts on your health journey? The more I try to simplify my diet, the more I overthink things. I might think, Ok, I'm just going to have coffee, dairy, fruit and shrimp (for example) but then I'll see someone talking about how we need 4700 mg potassium daily and I'll put my foods in chronometer and be nowhere near 4700 mg potassium. It happens with everything. I don't know how to stop overthinking it.

Also, I think I need to simplify my diet to calm inflammation. I have been having a red, blotchy, flushed face and neck for almost a month. Plus my hands are extremely dry, cracked, painful, with eczema. I'm trying all my normal things and nothing is helping. Almost all the foods I focus on now are high histamine so now I'm wondering if I have histamine intolerance. Why oh why is health so complicated for some of us?
That is what I was doing for so long, overthinking and worrying that I wasn’t getting enough of something and adding more. I have been doing that since I was a teenager, reading about health and vitamins. Now I am just focusing on the calcium, egg yolks and vitamin C and letting the rest go for now. I eat other things, but just what I feel like at the time. Not thinking about food and meals all day, and just pouring a 24-ounce glass of milk, after my coffees or instead of dinner has me thinking and not stressing about it anymore. I figure between the milk, orange juice and egg yolks I am eating extremely healthy.

Momma

Your “diet” is not sustaining or nourishing you. To have orthorexic thoughts and inflammation etc; those are letting you know that it’s not working for you.

coffeelover

Your “diet” is not sustaining or nourishing you. To have orthorexic thoughts and inflammation etc; those are letting you know that it’s not working for you.
I eat a lot of food, and a wide variety. I think I can't figure out how to limit myself in a health-promoting way because I have a lot of weight to lose. I can't settle on WHAT to eat so I eat everything. I have a friend who is similar, but she will just eat nothing if she can't eat perfect. I'm the opposite.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I agree. My girlfriend over ate, trying to lose weight, worried about getting enough vitamins and minerals, it is compulsive behavior that is prevalent on the forum. I am not meaning to criticize, but those chronometers would just make it worse for me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I eat a lot of food, and a wide variety. I think I can't figure out how to limit myself in a health-promoting way because I have a lot of weight to lose. I can't settle on WHAT to eat so I eat everything. I have a friend who is similar, but she will just eat nothing if she can't eat perfect. I'm the opposite.
I think you got it right when you said you need to simplify your diet, for now.

coffeelover

I'm wondering if the flushed/itchy face and neck and bad eczema hands are part of the healing process (would releasing fatty acids do this??) .... or a sign I'm doing something wrong.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm wondering if the flushed/itchy face and neck and bad eczema hands are part of the healing process (would releasing fatty acids do this??) .... or a sign I'm doing something wrong.
When you are releasing fat it is mostly PUFA so it can make your body go haywire. Are you taking progesterone?

coffeelover

When you are releasing fat it is mostly PUFA so it can make your body go haywire. Are you taking progesterone?
Yes. During the second half of my cycle I am. I'm also taking desiccated thyroid 3x a day. It's seems to be very slowly helping my basal body temp and energy to improve.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes. During the second half of my cycle I am. I'm also taking desiccated thyroid 3x a day. It's seems to be very slowly helping my basal body temp and energy to improve.
My bet is on the thyroid, it is really high in histamines.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Really?? I've been so afraid to stop it because it seems to be helping my temperatures and energy/mental clarity.
I wrote different e-mails to RP about different dried organs, thyroid, kidney and liver, and even bone marrow powder, and each time he said to avoid them because of their oxidation. Besides that point, anything dried, aged or fermented is high in histamines.

coffeelover

Interesting. I guess it's worth a try cutting it out to see if my skin improves. My face feels hot and flushed ALL the time as if I've had too much wine. It's bizarre.

lvanderb

@Rinse & rePeat
I am loving fresh juicy sweet nectarines, and I have been having peach smoothies made with organic frozen peaches, organic white grape juice and white whipped honey….

“Nectarines may aid weight loss in several ways.

First, they’re a good source of fiber, which supports feelings of fullness. If you’re already feeling full, you’re unlikely to overeat or consume too many calories.

What’s more, this fruit is naturally low in calories and fat. Eating plenty of low calorie fruits and veggies may naturally support weight loss when consumed in place of high calorie, low nutrient snacks.

A 4-year study in 73,737 women with a normal body mass index (BMI) — a common health metric — linked each daily fruit serving to an average weight loss of 0.6 pounds (0.27 kg). Notably, the study associated starchy foods and low fiber foods with weight gain.”

I have a peach tree and am planting a nectarine tree this year. I had planted a nectarine tree at the same time as the peach tree, but it died. Now the area is more protected. The peach tree is very very productive, lol, I get overwhelmed... I make jam, preserves, canned peaches (histamines, sigh...) and froze peaches.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals