Mossy

Any thoughts on what would actually cause the reaction? I actually did same dose today and didn’t really get any response from it besides still some hypoglycemia
At one point, I think I did have an idea. I do so much research, I've since lost that idea--sorry to say. I keep coming back to the simple perspective that if your health is bad, your body just can't handle too much extracurricular tinkering. My guess is that my liver, digestion, and thyroid have gotten a bit better, so I'm able to make use of the mitolipin--at least to some degree--versus having it be like a code-red to my body. Please pardon the very layman analogy, but as much as I try I'm not too much of a scientist.

scoobydoo

At one point, I think I did have an idea. I do so much research, I've since lost that idea--sorry to say. I keep coming back to the simple perspective that if your health is bad, your body just can't handle too much extracurricular tinkering. My guess is that my liver, digestion, and thyroid have gotten a bit better, so I'm able to make use of the mitolipin--at least to some degree--versus having it be like a code-red to my body. Please pardon the very layman analogy, but as much as I try I'm not too much of a scientist.
Haha no worries
Appreciate the reply

Zpol

@haidut Can you help me figure this out? I don't understand the difference between DPPC and Phosphatidylcholine as used in the experiments you link to. If this weren't a thread presenting evidence for the effects DPPC, I would assume they were using sunflower or soy derived PC. Since it is, I'm thinking some or all of the experiments used DPPC. I can only view the abstracts so I don't know.

If some of the studies are in fact using sunflower or soy derived PC, do you think MitoLipin can achieve the same results but at a much lower dosage (such as the recommended dose of MitoLipin)?

MitoLipin is for getting saturated fat into the mitochondria. Regular PC seems to have the effect of making cells more flexible and fluid thereby enhancing detoxification via the liver and digestive organs. But I suppose that's due to it's cholinergic effects; still trying to figure that part out.

Which brings me to another question...
Is possible that DPPC could prevent damage caused by sunflower lecithin derived phosphatidylcholine?

(I have been directed to take phosphatidylcholine due to suspected biliary cholangitis and bowel inflammation, I can't take anything that stimulates bile flow or enhances digestion because the bile gets stuck in the bile ducts any my liver can't detox so it all (endotoxin, estrogen, etc) gets recirculated basically. The PC is for the purpose of thinning the bile.)

These are the studies I'm interested in...

Hydrogenated phosphatidylcholine supplementation reduces hepatic lipid levels in mice fed a high-fat diet.

Phosphatidylcholine protects against fibrosis and cirrhosis in the baboon.

TNF-alpha-induced up-regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines is reduced by phosphatidylcholine in intestinal epithelial cells.

noqcks

@haidut I'm looking forward to trying this one. I have "Crohn's disease" and gallstones. Hopefully the regular 40 drops/day will be enough to make a difference in this. The studies that I looked at used larger doses with an enteric-release formula, but maybe the saturated form will be more effective. I'm still willing to give it a try just because I tried PC once and the feeling was amazing. So blissful with nootropic effects.

@Jonoh your symptoms seem reminiscent of high and low serotonin. Maybe it is having an effect on estrogen?

@Pointless how did the Mitolipin turn out for your Crohn's? Any other products you've found that worked?

Andman

Less than 200 IU per 20 drops. But we may have to go back to the higher vitamin E content as people started complaining that they want more vitamin E as apparently quite a few people are using MitoLipin as their vitamin E supplement as well. Can't please everyone :):

this is from page 29

Mito

“The liquid is the same, the dropper may be a bit smaller but should still produce the same size drops. As far as vitamin E - I think there may be a bit of misunderstanding. There is about 600 IU vitamin E per 1ml (20 drops) of MitoLipin. The recommended serving size is 40 drops (2ml) so there would be about 1,200 IU vitamin E per serving.”
Post #483 by Haidut

Peater Pan

Doctors give prednisone b/c this is the emergency treatment for acute inflammation. They either do not give much thought to the side effects or are taught that the side effects are unavoidable and something to be "managed" with other more less toxic drugs.
What side effects do steroids like prednisone have? I had several (3-5?) rounds (oral), 2 inhalers and a shot (kenalog) last year to treat 'reactive airway' (I think it's an undiagnosed virus) and AM A COMPLETE WRECK now (see my maiden post).

Last edited: