Maximise Your Free Testosterone Levels

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by matisvijs, Dec 29, 2016.

1. OP
    matisvijs

matisvijs Member

2. Drareg

Drareg Member

"Where he bolded the last part of the citation. So it seems he thinks SHBG should be as high as possible to keep estrogen out of cells, and that it actually enters cells when it is unloaded, unlike albumin. He doesn't say anything about androgens on SHBG but if he claims it's less lipophilic when loaded with estrogen, I don't see why he wouldn't say it becomes more lipophilic when it's loaded with androgens."

This is interesting about the lipohilic nature of it without estrogen.
    I was curious if the description of SHBG was correct because the lowering of it doesn't necessarily increase the appearance of androgens via libido etc. The effect seems to be temporary then wears off.
    Could this be from released estrogen? Highly unlikely if you supplement vitamin E and DHT?
    Keeping in mind the substances mentioned could influence libido via other avenues.

3. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Some react poorly to mag chloride, and magnesium supplements in general.

Coffee (even decaff) is a good source, as is orange juice, dairy, kale leaves (you just need to drink the broth, not eat the leaves), and chocolate (an okay source.) Molasses also has quite a bit of magnesium in it.

4. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

I think it's probably it, at least according to Ray Peat. It would be probably more interesting to see the total T vs free T ratio, rather than SHBG.

5. Bahaa El wazzan

Bahaa El wazzan Member

6. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

7. Bahaa El wazzan

Bahaa El wazzan Member

Alrigjt i ll do it

Thanks again :)

8. TubZy

TubZy Member

I didn't see a herb list on there, but here is a pic of all the herbs I tried (mainly all of them are pro T and DHT, anti prolactin etc.). Pine pollen is one of my favorites..it contains androsterone too. I also like tongkat ali extract as long as you get a good standardized extract. Both of them are pretty pro peat anyways (anti cortisol, anti estrogenic).

Shilajit is also pretty peat friendly (anti serotonin, anti prolactin, pro T etc.)

I used to cycle a different herb each day to get rid of any potential tolerance issues. I haven't used herbs in months now though since switching to pregnenolone. I think the effects could be potentiated w/ pregnenolone..

Also from my experience boron made me feel worse.

[​IMG]

9. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

@TubZy Pregnenolone has replaced all the herbs you used to take? What effects have you seen from it?

10. TubZy

TubZy Member

Well in my case just increasing DHT/T is only part of the puzzle of recovering from fin. Finasteride depletes the neurosteroids (preg/allopreg/progesterone etc.) the most which really stems the issue hence why I switched to high doses of pregnenolone instead of just treating it further down the chain (like DHT, T) which is what the herbs are good for. The herbs can only do so much (if anything) in terms of the neurosteroid part which is why I stuck to preg.

The herbs helped big time on the sexual side, but not much mental areas (like allopreg). I only replaced the herbs with preg b/c I felt better both mentally and physically. Although, I haven't tried herbs + preg. I think that could be a good combo. Some herbs can increase DHEA like siberian ginseng so could be similar to the preg+dhea combo or the preg+ dhea + androsterone combo.

11. tca300

tca300 Member

Epsom Salt baths with baking soda added or foot soaks are a good way to get magnesium. As long as you dont submerge your gens in hot water. I do 30+ min foot soaks almost every night.

12. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Do you take allopregnanolone?

13. TubZy

TubZy Member

Nah, just a small amount of 5a-DHP..precursor to allopreg

14. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Oh damn... does it work?

15. TubZy

TubZy Member

Yeah, preg did a pretty good job of restoring some of it but 5a-DHP hits it way more direct feeling. Feels very similar valium/xanax. I love allopreg/GABA- you don't really appreciate something until it's not there. I feel much better mentally now. You should try it- it's not expensive. Just don't take before bed (makes it hard to fall asleep ironically lol).

16. Parsifal

Parsifal Member

Do you know what in Shilajit would have this effect? Are there any studies on this? I think that Peat doesn't like fulvic acid.

From what I've read, we don't know how Tongkat Ali works and if it really works?

17. haidut

haidut Member

In one sentence - keep stress/inflammation low and thyroid high. Most of the estrogen is produced peripherally from DHEA, and DHEA is produced by adrenals. Stress increase adrenal function and cortisol/DHEA. The higher your thyroid function, the higher your gonadal function and the lower your adrenal function should be thus leading to lower cortisol and DHEA. Low cortisol will also keep aromatase relatively inactive.

18. Bahaa El wazzan

Bahaa El wazzan Member

Have sex everyday
    Stay away from any routine
    Routine cause depression
    Depression destroy libido and stamina

Fuxkkk for god sake

19. Syncopated

Syncopated Member

Total T is meaningless. 70% of my total T was unavailable. Have your doctor run an RIA testosterone test for free T. Another name for this test is the analog free T test.

I agree, thyroid and aspirin should be added to the list.

Thanks for the nettle root information.

Sex every day is definitely not recommended. The real secret to increasing T is to NOT EVER release your seed(no masturbating) if your single, and only love your wife when she is ovulating. This means the use of condoms (2) to ensure safety if need be as estrogen contraceptive pills are terrible.

20. Syncopated

Syncopated Member

Good!