L's Intense Pufa-free Diet!

Luann

Hey guys! I tried out Dave Foster's experiment in an ultra-low pufa diet, and I saved up my first seven days full of notes, findings, and results! I will post them in about an hour. STAY POSTED

OP
Luann

Luann

Very low PUFA diet day 1
Breakfast is two cups of coffee made with part coconut water part hot water and with added sugar. Also two mugs of heated skim milk with added sugar and instant coffee, and a non-fat Greek yogurt.
Lunch was a third cup of coffee, an egg white with sea salt, slices of cucumber minus seeds and 6 glasses of milk with salt and sugar. Thoughts so far: the food tastes good and I need to figure out my starting weight. My biggest health complaint these days is swollen calves.
Finished the day with Dr. Pepper, some dates, and a fourth coffee; four cups of skim milk with salt and sugar.

Early morning day two
A tablespoon of pancake syrup because my stomach feels empty but I go back to sleep before eating anything else. Breakfast is three cups of coconut coffee, sugared, and a glass of skim milk and a slice of cucumber with sea salt.
For lunch I had a Pepsi, gummy worms, and coconut water.
Dinner was 5 glasses of skim milk, about eight dates, half of a cucumber, half of a Manganese pill, and twenty mini marshmallows. I felt uncomfortably full for the first time in a long time. Later on that night: more dates. Midnight snack: coconut water (it's SO useful and versatile).

Breakfast of day 3 was an egg white, sweetened coffee, milk with coconut water in and 5 mg of Manganese.
Lunch was dates, gummy worms again since I was at work, and rootbeer because I'm avoiding the phosphoric acid of other dark drinks. Ate it in the sun! Felt so brave and warm and alive. But I quickly got really angry at minor events at work after that. Some of it was frustration at not being able to meet quotas; some of the anger was just at the tile floors and, well, at everything that reminded me that I wasn't free to spend the rest of the day in the sun. Felt really violent at one point and very tired in general.
Ate about 15 dates waiting for a ride and finally went number 2 at home after being constipated for a couple of days. Started my recovery from work by heating up skim milk and putting a packet of gelatin in water. Glad I was able to thank a coworker for being so supportive that day, and thankful for not having done anything that was rash while being angry.

Day four
I did not sleep well last night, either from the fibers in my dates or from the gelatin milk combo of last night. Got some sleep after taking baking soda in decaf coffee, but woke up with a headache. Figured that every headache has a dose of caffeine it will respond to; three cups of dark roast proved me right and I was able to go to work. At work I had gummy peaches for lunch and the headache came back with a vengeance. Sips of rootbeer had no healing effect. Got home, had lots of skim milk with sugar and salt, slept, had more milk with gelatin in it. I filtered the gelatin this time to remove any clumps of protein.
At work again today I had MAJOR fatigue and head and neck pain; and again the low tolerance for other people's silliness. I also was rude toward my boss and am now trying to figure out whether to apologize or not tomorrow. I was sort of in the right.

261_1.jpg

OP
Luann

Luann

Thoughts from day five
I have to stop with the gelatin. Whether it's the fluoride, the endotoxin, the histamine... it makes me hungry, angry, and sleepy. I can't focus at all. It's like my thyroid really grinds to a halt when I use gelatin. If it is the fluoride having this effect, I will stop with the sea salt too because sea salt has its share of Fl. I'm going to stop using gelatin and take up with hydrogenated palm kernel in my coffee to start getting more calories. I will try to find a source of HPKO online.
One food that has been good to me is egg whites. If I had a biotin supplement I'd eat egg whites all day.
With this sensitivity to gelatin, I won't be having gummy worms at work today.

Dinner was milk with iodized salt, a tablespoon of spinach, the last of my dates, and half an ounce of liver. I ate the gritty bits of liver because they are supposed to have collagen in them. I had cool whip in my milk because it has hydrogenated palm kernel oil and it and that should help with the fat solubles of milk and spinach.

I took a late evening hike with my mom and felt really good, felt like running when we came up on a grassy hill.

Made it to day six and I've learned to avoid gelatin; to take advantage of the fat solubles in spinach and milk; and which greens have the most vitamins K and C per gram of PUFA. Mustard greens take the prize and are on the shopping list for tomorrow. Had milk, coffee, TONS of whipped cream, half of an orange, a tablespoon of spinach, and condensed milk today, along with a quarter of a B6 pill and 5 mg of Manganese.
My period started yesterday in the evening and for the first time in a year I had NO cramps. No cramps, no throwing up, no diarrhea. That's a huge change. Not sure if I'm gettting more folate now; or if the vit K from spinach, or the saturated fat in cool whip, or the switch from dry to fresh milk is healing me but something is. Praise God. Am having better regularity too but my tongue is coated some of the time.

day seven
This morning after having a cup of coffee with whipped topoping and two cups of milk, and some spinach, a woman at work asked me why I wasn't cold where we were working. A second woman agreed that it was chilly in there. Here I am in a teeshirt not even noticing the temperature. :))

After a lunch of yogurt and fruit slices candy, I got what felt like a histamine headache. It lasted into the morning of the next day. Not sure if it was caused by the lactic acid in yogurt; a food coloring in the candy; starch or gums in either one; or if the yogurt was old. Am done with candy lunches, though. Between the icky gelatins and the titanium dioxide and the food colorants, they aren't great. They don't provide potassium and protein, either.

Breakast of day 8
Coffee, milk with generous sugar, and a few teaspoons of whipped topping. Lunch: a quarter ounce of liver, followed lazily by lots of milk, an apple, an egg white, and a nighttime shopping trip. I find turnip greens and more dates and more whipped topping and proceed to dine on these. A person could eat dates around the clock and never get sick of them.
Getting adequate vitamin K feels like it's going to be a game-changer. My toes and cheeks are so warm right now. You rock, day eight of my extremely low fat diet.

Okay, all! See you in another week after I continue this diet!

DaveFoster

You look like you're not eating enough salt. Women especially need to be careful about consuming too many liquids and insufficient salt.

Also it's important to have carrots or some antibiotic method 2 to 3 times per day if you're eating a large amount of sugar.

DrJ

Good stuff! Thanks for posting. Are you tracking your calcium-to-phosphate ratio? Keeping that above 1.0 will be a big help in getting metabolism going. Don't forget to balance calcium with magnesium, especially if you suspect you're hypothyroid or run into constipation. With the skim milk, I get the impression you're going really low fat overall. My reading and personal experience has informed that the saturated fat to PUFA ratio is pretty key. Really low fat seems to make me cranky and also messes up my digestion due to lack of bile production (which is triggered by fat). If I have some PUFA, but take a big dose of saturated fat from cream or coconut oil, I find my digestion stays great, and metabolism stays high. I'll go through about 3 pints of cream a week in my coffee, and it tastes great! If you run into any trouble, you might consider upping the saturated fat and trying an experiment tracking your saturated fat to PUFA ratio. Mad respect on your discipline. Hope that goes well!

OP
Luann

Luann

@DaveFoster , thanks so much for your input! Hope you like this take on your experiment from last year. I will throw in some more salt and maybe some carrots. Enjoy your night

@DrJ I always love your comments. I was focusing on calcium to phosphate for a while, sort of took the focus off of that but still I choose less of the dark sodas and try to keep egg whites to abt one a day because of the phosphorus. The milk seems to have plenty of calcium.

Interesting to hear that you have better effects from the ratio of SFA to PUFA rather than from just limiting PUFA. I believe PUFA is more prone to being stored than saturated fats are, meaning that over time the SFA PUFA ratio of the body will not reflect that of the diet. You've probably heard that a lot over this site and maybe you have a different understanding of it. It seems good to limit the total PUFAs, although clearly my diet is a bit extreme. Much respect to you for the advice and support.

DrJ

I believe PUFA is more prone to being stored than saturated fats are, meaning that over time the SFA PUFA ratio of the body will not reflect that of the diet. You've probably heard that a lot over this site and maybe you have a different understanding of it.
You're 100% right on the storage preference and good point. I don't deny it, but found in my day to day that getting enough fat in the form of saturated fat was key to keeping the bile and digestion going, and I chose to lean to the side of quality of life issues. I think there is some evidence that the body can gradually remove PUFA (through the lungs) if the liver and other organs are healthy and unburdened. I'm sure everyone is different, but thought it could be a helpful data point if you run into problems. good luck!

cyclops

Also it's important to have carrots or some antibiotic method 2 to 3 times per day if you're eating a large amount of sugar

I thought the carrot salad becomes more important when eating more starch compared to sugar.

Last edited:

biffbelvin

Wow. Do you think raw carrots are equally strong to antibiotics?

They're not, they just have an anti-biotic effect.

You wouldn't really want to have something as powerful as anti-biotics on a permanent basis...

shepherdgirl

Thanks for sharing @Liubo ! I appreciate reading about your diet, because I see that I can add some variety to mine. For instance, you have inspired me to eat some egg white and cukes. I enjoy milk, but sometimes I see other people eating solid food and I really crave it!
That's great that you are warm - a really good sign i think!!
I also appreciate your ideas for work lunches. I could stand to change up my lunch sometimes since I'm usually bringing the same thing every day - insulated travel mugs full of salted/sugared/collagened skim milk (plain or with cold brew and a touch of lowfat) which I throw into the fridge and drink throughout the day, plus maybe an orange or dates or sugar pepsi (if no one steals it!) and some small pieces of hydrogenated refrigerator fudge. I don't feel quite right without some protein. I adore gummy bears, dates, sugar soda, etc. but would need something else.. like the greek yogurt, or maybe i could work in some egg whites... hmmm... Wondering what kind of whipped cream you were using?
Re: gelatin- you might want to try blooming it - i think it's supposed to be better digested, also it dissolves better. A lot of people seem to have problems with unbloomed gelatin.(BTW, not sure but I don't think blooming is necessary or will even work for jello or knox, but it definitely seems to help with great lakes.) I just put a small layer of water in a pan or plate, sprinkle the gelatin on the water, and let it sit maybe five min or so (add water to any dry spots so all the gelatin is wetted and expands). Then add to coffee, etc. Also if you still don't tolerate it - knox, jello, or collagen might be better tolerated.
@DaveFoster - why are carrots necessary when you eat sugar? Is that only for refined sugars, or does it apply to fruits and honey as well? Are these generating endotoxin? Thought that was more of a starch problem, but i guess maybe not... Thx

DaveFoster

chispas

I think Liubo is not eating enough, nor eating very well. Seems like an obscure form of self harm. What is the goal? Was this recommended to you?

You know it is possible to die from experimenting with your diet if you put enough effort into it. The old nutrition books Amazoniac often quotes historicise a few dead scientists that attempted nutritional experiments without enough information.

EndAllDisease

How about some organic cheese tossed in the microwave for a couple minutes.
I got that idea from ray, it's amazing! :)

Also, one thing to do that's important (since all of our food is being poisoned by the billionaire class of people in this world) is to eat defensively.
Aspirin and pure vitamin E at every meal are good ways to defend against food contaminants.

Furthermore, if you're seeking to get healthy, try to have some aspirin floating through your system 24/7 to defend against the radio frequency radiation you're being hit with 24/7. RF's stimulate nitric oxide production and aspirin is a nitric oxide inhibitor; RF's switch off respiration while aspirin stimulates respiration, so its a great way to compensate for this environment we're in.

Amazoniac

How about some organic cheese tossed in the microwave for a couple minutes.
I got that idea from ray, it's amazing! :)

Also, one thing to do that's important (since all of our food is being poisoned by the billionaire class of people in this world) is to eat defensively.
Aspirin and pure vitamin E at every meal are good ways to defend against food contaminants.

Furthermore, if you're seeking to get healthy, try to have some aspirin floating through your system 24/7 to defend against the radio frequency radiation you're being hit with 24/7. RF's stimulate nitric oxide production and aspirin is a nitric oxide inhibitor; RF's switch off respiration while aspirin stimulates respiration, so its a great way to compensate for this environment we're in.
If you eat food as if it is/was contaminated, you're preparing digestion for a poison.
Or the opposite. @Diokine

Mad

I have to stop with the gelatin. Whether it's the fluoride, the endotoxin, the histamine...

Hi,
Are you saying gelatin has fluoride and creates endotoxin and histamine?
I am trying to avoid fluoride (and obviously the other two) and didn't think gelatin would be a big source of this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals