Euphoria after separating food & liquids.

This week I tried an experiment of spacing out my food & liquids at least an hour apart with results that have shocked me. I started Monday and by Wednesday a sense of calm seemed to activate. I had zero bloating after food which usually happened guaranteed by the afternoons. I usually stay away from bread because that’s been a big culprit of digestive problems for me, but I thought hey, let’s try a grilled cheese, I’m feeling good, let’s have it. Absolutely no bloating whatsoever and today ( Friday ) I’ve had really intense euphoric moments drift in and out. I haven’t felt this good for ages. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on here? Is it a stomach acid thing? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Happy trails,

Andrew.

TheSir

Dampening the food with liquids before it continues on to the colon not only reduces the effectiveness of your stomach acid, but also makes it easier for the food to begin to putrefy and ferment during the digestive process. So avoiding liquids would increase nutrition absorption and reduce endotoxin load. You made me interested in trying this too.

OP
D
Dampening the food with liquids before it continues on to the colon not only reduces the effectiveness of your stomach acid, but also makes it easier for the food to begin to putrefy and ferment during the digestive process. So avoiding liquids would increase nutrition absorption and reduce endotoxin load. You made me interested in trying this too.
Dampening the food with liquids before it continues on to the colon not only reduces the effectiveness of your stomach acid, but also makes it easier for the food to begin to putrefy and ferment during the digestive process. So avoiding liquids would increase nutrition absorption and reduce endotoxin load. You made me
Thanks for the reply man. I’d definitely investigate it if you have any digestive issues.

TheSir

Thanks for the reply man. I’d definitely investigate it if you have any digestive issues.
Well I don't really, but I chug a lot of water while eating so it's worth experimenting with anyway :D

Vins7

But if I'm thirsty after a meal, what could I do? Not eating so much salt or sugar in that meal?

Vins7

This week I tried an experiment of spacing out my food & liquids at least an hour apart with results that have shocked me. I started Monday and by Wednesday a sense of calm seemed to activate. I had zero bloating after food which usually happened guaranteed by the afternoons. I usually stay away from bread because that’s been a big culprit of digestive problems for me, but I thought hey, let’s try a grilled cheese, I’m feeling good, let’s have it. Absolutely no bloating whatsoever and today ( Friday ) I’ve had really intense euphoric moments drift in and out. I haven’t felt this good for ages. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on here? Is it a stomach acid thing? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Happy trails,

Andrew.
Do you drink absolutely no liquid one hour before and one hour after meals? If you drink 1 hour later you no longer have the problem of swelling?

OP
D
Do you drink absolutely no liquid one hour before and one hour after meals? If you drink 1 hour later you no longer have the problem of swelling?
Yeah absolutely. I sleep with mouth tape on, which stops me waking up dehydrated. I eat breakfast immediately, wait an hour and then drink liquid of choice. I’ll sip liquids then for the next hour or two and stop an hour before eating etc. I don’t eat any fruit with my meals either because of the juice. I eat that in my liquid window.

TheSir

But if I'm thirsty after a meal, what could I do? Not eating so much salt or sugar in that meal?
Try pre-emptively drinking a lot before the meal. Unlike OP I think there doesn't have to be as much time between liquids and food than food and liquids, because liquids are absorbed much faster.

liam183

Try pre-emptively drinking a lot before the meal. Unlike OP I think there doesn't have to be as much time between liquids and food than food and liquids, because liquids are absorbed much faster.
The liquids may be absorbed more quickly, but your stomach acid will be diluted for around 30 minutes. I've separated water from meals by around 30 minutes and my digestion feels much better

B

Braveheart

This is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned....there are tons of discussions about this on web...makes sense not to dilute stomach acids needed for optimum digestion....maybe a few sips of tea or whatever with teaspoon apple cider vinegar...

OP
D
This is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned....there are tons of discussions about this on web...makes sense not to dilute stomach acids needed for optimum digestion....maybe a few sips of tea or whatever with teaspoon apple cider vinegar...
Is it possible that years of drinking too close to eating solid foods could cause situations like Sibo etc? And if that’s the case by separating the two is it possible to reverse them?

TheSir

The liquids may be absorbed more quickly, but your stomach acid will be diluted for around 30 minutes. I've separated water from meals by around 30 minutes and my digestion feels much better
30 minutes sounds like a sensible time. I don't think there is a need to go a full hour before eating.

Is it possible that years of drinking too close to eating solid foods could cause situations like Sibo etc? And if that’s the case by separating the two is it possible to reverse them?
I wouldn't deem it impossible. For what it's worth, after the first day of trying this, I woke up with zero morning breath or white coating on the tongue, both of which are usually present. I had not even brushed my teeth and had drank four beers before going to the bed. Definitely going to be experimenting further with this.

Last edited:

ursidae

I've been doing this for a long time, along with eating everything separately/good combining (especially avoiding starch-meat combinations) has alleviated a lot of issues

I started off with severe digestive problems and this is what i've arrived at to minimise bloating and pain

1. drinking most of my liquids in the morning, I drink this slowly, taking small sips
• 1 litre of coconut water
• 500 ml of vegetable juice (predominantly cucumber)
• as much warm water as I desire

waiting half an hour

2. having a meal of fruits
I almost always go for a mono meal, and if combined I avoid combination of juicy and starchy fruits like orange+pear/banana

wait 40-50 minutes
3. meal of well cooked white sweet potatoes, chewing everything thoroughly, making sure to salivate

4. another meal of sweet potatoes

wait 3 or more hours until I have my animal protein for the day

5. meat and fat meal with some lemon juice, salt, olive oil

ideally, 10 hours of fasting until my morning water

Im still tinkering through as it might be best to have the meat at noon when stomach acid is strongest yet the influx of fat in the bloodstream may cause blood sugar issues with the carbs that are to be eaten later in the day, and this regiment has not been very good for my liver glycogen/sleep. Stomach is flat though and it's the least problematic for digestion

Happy trails,

Andrew.
I use that same strategy and don't get the bloat I use to get having milk or other liquids with meals. I keep solids seperated from liquds and my digesting is better than ever because of it.

SamYo123

I use that same strategy and don't get the bloat I use to get having milk or other liquids with meals. I keep solids seperated from liquds and my digesting is better than ever because of it.
So how you cosuming meat without coffee to block the iron?

TheSir

and this regiment has not been very good for my liver glycogen/sleep.
Eating meat on the last meal of the day, especially without a sufficient amount of carbs, will most definitely lead to a poor glycogen-depleted sleep for me. I'm sure that you will find reserving the last meal of the day for starches much more conducive to a good night of sleep. I personally get the best sleep when I eat a small bowl of rice just before the bed. Just enough to supply you with some glucose without turning your digestion on so much that your sleep quality will suffer.

So how you cosuming meat without coffee to block the iron?
I generally don't eat meat anymore, and when I do I sip on an espresso before my meal, or while making it, like my liver taco, and take the last gulp after the meal.

T

tca300

A meal can take up to 5 hours before leaving your stomach completely. Waiting 1 hour likely would have no effect as much of the food would still be in there. What might make a difference is the temperature of the liquid consumed with the food. Drinking a cold liquid with a starchy meal would modify the starch making it less digestible. If I remember correctly the Chinese have been saying for a very long time that drinking hot liquids with food improves digestion while cold liquid hinders good digestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom