Libido. A Good Or Bad Sympton

Wombat

Hi all

Followed ray for a long time now. He is so fascinating.
One thing he talked about which was a major light bulb moment for me, was he mentioned something about libido being a sign of high estrogen or something along those lines.

This seemed to fit well with puberty, cells differentiating etc

So we have a cell or life form that is changing, adapting becoming more complex... but after too much irritation it decides to create a new life form in maybe the hope that this next one can overcome.

pretty cool

Progesterone = lower estrogen = lower libido
Beer = higher estrogen = Higher libido
N = 1

ddjd

this is a really interesting topic for me also. When my estrogen (and total testosterone) is very low, my libido is gone. But from a peat perspective im guessing low estrogen is very good. still trying to figure it out...

DaveFoster

Neither. The sexual reflex has many components, only one of which as the libido.

Libido is a good sign. When health is poor the body focuses on other issues and it lowers libido.

A low libido is a sign of something wrong.

However not a crazy nervous libido. Just a kind of background sexual interest humming along is healthy. The crazy nervous kind is an imbalance.

michael94

I like curezone, learned a lot there... Different types of discussions and very "cleanse" focused which can be damaging for many people who ignore the bioenergetics... but nice place nonetheless

OP
W

Wombat

Male, last time i just checked.
Anyway it's a good thing to probably ask ray next time someone gets a chance.

It's just interesting that a lot of people have used this as an indication of good health. But I'm more inclined to look at it as high estrogen and also when your down, a search for dopamine.
Before puberty..... best state of health and no interest in sex
After puberty..... The interest starts
When does puberty kick in ?

I'm not sure what people believe here but I was under the impression that it was more optimal not to reach puberty until a later age. Maybe this is reaching but the body is becoming more complex and I thought likely to live a longer age, smarter etc.

But like DaveFoster said maybe it can be either, neither.....

griesburner

Before puberty..... best state of health and no interest in sex
After puberty..... The interest starts

i think thats thought is too simple. Otherwise you could argue that most teens during puberty have very strong libido compared to older people, but teens a generally more healthy. I remember during puberty i had very strong sex drive and was very resilient to stressors compared to now 10-14 years later during my late 20s i have near zero libido but are very prone to stress. And everytime now and then when i have a day when my libido is strong i feel much better. More energy, calmer and so on. So i think good libido = good sign of health. Think of very old people, they typically have zero libido. Not only kids before puberty.

Lolinaa

@griesburner: me too, when I am stressed I have zero interest in sex or seduction while when I feel great, sexy, I tend to to think more about sex. For me sex, beauty and general well being tend to be one package.

griesburner

And evolutionary it wouldnt make any sense to me that the healthiest people with the best metabolism had the lowest libido. I think when ill people have zero libido it could be a protection that those will not reproduce so much.

Glassy

I think libido means different things to people. I suspect that when we compare our libido we tend to compare it to when our libido was at its ‘height’ (ie usually during puberty). We always wanted it, rarely got it and we got it was it was relatively unsatisfying (generalising a little here). Regardless of how unsatisfying it was, we still view this insatiable drive as optimal because for many of us we were also in a relatively healthy state (compared to what eventuated) and your gear operated pretty well (if not a little too quickly).

This reference point is obviously very individual. I found that in my early 30s with 2 young children I was quite happy with intercourse 2-3 times a week with a fap or 2 in between. When I started keto I noticed my drive increased and I had better quality erections. At the time I put it down to an increase in saturated fat helping with hormone production but at the same time I also significantly reduced PUFAs by avoiding processed foods.

Since peating I’ve noticed other changes and since my mind has been focussed on estrogen, testosterone and cortisol, I tend to associate these changes with perceived changes in these hormones. The desire for sex is there every second day (by the 3rd day is quite strong) and I’m starting to enjoy the feeling of walking around with a loaded weapon. The need for relief has largely gone and has been replaced with a sense of ‘I’m locked and loaded’. It’s taken me a while to appreciate this change as initially I thought it was a drop in libido. I’ve also recently developed a liking for wearing boxers instead of briefs and I don’t know why. I feel like they need to dangle rather than being held securely. I’ve always thought boxers were better but never felt comfortable wearing them.

Vinero

It's good to have an intense libido and satisfying orgasms. This is a sign of high testosterone, high dopamine, and low serotonin.

Fractality

In my experience, a high libido is a good sign IF it can be satisfied adequately with sex. I'm a male. A high sexual drive that cannot be quenched is a sign of estrogen, if I recall Peat correctly.

Luckytype

It's good to have an intense libido and satisfying orgasms. This is a sign of high testosterone, high dopamine, and low serotonin.
In my experience, a high libido is a good sign IF it can be satisfied adequately with sex. I'm a male. A high sexual drive that cannot be quenched is a sign of estrogen, if I recall Peat correctly.

Whats balance here with sex drive and good dopamine levels vs estrogen?

My libido is slowly recovering but my thyroid is crappy so my prolactin is high. Performance and erection quality is fine.

What do you guys think?

Glassy

Whats balance here with sex drive and good dopamine levels vs estrogen?

My libido is slowly recovering but my thyroid is crappy so my prolactin is high. Performance and erection quality is fine.

What do you guys think?
Time for a blood test? I reckon I’m about due for one

Luckytype

Time for a blood test? I reckon I’m about due for one

I have followup bloodwork in a week or so IIRC. What should I be sure to help determine whats discussed here?

Glassy

I have followup bloodwork in a week or so IIRC. What should I be sure to help determine whats discussed here?

Well you suspect high prolactin which also tends to correspond with high tissue estrogen (should be reflected in a high estrone e1 level). High estrogen also tends to increase sex drive.

When you say follow up, how long ago was your previous test and how were you feeling back then?

Have you been stressed recently?

Luckytype

Well you suspect high prolactin which also tends to correspond with high tissue estrogen (should be reflected in a high estrone e1 level). High estrogen also tends to increase sex drive.

When you say follow up, how long ago was your previous test and how were you feeling back then?

Have you been stressed recently?

I had a prolactin level of 18.2 in Jan, after 3 dissmissive docs, i finally played the game and got what i had been suspecting. I felt low and crappy, I still feel the same. Im awaiting thyroid so i can begin taper onto it.

The most recent idiot agreed to followup bloodwork though.

To be frank, i think they will flat out say no to anything E related(as if its so far fetched) but I could certainly ask.

I havent been stressed really, my days are quite simple. Walks, feeding, anything work related is simple.

Ive been doing charcoal and carrots for about the past year or so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals