Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

miquelangeles

interesting. Hopefully its not too powerful, doesnt seem to be at least from this study :p

also, I just skimmed the thread, did anyone post studies showing WBM lowering blood Estradiol levels?

In the WBM trial on prostate cancer patients they say
We did not detect any effect of mushroom powder therapy on testosterone, DHT, or DHEA levels
No mention of blood estradiol levels.

Ismail

I also salt mine and add some Mexican oregano and thyme, and it makes it delicious.
When you blend them in the food processor/blender, do you add water first and then blend them with the water? Or do you blend them dry? (ie as is)

Thanks ?

OP
ecstatichamster
When you blend them in the food processor/blender, do you add water first and then blend them with the water? Or do you blend them dry? (ie as is)

Thanks ?
After I sautée them, I add water and spices and salt.

Ismail

After I sautée them, I add water and spices and salt.
I meant at the beginning buddy, when you put them in the food processor so that they are chopped into fine pieces - do you put them into the food processor/blender without anything else or do you add water too and then blend them in the food processor? Hope this makes sense, apologies for the confusion.

Ismail

I made some last night

I cut the bottom of the mushroom stems off, and then grind the mushrooms in a food processor. A knife doesnt' cut small enough pieces. I literally grind so each mushroom piece is the size of a grain of gravel or sand. This increases surface area.
I was referring to this post - do you grind with water or without water?

miquelangeles

@miquelangeles @Mauritio @Makrosky
So how to cook them? Grind in coffee grinder / chop finely (?) and then boil for 3-4 hours? Or grind / chop finely and then put in pressure cooker for 3 hours? Or mix of both (boiling and then pressure cooker)?
I slice them thinly and boil for 3-4 hours on high heat, and refill the pot with hot water a few times if it evaporates too much.
But as far as I know the agaritine simply goes into the boiling water, you can't really get rid of it completely.
I'm sure different cooking methods will give different ratios of bioactives and therefore somewhat different biological effects.
The way I cook them now, they feel very anti-androgenic. Maybe just a small amount is better, I think @ecstatichamster said 1 TBSP of pressure cooked ground WBM is a very potent dose. The amount I am consuming is the equivalent of 250-300grams fresh WBM in one serving, so that might be too much, especially if it's cooked and extracted for a long time.

VitoScaletta

I slice them thinly and boil for 3-4 hours on high heat, and refill the pot with hot water a few times if it evaporates too much.
But as far as I know the agaritine simply goes into the boiling water, you can't really get rid of it completely.
I'm sure different cooking methods will give different ratios of bioactives and therefore somewhat different biological effects.
The way I cook them now, they feel very anti-androgenic. Maybe just a small amount is better, I think @ecstatichamster said 1 TBSP of pressure cooked ground WBM is a very potent dose. The amount I am consuming is the equivalent of 250-300grams fresh WBM in one serving, so that might be too much, especially if it's cooked and extracted for a long time.
Thanks sir.

@ecstatichamster how long do you cook it in the pressure cooker?

Makrosky

You don’t do this anymore? ?

If so, how come? (I hope you don’t mind me asking)
I don't mind at all mate. The reason is very simple : I forgot about it. I used it back in the day to try to lower my skyrocketed estrogen, but at some point I decided the best thing to do was to stop everything and let the body recover by itself. Then I forgot until the thread was resurrected and I am going to try it again soon.

Makrosky

miquelàngel, this seems very concerning. Agaritine is a known carcinogen. I thought agaritine and hydrazine were both destroyed by cooking at high temps. Didn't someone else addressed this on the thread already?

Edit: the wikipedia says agaritine is degraded when cooked (90%). The question is to what it degrades.

Last edited:

Ismail

I don't mind at all mate. The reason is very simple : I forgot about it. I used it back in the day to try to lower my skyrocketed estrogen, but at some point I decided the best thing to do was to stop everything and let the body recover by itself. Then I forgot until the thread was resurrected and I am going to try it again soon.
Thanks buddy, much appreciated ?

B

BRBsavinWorld

So it's difficult to say what it is. But I have found great "male health" benefits from these puppies.

I chop and sautee 1 pound of white mushrooms, then about 5 or 10 minutes later, cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes, which equals over 2 hours of cooking.

I've been using about 2 to 4 tablespoons a day. About 1/5 of a pound each day in equivalent fresh shrooms.

I still have a carrot each day.

I have noticed very positive libido and erection improvements (and both are normally VERY good anyway) and I think it's the shrooms.

I am not really used to it yet. A bit more gas at times. But I sense this will settle down into a great routine.

I am having more bowel movements. I eat the mushrooms with potatoes (well cooked) and ketchup and a little coconut oil and it taste GREAT. Mushrooms don't have much flavor but they have a ton of umami.

I think my gut is adopting to this and I think the anti-aromatization effect is striking.
They have the consistency of noodles, which I love. this post encourages me to eat way more than I have been a day. Thanks!

Ismail

I can't find the quote or something like someone sharing info from an email about Ray saying that mushrooms don't actually need to be covered when you cook them to kill hydrazine. I swear I have read it somewhere. It would be handy because I just want to put mushrooms in my pressure cooked oxtail without much extra effort.

Ah, here it is.

"I contacted Ray regarding the need to put a lid on the pot when cooking mushrooms. He said the hydrazine is mostly destroyed by heat and so it does not matter whether or not you use a lid on the pot. Being able to use a lid means you will use a lot less heat and won’t need to have the extractor fan going for 3 hours."

how I prep mushrooms and why it’s worth the bother | The Nutrition Coach
Thank you, this was extremely helpful, especially the linked article ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals