Effect Of Mushrooms On Fecal Matter Weight - After Raw Carrots Didn't Do It Anymore

julcreutz

Raw carrots didn't do it anymore in terms of promoting a daily bowel movement. So I decided to try out white button mushrooms and the effects are stunning: my fecal matter weight increased multiple-fold.

My bowel movements went from once a day (relatively small, sometimes harder to pass) to multiple times a day (quite a lot, easy to pass).

I'm wondering if this is good or bad. It definitely feels satisfying and just "right" to poop multiple times a day like this, but I'm wondering if this causes intestinal inflammation. Maybe my brain is still locked in the carnivore "fiber is not a nutrient" dogma, idk.

Anyone have experience with this?

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Every now and again I think Ray Peat is just trolling to give people weird neuroses about their poop and heart rate. Passing more quickly is generally good because it means stuff isn't putrefying in your intestines. If it passes too quickly you'll notice discoloration, otherwise more is generally better

OP
J

julcreutz

Yes, they work like this for me too. They are very good, and taste great.

Indeed, they do taste pretty good!

Every now and again I think Ray Peat is just trolling to give people weird neuroses about their poop and heart rate. Passing more quickly is generally good because it means stuff isn't putrefying in your intestines. If it passes too quickly you'll notice discoloration, otherwise more is generally better

Well, I find poop to be an incredible biomarker of health.

M

metabolizm

That sounds amazing. What else do you eat?

Fast transit time and fecal bulk is definitely a good thing. It can be hard to achieve that on a low fibre diet.

Last edited by a moderator:

YourUniverse

Poop is weird. I feel better with faster, looser movements, but too fast is a sign of adrenaline, isn't it? Warriors on the eve of battle pooped themselves in fear for example. Poop should be easy, full, well digested, and regular but probably not too fast and definitely not too slow.

OP
J

julcreutz

How do you prepare them?

I just boil them in a pot for about 25-30 minutes. Delicious.

That sounds amazing. What else do you eat?

Fast transit time and fecal bulk is definitely a good thing. It can be hard to achieve that on a low fibre diet.

Yeah! My diet is pretty basic. Sweet potatoes, beef, beef liver, mushrooms and sometimes fruit. Sadly can't do dairy.

M

metabolizm

I just boil them in a pot for about 25-30 minutes. Delicious.

Yeah! My diet is pretty basic. Sweet potatoes, beef, beef liver, mushrooms and sometimes fruit. Sadly can't do dairy.

Why can't you eat dairy? What happens?

I'm curious because I'm also having to confront the painful possibility that I'm not able to tolerate it either.

OP
J

julcreutz

Why can't you eat dairy? What happens?

I'm curious because I'm also having to confront the painful possibility that I'm not able to tolerate it either.

It changes my digestion and feels like a rock in my stomach

Back
Top Bottom