Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

miquelangeles

@Mauritio @miquelangeles it was discussed in the thread that if you boil the shrooms, taking either:
- the water
- the pieces
- or both

Can have different effects.
Yes. Also the harvesting age seems to matter significantly too.

This study has been posted before:

Different varieties were compared and "stuffing mushroom" was found to have the strongest AI effect. Twice as strong as baby button mushrooms.
"Stuffing mushroom" is identified as Agaricus bisporus too, which means it's the mature stage commonly used for stuffed recipes.
They identify "Italian brown mushroom" as Pleurotus, which I think is a mistake. Italian brown is the brown version of Agaricus bisporus.

Figure-2.jpg

Mauritio

So i tried the white button mushrooms today again . Almost immediately got a BM, when in the last days i was always constipated towards the evening. Mood seems better,too.
I cooked them for 3-3,5h , and only took a teaspoon !
Before I usually ate 100g ,cooked for 1-1,5h ,with no immediate benefit . So it seems the 3+ h really do make a difference.
I'm intrigued .

Anybody know where to find peats newsletter on white button mushrooms? I couldn't find it in the archive.

miquelangeles

So i tried the white button mushrooms today again . Almost immediately got a BM, when in the last days i was always constipated towards the evening. Mood seems better,too.
I cooked them for 3-3,5h , and only took a teaspoon !
Before I usually ate 100g ,cooked for 1-1,5h ,with no immediate benefit . So it seems the 3+ h really do make a difference.
I'm intrigued .

Anybody know where to find peats newsletter on white button mushrooms? I couldn't find it in the archive.

Not sure about the newsletter but thenutritioncoach.com.au posted a collection of quotes from Ray about mushrooms here, although you've probably seen it already:
thenutritioncoach.com.au/anti-ageing/how-i-prep-mushrooms-and-why-its-worth-the-bother/

1 teaspoon sounds like a really low dose. But ecstatichamster was talking about something similar I think, in the range of a tablespoon. I think the fact that he used a pressure cooker makes it even more effective.
It's probably not a matter of "extraction", but rather the conversion of existing substances into something more bioactive through prolonged boiling or increased temperature. Pressure cookers can reach a temperature of 120 Celsius. I'll try it with my next batch.
I boiled the first batch (one that I found most effective) on very high and high heat (refilling the pot with hot water a few times). Rationale was to boil out the agaritine/hydrazine as much as possible.
But the following 3 batches I cooked them on low/medium heat and I haven't found them as potent as the first one. Definitely need to try pressure cooking them next.

Mauritio

Not sure about the newsletter but thenutritioncoach.com.au posted a collection of quotes from Ray about mushrooms here, although you've probably seen it already:
thenutritioncoach.com.au/anti-ageing/how-i-prep-mushrooms-and-why-its-worth-the-bother/
Thanks, I'll check that out.
1 teaspoon sounds like a really low dose. But ecstatichamster was talking about something similar I think, in the range of a tablespoon. I think the fact that he used a pressure cooker makes it even more effective.
Like I said before I ate a 100g without noticing much positives.
I think it was the cooking time and the thoroughly cutting that helped.
but rather the conversion of existing substances into something more bioactive through prolonged boiling or increased temperature
That sounds interesting, any sources for that?

miquelangeles

Nucleotides could account at least for some of the biological effects.

sci-hub.se/https://ifst.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2011.02592.x

miquelangeles

Forgot to add that since I added WBM daily I'm having dreams with complex plots every night and I remember them the next day in detail. Not nightmares. And despite all this dreaming I'm sleeping better and feeling more rested.

miquelangeles

Anecdotally, a lot of people report vivid dreams or increased dream recall when supplementing with uridine.

nucleic-acids.jpg

Chophouse360

So literally just the mushrooms at the store that say “white mushrooms”? Also can I just sauté them in a pan?

supercoolguy

So people are boiling WBM for TWO to THREE Hours??
Holy Canoli.
I thought 45min was just right? They do seem to change by then. Water turns dark ect.

Mauritio

Anecdotally, a lot of people report vivid dreams or increased dream recall when supplementing with uridine.

View attachment 28318
So 100g of WBM contain 362mg of uridine , that's a proper dose . If you take just 10 or 20g that's still a "microdose" of uridine. Although they say that's from the extract, whatever that means ?

miquelangeles

So 100g of WBM contain 362mg of uridine , that's a proper dose . If you take just 10 or 20g that's still a "microdose" of uridine. Although they say that's from the extract, whatever that means ?

It's from this paper in Korean: koreascience.or.kr/article/JAKO201006652483053.pdf

Sounds like a laboratory technique initially by enzymatic hydrolysis and heating. It's not clear what amounts were used and neither the volume of the resulting supernatant liquid. But I don't see why proper doses wouldn't be released through the prolonged boiling method.

Abstract
To determine the nucleic acids, mushroom extracts were extracted in hot water at 90℃ by reflux extraction for 1 hr. Then, the extracts were hydrolyzed by enzymes RP-1G and 50000G. The HPLC conditions were simple, rapid, and sensitive, and were applicable for the analysis of 4 nucleosides (cytidine, uridine, guanosine and inosine) and 3 mono-nucleotides(5'-CMP, 5'-UMP, and 5'-IMP) in the mushrooms.

From Google Translate:
1. Materials and Reagents
Oyster mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, and enoki mushrooms used in the experiment were purchased from a large discount mart. It was crushed and used as a powder. Freeze-dried mushroom powder at -70℃. After freeze-drying the mushrooms stored frozen at -65℃, 5 torr for 1 day using a freeze dryer (FDU-8603, Operon, Gyeonggido, Korea). It was pulverized with a pulverizer (MCH-602, Dongyang Magic, Korea). nucleus Enzymes RP-1G and 50000G for acid analysis are AMANO (AMANO Enzyme Inc., Japan), and other reagents were Junsei chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan) product was used. HPLC analytical reagents potassium phosphate monobasic (KH2PO4,≥99%), tetrabutylammoniumhydroxide (TBA,≥98%), phosphoric acid (H3PO4) and Standard substances (cytidine, uridine, adenosine, guanosine, inosine, 5'-CMP, 5'-UMP, 5'-GMP) was purchased from Sigma-Aldrich Co. (USA) and used

2. Enzymatic digestion method for nucleic acid analysis 0.1 N hydrochloric acid solution (HCl) in each mushroom suspension. After adding and mixing to adjust the pH to 5.0, RP-1G 0.2% (w/v) added. After reacting this solution at 70℃ for 3 hours or more, 0.1 adjust the pH to 5.6 with N NaOH aqueous solution and then 50000 G 0.2% (w/v) was added. This solution was again heated at 45 °C for at least 1 hour.
After the reaction, heat treatment was performed at 90° C. for 15 minutes. heat-treated 15,000×g after cooling in cold water for 15 minutes to cool
After centrifugation at (4℃, 10 min), the supernatant was filtered through a membrane filter.
(0.45 μm) was used for HPLC analysis after filtration.

Mauritio

Nucleotides could account at least for some of the biological effects.

sci-hub.se/https://ifst.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2011.02592.x
Can you send me the pubmed link ? I can't open this one for some reason .
It's from this paper in Korean: koreascience.or.kr/article/JAKO201006652483053.pdf

Sounds like a laboratory technique initially by enzymatic hydrolysis and heating. It's not clear what amounts were used and neither the volume of the resulting supernatant liquid. But I don't see why proper doses wouldn't be released through the prolonged boiling method.

From Google Translate:
I think so too .

miquelangeles

Can you send me the pubmed link ? I can't open this one for some reason .

I think so too .

They compared boiling vs autoclaving (115 Celsius) vs microwaving and measured the variations in the ratios of nucleotides, ketones, amino acids, volatiles and sugars.

We can approximate autoclaving with pressure cooking, since the temperatures are very similar.

Looks like pressure cooking yields higher content of ketones (more than double). I wonder how bioactive those can be.

Microwaving seems to preserve 2x more nucleotides compared to boiling or autoclaving.

Mauritio

They compared boiling vs autoclaving (115 Celsius) vs microwaving and measured the variations in the ratios of nucleotides, ketones, amino acids, volatiles and sugars.

We can approximate autoclaving with pressure cooking, since the temperatures are very similar.

Looks like pressure cooking yields higher content of ketones (more than double). I wonder how bioactive those can be.

Microwaving seems to preserve 2x more nucleotides compared to boiling or autoclaving.
Thanks !

Mauritio

Update after 1 week:

I often wake up after 6 or 7 hours of sleep and have nightmares almost everyday.
If I eat something I can go back to sleep for another few hours .
My tongue thrush is getting less ,jock itch getting less and muscles seem fuller .

I feel like the mushrooms are exposing my poor liver function and /or increasing metabolism, so my glycogen doesnt last throughout the night anymore.
The moment were I ran out of glycogen seems to be when the nightmare starts.

ddjd

So it's difficult to say what it is. But I have found great "male health" benefits from these puppies.

I chop and sautee 1 pound of white mushrooms, then about 5 or 10 minutes later, cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes, which equals over 2 hours of cooking.

I've been using about 2 to 4 tablespoons a day. About 1/5 of a pound each day in equivalent fresh shrooms.

I still have a carrot each day.

I have noticed very positive libido and erection improvements (and both are normally VERY good anyway) and I think it's the shrooms.

I am not really used to it yet. A bit more gas at times. But I sense this will settle down into a great routine.

I am having more bowel movements. I eat the mushrooms with potatoes (well cooked) and ketchup and a little coconut oil and it taste GREAT. Mushrooms don't have much flavor but they have a ton of umami.

I think my gut is adopting to this and I think the anti-aromatization effect is striking.
thanks for this, im going to try it and will report back

miquelangeles

Update after 1 week:

I often wake up after 6 or 7 hours of sleep and have nightmares almost everyday.
If I eat something I can go back to sleep for another few hours .
My tongue thrush is getting less ,jock itch getting less and muscles seem fuller .

I feel like the mushrooms are exposing my poor liver function and /or increasing metabolism, so my glycogen doesnt last throughout the night anymore.
The moment were I ran out of glycogen seems to be when the nightmare starts.

Are they always nightmares?
Since starting WBM I have long, vivid and meaningful dreams every single night. You can find similar anecdotes on the web about WBM.
I actually look forward to it every night, and I have my last serving of WBM just before bedtime for this reason. Ray's quote also mentions "at bedtime, they work almost like the antihistamines".
I had a two day break from it and the dreams continued on those days too. I am consuming the equivalent of 350 grams raw WBM per day, divided in two servings.

Mauritio

Are they always nightmares?
Since starting WBM I have long, vivid and meaningful dreams every single night. You can find similar anecdotes on the web about WBM.
I actually look forward to it every night, and I have my last serving of WBM just before bedtime for this reason. Ray's quote also mentions "at bedtime, they work almost like the antihistamines".
I had a two day break from it and the dreams continued on those days too. I am consuming the equivalent of 350 grams raw WBM per day, divided in two servings.
No they start out as normal ,pleasant dreams, but become nightmares. I suspect when I'm running out of glycogen.
350g ? Lol I'm still at one teaspoon .
How long do you cook them ?

miquelangeles

No they start out as normal ,pleasant dreams, but become nightmares. I suspect when I'm running out of glycogen.
350g ? Lol I'm still at one teaspoon .
How long do you cook them ?
Probably, yes.
Sometimes when under stress or if I skip dinner, I also get nightmares or wake up between 3am - 5am with low glycogen.
A peaty glass of sugared milk quickly puts me back to sleep, but I noticed that too much of it causes me to sleep in, which I don't like.
Eventually I figured out the timing and amount of carbohydrate/calories at dinner in order to get the cortisol spike between 7am-8am.
350g may sound a lot but you know how they reduce to nothing almost, when cooked.
I boil them 3 to 4 hours, but chopped in a food processor and pressure cooked is probably better. I'm temporarily away from home and I haven't bothered to buy another pressure cooker.
They are amazing for gut transit. Never in my life did I have so satisfying BMs lol. The carrot salad never worked for me.

Mauritio

350g may sound a lot but you know how they reduce to nothing almost, when cooked.
True . I was referring to one tea spoon for the cooked shrooms . No idea how much raw mushrooms that would equate to...
The carrot salad never worked for me
Same. It just constipated me. At least the wbm does something ... we'll see if it works long term .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals