Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

VitoScaletta

I slice them thinly and boil for 3-4 hours on high heat, and refill the pot with hot water a few times if it evaporates too much.
But as far as I know the agaritine simply goes into the boiling water, you can't really get rid of it completely.
I'm sure different cooking methods will give different ratios of bioactives and therefore somewhat different biological effects.
The way I cook them now, they feel very anti-androgenic. Maybe just a small amount is better, I think @ecstatichamster said 1 TBSP of pressure cooked ground WBM is a very potent dose. The amount I am consuming is the equivalent of 250-300grams fresh WBM in one serving, so that might be too much, especially if it's cooked and extracted for a long time.
Are you still eating the WBM? How are you feeling on it?
Do you still feel the anti-androgenic effect from them?

miquelangeles

Are you still eating the WBM? How are you feeling on it?
Do you still feel the anti-androgenic effect from them?

Over the last couple of months I've been using only the largest, mature white mushrooms I could find (basically not buttons), after reading that study showing the highest anti-aromatase activity in mature ones. But they seem to give me no benefits, only side effects. Last year I had very positive and consistent effects, and the only difference is that I was using button mushrooms instead. This week I'm planning to try the smallest baby button mushrooms I can find.

VitoScaletta

Over the last couple of months I've been using only the largest, mature white mushrooms I could find (basically not buttons), after reading that study showing the highest anti-aromatase activity in mature ones. But they seem to give me no benefits, only side effects. Last year I had very positive and consistent effects, and the only difference is that I was using button mushrooms instead. This week I'm planning to try the smallest baby button mushrooms I can find.
Do you still cut them thinly? I've been thinking about this and I think it doesn't allow the toxins in the mushroom (forget their names..) to leach into the water and out of the mushroom. Maybe you get the side-effects from the toxins?

Also do you eat them with coconut oil, like carrot salad?

L

Lord Cola

White button mushrooms aren't as effective at absorbing toxins and promoting peristalsis as raw carrots, but they seem to be good for lowering estrogen. Eating mushrooms for this estrogen lowering effect - maximizing absorption by grinding it to a paste - with a high Ca:P ratio food and some fat, while also eating carrots every day (rather than replacing carrots with mushrooms) to improve and maintain gut health, could be a good approach for good digestion and lowering estrogen.

Mushroom paste wouldn't be as good at increasing peristalsis as bigger pieces of mushrooms, but I didn't notice much increase in peristalsis from eating mushrooms anyway, and increasing the estrogen-lowering effect by grinding it finely might be more beneficial as long as you eat the daily carrot or other good insoluble fiber sources.

I don't know if it's risky to eat say a cup of carrot salad and a cup of mushrooms every day. Maybe that's too much fiber? I would be interested to hear if anyone thinks there are potential risks to eating this much carrot and mushroom.

Ray Peat also mentioned in a recent interview that he had both carrots and mushrooms on the same day.

View: https://youtu.be/kwynlIkJ4tU?t=4150

Last edited by a moderator:

miquelangeles

If I consume WBM more than two days in a row I experience negative effects.
When consuming large mature white mushrooms I experience mostly negative effects.
I suspect the 5-ar inhibition is more pronounced with mature mushrooms as well as when consuming button mushrooms for several days in a row.
The harvesting stage seems to be important.
The sterol and fatty acid composition changes significantly after cap opening. Baby buttons are best in my experience.
The peel has by far the highest amount of bioactives, followed by the stalk.
For a while I was peeling them and then I realized I wasn't getting the same effects as before.
Few months ago I mentioned that WBM at bedtime give intense vivid dreams (not nightmares).
This usually happens only if the peels are not removed. Peels are high in 5-HTP.
I have tried boiled WBM peels alone before bedtime and they cause vivid dreams.

miquelangeles

wbm-indole-compounds.jpg

wbm-phenolic-compounds.jpg

Svdmeere

Update after 1 week:

I often wake up after 6 or 7 hours of sleep and have nightmares almost everyday.
If I eat something I can go back to sleep for another few hours .
My tongue thrush is getting less ,jock itch getting less and muscles seem fuller .

I feel like the mushrooms are exposing my poor liver function and /or increasing metabolism, so my glycogen doesnt last throughout the night anymore.
The moment were I ran out of glycogen seems to be when the nightmare starts.
Hi, I am experiencing the exact same side-effect (besides the many positive ones!). How exactly did you manange it? Was it something of passing nature (after how many weeks?)? Or did you have to lower your daily/weekly dose (temporarily?)?
Thank you!

Mauritio

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same side-effect (besides the many positive ones!). How exactly did you manange it? Was it something of passing nature (after how many weeks?)? Or did you have to lower your daily/weekly dose (temporarily?)?
Thank you!
I stopped. I didnt work for me.

reality

If I consume WBM more than two days in a row I experience negative effects.
When consuming large mature white mushrooms I experience mostly negative effects.
I suspect the 5-ar inhibition is more pronounced with mature mushrooms as well as when consuming button mushrooms for several days in a row.
The harvesting stage seems to be important.
The sterol and fatty acid composition changes significantly after cap opening. Baby buttons are best in my experience.
The peel has by far the highest amount of bioactives, followed by the stalk.
For a while I was peeling them and then I realized I wasn't getting the same effects as before.
Few months ago I mentioned that WBM at bedtime give intense vivid dreams (not nightmares).
This usually happens only if the peels are not removed. Peels are high in 5-HTP.
I have tried boiled WBM peels alone before bedtime and they cause vivid dreams.

I think the dreams are an effect from acetylcholine, as a lot of mushrooms can inhibit acetylcholine breakdown

Healthseeker

I made a good food the other day. Which was diced calf liver and diced white mushrooms fried well in a skillet of butter. As filling for a fold style omelets. No cheese just mushroom liver egg salt pepper.

PeatReader

I chop and sautee 1 pound of white mushrooms, then about 5 or 10 minutes later, cook in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes, which equals over 2 hours of cooking.
I've been using about 2 to 4 tablespoons a day. About 1/5 of a pound each day in equivalent fresh shrooms.
I have noticed very positive libido and erection improvements (and both are normally VERY good anyway) and I think it's the shrooms.
Are you still doing this @ecstatichamster ? Do you still get the libido/erection enhancing effects?

PeatReader

I have not. I find too much kills erections One or two tablespoons is good but I don’t bother these days. Maybe I will start again.

Can you elaborate a little more on why you stopped? Was there a cumulative effect where having even small amounts regularly eventually lead to worse erections or something? Or you don't need the extra help, and if so are you doing something else for good libido/erections?

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals