For about 2 weeks I achieved a great stability in my diet by only eating:

-milk
-pineapple juice
-orange juice
-bone broth
-lean meat, usually red
-canned tomato or tomato paste
-liver and oysters 1x/week~

Then I added in creatine for about 5 days, everything was still fine.

THEN I added in white rice. There was basically just a calorie swap from milk to white rice. Small portions. I'd just cook 1 cup of dry rice and split that into 3 meals for the day. I still drank a considerable amount of milk, probably a half gallon/day instead of a full gallon.

It's been like, again about 5 days on white rice and I just realized how sensitive basically all of my teeth have become. I don't know if it's a bacteria swap or what, but it's definitely uncomfortable.

Only other thing I could say is that my skin is starting to feel marginally sticky all the time, but that's probably in my head.

No other lifestyle habits have been changed during this time, either. 100% sure it's the white rice.

TheSir

Leave it out and see if the situation improves. If not, it could be from acidity in the juices.

OP
Twohandsondeck
If not, it could be from acidity in the juices.

Ah yeah, thanks for bringing this up. The juices and tomato paste are definitely more impactful now, but that hasn't been an issue until the rice introduction. As a part of the consistency of the whole thing, I've used a mouthful of milk or just quickly brushed my teeth with bar soap to great success in order to prevent acidic residue. The bar soap still works pretty well, but the milk rinsing not as much.

orewashin

Ah yeah, thanks for bringing this up. The juices and tomato paste are definitely more impactful now, but that hasn't been an issue until the rice introduction. As a part of the consistency of the whole thing, I've used a mouthful of milk or just quickly brushed my teeth with bar soap to great success in order to prevent acidic residue. The bar soap still works pretty well, but the milk rinsing not as much.
I rinse with baking soda, then rinse again with water, and I still get canker sores from that somehow. I couldn’t imagine brushing with baking soda or soap, would be so caustic.

Tooth sensitivity is usually from prolonged exposure to acids. Keep your meals short. Also consider how much calcium you have in your diet, which drinking less milk may have reduced.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I rinse with baking soda, then rinse again with water, and I still get canker sores from that somehow. I couldn’t imagine brushing with baking soda or soap, would be so caustic.

Tooth sensitivity is usually from prolonged exposure to acids. Keep your meals short. Also consider how much calcium you have in your diet, which drinking less milk may have reduced.

It's funny you mention that because for a while I brushed with only salt and baking soda and I quickly realized it was abrasive on the enamel. Even rinsing with baking soda during that time became mildly uncomfortable. It wasn't the tooth sensitivity that I've written in this thread, but just a chalky feeling of a lack of enamel that accumulated over the course of a couple of weeks. When I stopped using baking soda altogether, the issues resolved.

The bar soap has been excellent though. The stuff I have is made from either olive oil, palm oil, or coconut oil (not sure which, the seller is a personal friend who gives me a variety of the stuff). The cheap animal soaps might not be so great for the estrogen problem alone.

I started using it a few months ago courtesy of the Quax podcast, episode #42. Here's a link to the page that offers some unique info on dental health, based on Dr. Gerard Judd's recommendations:

https://www.healingteethnaturally.com/dr-gerard-f-judd-dental-researcher.html

Anyhow, I've found it to be the polar opposite experience of "caustic" lol. Compared to brushing with conventional toothpaste, whitening toothpaste, clay, charcoal, baking soda, and/or salt, it's by far the least uncomfortable. It's kinda like brushing with memory foam. Highly recommend giving it a go.

Could be calcium related, sure. Not from calcium itself considering I'm getting in a half gallon of milk a day... But possibly from the co-factors. I haven't been getting much sunlight in the last month, so I'm sure the vitamin D plays into the calcium utilization.

Summer

Grains in general are detrimental to tooth health. If you’re committed to eating rice, you should really consider soaking it overnight and rinsing it before cooking.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I changed the way I brush my teeth. One night, one of my molars hurt (I am 65), possibly due to sensitivity of the exposed dentin, since my gum line has receded over the years, I went to the bathroom and put a bit of toothpaste (Coral White) on my finger and spread it around the rim of the tooth. It got better immediately.

Usually, I first brush my teeth, then floss, then use my Panasonic Oral Irrigator with four drops of MMS activated and some baking soda to eliminate any acid residue from the MMS. Now I switched to a new toothpaste, Boka, which contains hydroxyapatite (nano) to remineralize the teeth. I first rinse my mouth with water, then use the floss, after that I use my Oral Irrigator, and at last I brush my teeth with a Sonic toothbrush. I spit the excess toothpaste out but don't rinse, so to let the remaining hydroxyapatite do its job.

I just started this for about two weeks and had no sensitivities with my teeth.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Grains in general are detrimental to tooth health. If you’re committed to eating rice, you should really consider soaking it overnight and rinsing it before cooking.

Definitely true. In past experiences it has definitely made them easier to digest. To your point I just cut it out as a regular part of the diet. If it's served elsewhere or I'm at a buffet or something, I'll have a bit... But it really doesn't seem conducive to overall health the more I mess with it.

Creatine is messing up my teeth really bad. Could be the creatine.

You know for sure that it's creatine!? That's an interesting claim. I haven't been religious about taking it, 5g split into 2.5g doses over the day on most days. Some days only 2.5g.

*For the record within a day of cutting out the white rice my teeth returned to 'normal.'

so to let the remaining hydroxyapatite do its job.

I just started this for about two weeks and had no sensitivities with my teeth.

Thank you for sharing, new one on me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals