Kasper's Log

OP
K

Kasper

My heart rate dropped to 63 BPM after the anti-cortisol substances.

OP
K

Kasper

I woke up very refreshed after 6 hours of sleep.
I think I look better than I can ever remembered I looked in the morning.

My sleep time has gone back from 9-12 hours to 8 hours, to 7 hours, to 6 hours now.
I stayed for 1.5 hours longer in my bed, just to try to fall asleep, but I couldn't.
I'm not sure if that is a good thing, but at least I'm glad I'm not sleeping half of the day anymore.

My morning heart rate was 38 BPM. Surprisingly, I feel kind of warm and good.
I don't have cold hand or cold feet.

OP
K

Kasper

Pulse 52 BPM

I feel like I'm making major progress in my health even though my pulse is very low. I wake up refreshed, I feel all kind of muscle that were stiff/tensed getting relaxed.

I used to roll my back a lot, so the muscles in my back were already kind of relaxed, but I always noticed that I had very tense muscles around my rib cage. Which are hard to foam roll (and also extremely painfull if I tried). Those are just getting magically relaxed at this moment it seems. There is some burning sensation around those muscles, similarly as you get when they relax after a massage/ foam rolling.

Basically, overall, the way I feel at this moment, is like the way I feel after a very long holiday. I think this is related to the Taurine and Theanine and I'm taking this week, and the infrared Sauna.

Also, I think it may relate to Magnesium and Orthinine I take in the evening.

Last edited:

Mr Rossi

Magnesium Glycinate in combination with milk thistle helps me a lot for my sleep problems.
What do you currently take?

OP
K

Kasper

I take magnesium chloride (ordered magnesium glycinate), orthinine, taurine and theanine.

Do you know what Ray Peat thinks about Milk Thistle?

tara

OP
K

Kasper

50 BPM

The 6 hours sleep was clearly not enough.
The strange thing is, that I really could not sleep for longer.
This is something I never have. I always want to sleep longer, even if I sleep for 10 hours.

I think it may be that I'm more sensitive to the morning light.
So I'm going to try to sleep earlier tonight.

15:55 heart beat 45 bpm
17:00 46 BPM
18:30 after nap, 50 bpm

Last edited:
G

Gray Ling

I saw the Taurine supplement in the store today. R123.00 for 90caps(500mg). I think I should get gelatin first and try that for a few weeks and keep going then try the Taurine also maybe at 2weeks into the Gelatine.

OP
K

Kasper

What does R123 mean?

I buy 100 gram for 3 euro. I think it is one of the cheapest supplements

OP
K

Kasper

Woow... I was on a party today.
And it was very busy, and I can get kind of over stimulated in those situations.
Just too much impulses from everywhere.

I can enjoy it, but I know it takes very much energy from me.

So, I was taking 1500 mg, of Taurine every hour.
I think in the end I took 8 gram of taurine or something.
But every time, I took it, I just noticed that my brain would go calmer.
After a while I just felt completely Zen, in the middle of this crowd and loud music.
I have never felt like that in such busy situations.

Last edited:

tara

So, I was taking 1500 mg, of Taurine every hour.
I think in the end I took 8 gram of taurine or something.
That's a lot, especially if you are not used to so much.
How about trying a steady lower dose for a while and gradually increasing if it goes well?

OP
K

Kasper

Yes, Im taking now 2 gram in the morning, 2 g in the evening consistent for a week.

I don't plan to take 8 gram every night, but I just feel like it was doing something that I needed in this social situation.

Edit: edited mg to gram

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think you meant grams instead of milligrams.

tara

Thanks zooma, I'd forgotten that.

OP
K

Kasper

I went to bed at 2 am in the end. I had no problems falling asleep.

I again woke up at 8 am feeling refreshed. But since I crashed yesterday on 6 hours of sleep, I tried laying in bed to fall asleep. I slept from 9 am to 10:30 again.

When waking up, I had extreme energy, comparable with taking ritalin the first time. Right out of my bed. I'm not a morning person at all, so this suprised me a lot.
My heart rate was only 50 BPM, so I'm not sure where this energy came from.
I decided to use this energy to clean my house for once haha :D
After that I took taurine and L-theanine to calm down.

I'm not slowly getting in what to me feels like a more stable and healthy energy.

12:38 -- 51 BPM
13:06 -- 46 BPM
15 : 14 -- 43 bpm
15:33 -- 47 BPM first bowel movement time
16:39 -- 43 BPM
19:05 -- 45 BPM
20:00 -- 55 BPM after potatoes meal
20:40 -- heart rate is rising to 65 BPM
21:09 -- 54 BPM
21:45 -- 45 BPM

Again, I feel the muscles around my rib cage are getting smoother and softer, it is very painful, but I know that those muscles would be very hard a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kasper

Week 2 - Day 1:

13:00 -- 65 BPM, first bowel movement
13:55 -- 75 BPM
15:00 -- 60 BPM
15:50 -- 60 BPM, second bowel movement
17:13 -- 72 BPM
19:11 -- 53 BPM
19:50 -- 52 BPM

15:00
okay, suddenly I had again this freaking high heart rate. Even though I took taurine in the morning, but I ran out of theanine.

I know that ray peat universe doesn't really believe in adrenal fatigue, but I do think that my body is much better able to make stress hormones than it used to be, since I take taurine. I'm not saying that stress hormones are a good thing, but I do think my body is better able to make them. I used to kind of push myself for stress hormones, now they are just coming out of nowhere.

I think I can confirm that it were stress hormones, because after taking 1 gram aspirin, 6o0 mg theanine (I bought them in the local shop), 2 gram taurine, my heart rate is back to 60 BPM.

One other thing I want to note, I said this before, that my muscle are getting relaxed, well this process is continuing, and last night, I lay in bed, I began to kind of very gently massage those muscles with my fingers (mainly around my rib cage, neck, shoulders etc.), and they are getting so soft. Muscles that I used to think where bone, I find out are actually muscles that can relax.

I massaged them for 90 min or something, and my whole upper body is now sore and painfull. I guess the relaxation of muscles gets rid of all kind of toxins or something.

17:13
My heart starting racing again (72 BPM). Just after massaging those muscles again in the sauna. I think that may explain it. Maybe my body is releasing stress hormones to "fight" the inflammation in my muscles.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals