New Log Here: Trying To Get Ripped With Peat/Haidut

OP
L

Lucenzo01

Can you provide some more detail on dosing?

People on peat forums have done mega dosing of fat sols before as I understand it.

1) Is it sustainable or is it a short term boost?

2) Has it led to any increased hair loss if that’s an issue at all?

3) What do you believe the fat sols are doing specifically? I know they decrease estrogen but that doesn’t necessarily mean increased androgens.

Dose per day:

Retinyl palmitate: 350.000 IU's
D3: 30.000 IU's
K2: 15 mg
Alpha tocopherol succinate: 1500 IU's

1) I plan to do it long term until I stop seeing benefits and the adjust to a maintenance protocol.

2) Luckily, my head is full of hair. I would recommend for that the combo: vitamin C megadoses, lysine, glycine, proline (the Pauling protocol) + taurine and niacinamide. A friend of mine it's doing it with good results.

3) Can't answer that question because no studies have been done with this protocol so I'm in unknown territory. But each of them have been proven to have benefits in the hot peaty areas: cortisol, estrogen, inflammation, iron overload, endotoxin, osteocalcin...so I think combined the effect could be close to a miracle. Keep in mind that the 4 aminoacids (I added proline today) that I take have a lot of benefits comparable to the fat-solubles and I think they work synergistically.

theLaw

Thanks, @theLaw . I think the toxicity of higher doses of vitamin A are really deficiencies in the rest of the fat-solubles. Just my hypothesis. I could be wrong but I have increased my vitamin D to 30.000 IU's daily with no secondary effects proving at least in my case that my body is confortable with huge doses of the fat-solubles if I take them all daily. I like to call it my personal, super Estroban.

You might also consider taking them through the skin for any problem areas.

Danny Roddy has mentioned that he had several issues disappear after using fat-soluble vitamins on his skin covered in plastic-wrap.

I think Ray mentions that much higher concentrations are needed for the skin application, but Haidut has been finding ways to increase absorption with sfa/dmso/mct.

Cheers!:D

churchmouth

My experiment of going beyond 20,000-50,000 IUs Retinyl palmitate for a couple of months. I saw a slowing of skin turnover/ healing. Maybe this was a normalising, but acne scars were lasting a month instead of a week. Acne was less but alot more blocked pores. Back acne cleared significantly.

Also was concerned this would affect my hair's ability to regrow at the same rate of falling out. Scalp was looking its worst for coverage.

Given I think I now have adequate storage levels, I have backed off to just liver every few days, or when away for work I will have 25,000 IU of palmitate once a week.

There have also been some recent discussions of taking vit A in non-food source being particularly harmful. I am going for food sources as much as possible now. Also think I was foolish only using palmitate and not the acetate version- I think a mix might be safer incase one is particularly bad

OP
L

Lucenzo01

I went to sleep yesterday with the biggest optimist feeling ever. I think I was genuinely happy for the first time ever. The only change has been adding proline.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

A quick update. I added vitamin B1 and B2 and this has definitely improved a lot of things regarding sleep, erection quality and energy. I ditched the caffeine (I don't need it anymore) and everything is going smooth. Feeling better everyday.

EIRE24

@Lucenzo01

Unfortunately, Vit A can be a double-edged sword when it comes to acne, but if you can get the dose right, it's pretty effective. Glad to see your great progress!!!:D

Also, about the Cod Liver Oil (that second link = Yikes!!!):

Cod liver oil- extremely toxic, Ray Peat was right

"Between the first and second world wars, cod liver oil...."

With regards to acne, I found that Zinc basically destroyed it in a week (oysters daily would probably be better if someone took them with coffee). I even mentioned to Haidut that he should put together a mineral sup specifically as an acne treatment because it's so effective.

Cheers!:cool:
Zinc never did anything for my acne unfortunately

Wagner83

Topically: fat-solubles, p5p. thiamine, biotin. Orally: niacinamide, vitamin C, riboflavin, taurine. creatine. Feeling great and loosing a ***t ton of bloating and fat.
Sounds good, was the bloating and fat an issue from before the protocol outlined in the OP?

OP
L

Lucenzo01

Sounds good, was the bloating and fat an issue from before the protocol outlined in the OP?

Yeah, it was. I have been bloated all my life. Sometimes more than others but still was always there.

I've been giving it to my dog and it's growing a lot LOL. He is way more fast and calm and get along much better with other dogs than before. It's like they respect him more. I wish I have recorded their behaviour before so I can make a comparison but I didn't expect such a change. He is happy so I am happy too.

Wagner83

Yeah, it was. I have been bloated all my life. Sometimes more than others but still was always there.

I've been giving it to my dog and it's growing a lot LOL. He is way more fast and calm and get along much better with other dogs than before. It's like they respect him more. I wish I have recorded their behaviour before so I can make a comparison but I didn't expect such a change. He is happy so I am happy too.
I have a dog who is castrated I have considered giving him pansterone or at least pregnenolone, I didnt consider the possibility of feeding him fat soluble and b vitamins lol.
Previously you reported using huge doses of the fat solubles orally, now you switched to topical use, why this change? Topically they should be a lot less potent.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

I have a dog who is castrated I have considered giving him pansterone or at least pregnenolone, I didnt consider the possibility of feeding him fat soluble and b vitamins lol.
Previously you reported using huge doses of the fat solubles orally, now you switched to topical use, why this change? Topically they should be a lot less potent.

I feel the effect is better topically, specially with D3.

Yeah, proper nutrition is the best thing you could do for your dog. Human food is garbage nowadays, imagine what the he'l they put in dog food.

OP
L

Lucenzo01

I can eat whatever I want now. I have been eating pizza, burgers, milk with oats, yogurt....nothing ruins my day anymore, the fat loss is steady and noticeable day by day and I sleep like a baby. A big thanks to @haidut for his magnificent research and all the people who contributes in this forum! Have a good day Peatarians.

Evandrojr

I lowered the vitamin E to 500 IU's, A to 100.000, D3 to 10.000 and I kept the dose of the k2.
Hi @Lucenzo01 , thank you so much for sharing. Your experience will sure help many of us. I want to start testing your protocol on myself, mainly focusing on libido! If you'd be so kind, could you share what a day of eating looks like to you? I mean, we all have a lot of variability, but what would the ideal day look like, mentioning coffee, sugar and salt as well. Many many thanks!!

OP
L

Lucenzo01

B
Hi @Lucenzo01 , thank you so much for sharing. Your experience will sure help many of us. I want to start testing your protocol on myself, mainly focusing on libido! If you'd be so kind, could you share what a day of eating looks like to you? I mean, we all have a lot of variability, but what would the ideal day look like, mentioning coffee, sugar and salt as well. Many many thanks!!

I eat for the taste. Burgers, pizza, oatmeal, yogurt, cheese. Whatever, basically. I drink 2 coffees a day with sugar and smoke 4-5 cigarettes each day. Retinol, riboflavin, taurine and Vitamin C are the only supplements that I'm taking right now, since them are the ones that have given me the most benefit.

Evandrojr

B

I eat for the taste. Burgers, pizza, oatmeal, yogurt, cheese. Whatever, basically. I drink 2 coffees a day with sugar and smoke 4-5 cigarettes each day. Retinol, riboflavin, taurine and Vitamin C are the only supplements that I'm taking right now, since them are the ones that have given me the most benefit.
No more fat soluble vitamins? Why did you drop them?