Solving My Mystery Illness

Max23

Dear Ray Peat Forum!

I have decided to create a log about solving my mystery illness. It is my last stand, because my health is deteriorating consistently. My ability to walk is worsening daily, because my muscles and bones are deteriorating. Overall my muscles are constantly weakening and I can not be still for very long because they go tense. Health problems are constantly increasing. With diseases this magnitude, there usually is no way out. I don´t have much hope that I can find a solution to this or even a name for the disease. It has been going on for over five years. Since I can´t or have not much else to do, might as well start this log. Anyone who has any ideas or thoughts, is welcome to express them.

Previously I investigated the aspects of rope worms in health and had a log about it. With this thread I investigated the stool. I have a big Excel file where I write down my experiments, ideas and other health stuff. Currently I have ongoing experiments of a zero gluten diet of 53 days, 6mg of boron for 15 days, cyproheptadine 2,5mg for 27 days, CortiNon 4 drops transdermally for 27 days. I excercise every other day and to get muscles to work I take several supplements, which I vary, because their effect varies.

Currently my diet is: Breakfast-millet porridge, rice galettes, ham, tea; lunch-experiments with dairy every other day, occasionally eggs, meat, potatoes, fruit,sweets, coffee; dinner-potatoes, rice, vegetables, buckwheat, meat, fish, juice, sometimes sweats, fruit. So gluten free, high calorie, practically dairy free, some PUFA definitely.

My age is 32 and I have a normal bodyweight. I´ll be loging my experiments, health effects and thoughts. I´ll thank those in advance who contribute to solving this mystery.

Here are my symptoms:
upload_2020-1-22_20-23-46.png

Those are my experiments which have yielded positive results:
upload_2020-1-22_20-26-39.png

Those experiments have yielded negative results:
upload_2020-1-22_20-31-41.png

Here are some abnormal lab test. Their values have not been much over the limit. And here are some diseases I have doubted of having:
upload_2020-1-22_20-14-32.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Max,

I think a lot of your symptoms could be because of the gut. Floating feces indicate inadequate digestive enzymes.
Acid reflux could be due to inadequate stomach acid.
Low stomach acid and insufficient digestive enzymes can lead to a host of nutritional deficiencies, inflammation in the gut, which then cause inflammation in the whole body, bacterial overgrowth, etc. So I'd say starting with the gut is most important so that you can actually absorb vitamins and minerals, lower inflammation and heal.

Maybe start with some bitters or pepsin or betaine (to lower homocysteine) for stomach acid and then take digestive enzymes with each meal.
Furthermore, start with food that is very easily digested and absorbed. Maybe something like the elemental diet, fruit and veggie juice, broth, soups, etc.

D

danishispsychic

hmmm. have you ever done any wormers? herbal wormers? or raw garlic? coffee enemas? salt/c protocol? i would say here to do salted orange juice ( kind of like a salt c protocol ) raw garlic in food on rotation, get a good collagen supplement, and get that D WAYYYYY up. sounds a little bit like you have lyme / parasite infection/ candida. Grapefruit seed extract is kind of magic for candida. If you have ascaris , boron will dry them out and then you will need like a fiber supplement to get them out like Metamucil. inbox me if you want - i have done a lot of parasite detox- xx

OP
Max23

Max23

Hi Max,

I think a lot of your symptoms could be because of the gut. Floating feces indicate inadequate digestive enzymes.
Acid reflux could be due to inadequate stomach acid.
Low stomach acid and insufficient digestive enzymes can lead to a host of nutritional deficiencies, inflammation in the gut, which then cause inflammation in the whole body, bacterial overgrowth, etc. So I'd say starting with the gut is most important so that you can actually absorb vitamins and minerals, lower inflammation and heal.

Maybe start with some bitters or pepsin or betaine (to lower homocysteine) for stomach acid and then take digestive enzymes with each meal.
Furthermore, start with food that is very easily digested and absorbed. Maybe something like the elemental diet, fruit and veggie juice, broth, soups, etc.

Thank you for your reply! I agree the gut has a major part in this condition and one of my first problems, a chronic one was anal itch, bloody rectum on wiping. Maybe SIBO or some kind of a bacterial infection started then. I also think the stomach acid is low, because some proteins cause problems, alkaline water causes acid reflux and betaine helps, which I take sometimes and which is one of my favorite supplements. It causes dandruff though, which goes away after longer use. I have tried taking digestive enzymes with each meal, but I got a facial flush and eye pain, like with vitamin E or cordyceps. I haven´t figured out why this could be? The Ezymedica´s product also has ATP in it. Maybe there is a problem with that, since vitamin E, cordyceps influence ATP production. Maybe I should try other digestive enzymes.

I have a craving for bitters, but haven´t found a suitable one to take. Wormwood is neurotoxic and causes problems. Dandelion root extract had an amazing taste, but had a lot of probiotics, which cause muscle pain for me. I want to try artichoke extract. Food is antipain for me and lately a supplement I take (I think it is boron) has caused appetite increase for me, food tastes really good also, I have gained a little bit fat though. This change feels like a change toward youthful digestion, though fat gain is problematic, but I really enjoy eating a lot and craving food, I want to see where it leads. Changing the diet is tough for me also because of my health (tough to make soups and such) and budgetary constraints.

Waynish

Thank you for your reply! I agree the gut has a major part in this condition and one of my first problems, a chronic one was anal itch, bloody rectum on wiping. Maybe SIBO or some kind of a bacterial infection started then. I also think the stomach acid is low, because some proteins cause problems, alkaline water causes acid reflux and betaine helps, which I take sometimes and which is one of my favorite supplements. It causes dandruff though, which goes away after longer use. I have tried taking digestive enzymes with each meal, but I got a facial flush and eye pain, like with vitamin E or cordyceps. I haven´t figured out why this could be? The Ezymedica´s product also has ATP in it. Maybe there is a problem with that, since vitamin E, cordyceps influence ATP production. Maybe I should try other digestive enzymes.

I have a craving for bitters, but haven´t found a suitable one to take. Wormwood is neurotoxic and causes problems. Dandelion root extract had an amazing taste, but had a lot of probiotics, which cause muscle pain for me. I want to try artichoke extract. Food is antipain for me and lately a supplement I take (I think it is boron) has caused appetite increase for me, food tastes really good also, I have gained a little bit fat though. This change feels like a change toward youthful digestion, though fat gain is problematic, but I really enjoy eating a lot and craving food, I want to see where it leads. Changing the diet is tough for me also because of my health (tough to make soups and such) and budgetary constraints.

itchy **** - parasite symptom
craving for bitters and wormwood - anti-parasite drugs

I've not seen reliable parasite testing or parasite cures. The can hide in liver, spleen, and various other places too. I would be curious about those electroshock therapies.

Mark2020

Max, read the book "The Emotion Code", and study the work of Louise Hay.

Seems to me your dis-ease is due to trapped/unresolved emotions. This is the case 100% of the time in stubborn situations like yours, where you're eating a clean diet, and your healing just won't take place.

I have seen miracles occur very quickly when you release trapped emotions and practice self love.

postman

Careful PUFA avoidance made me stop deteriorating. Didn't really heal me but I stopped deteriorating. Intake has to be around 4 g or less per day if the intent is to maximize mead acid production.

OP
Max23

Max23

hmmm. have you ever done any wormers? herbal wormers? or raw garlic? coffee enemas? salt/c protocol? i would say here to do salted orange juice ( kind of like a salt c protocol ) raw garlic in food on rotation, get a good collagen supplement, and get that D WAYYYYY up. sounds a little bit like you have lyme / parasite infection/ candida. Grapefruit seed extract is kind of magic for candida. If you have ascaris , boron will dry them out and then you will need like a fiber supplement to get them out like Metamucil. inbox me if you want - i have done a lot of parasite detox- xx

I have done a lot of MMS enemas, the Kalcker protocol, some pharmaceutical drugs. I have not taken much antiparasitic herbals. I have been eating lots of garlic, but I don´t know what exactly you mean by raw garlic? Do you mean like a protocol, taking lots of it? I have not heard of the salt c protocol. I have to read about it. It has a lot of vitamin C, I can´t manage to take more than a gram, because of anal itch and skin damage. I took hydrolyzed collagen, did not notice any effects. Vitamin D is above the norm usually, in january it drops under. It is hard to take as supplement, because it turns my feces pale, eventually. Transdermal application is one thing I want to try.

Borreliosis is a possibility indeed, I have been wanting to test it, but I doubt the reliability of the tests. Parasitic infection is a possibility, but I doubt there are any big ones, exept rope worms, because I have gone through stool thoroughly and there would have been some visible (like ascaris) during the hydrotherapy sessions. Candida or other fungal infectiona are possible, although I have chronic prostatitis and have tested the sperm frequently and it hasn´t shown any sign of yeast. It should be there because I know the prostate reacts to systemic effectors. Grapefruit seed extract causes a facial flush, using it is problematic for me. I have been taking boron for 16 days now. I have not heard about Metamucil, it is psyllium, I´ll put it on my list to try. Oh and coffee enemas had positive effects, put induce torticollis. A part about enemas I really don´t like is that they mess up the bodies regular fecation pattern.

OP
Max23

Max23

itchy **** - parasite symptom
craving for bitters and wormwood - anti-parasite drugs

I've not seen reliable parasite testing or parasite cures. The can hide in liver, spleen, and various other places too. I would be curious about those electroshock therapies.

Taking three magnesium sulfate paths is an idea. I have taken one and it was nice.
I have a lot of symptoms of a parasite infection, in addition there are as well elevated IgE, low eosinophiles and low iron. The anal itch is rather food related and I have been able to eliminate it completely with avoiding certain foods. Now I think it has occured because of low stomach acid.
One way I have been wanting to test parasites is by looking at live blood, but I couldn´t get this test. I agree that they can be found anywhere and are hard to detect. What do you mean by electroshock therapies? Do you mean the Hulda Clark zapper?

S-VV

Please rank the symptoms on a scale so we know what are the ones that have a greater impact on quality of life and remove from the list those that are not immediately relevant (ie grey hair) to improve signal/noise. There is a too much data in the images you posted.

Have you done a Red and White blood cell panel? If so, please post. Here are some other ideas for blood tests:

IMMUNE SYSTEM:
- C reactive Protein
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
- CD4+ and CD8+ T-lymphocyte count
- B cell count
- NK cell count
- 25-OH-Vitamin D AND 1,25-(bis OH)-Vitamin D
- Immunoglobulin A, G, M with subclasses
- Anti nuclear antibodies
- Anti mitochondrial antibodies

ENDOCRINE
- 24 hour urinary and morning blood Cortisol
- DHEA-S (NOT DHEA)
- Total Testosterone
- SHBG
- Prolactin
- free T3
- reverse T3
- Anti Diuretic Hormone

MUSCLE AND METABOLISM:
- Lactic acid
- Creatine kinase
- Serum B12
- Serum Folate
- Serum Zinc
- Serum Copper
- Serum Uric Acid
- Ceruloplasmin
- Serum Transferritin
- Erythrocyte transketolase Activity (measures thiamine status)
- Erythrocyte Magnesium Concentrations
- Hair mineral analysis (skip the useless interpretations that are in the web)

CNS:
-Anti nAchR (nicotinic Acetyl-choline Receptor) antibody

GI/MICROBIOME:
- tissue Transglutaminase antibody
- fecal Calprotectin
- fecal Lactoferrin

PATHOGENS:
-Epstein-Barr IgM, IgG
-CMV IgM, IgG
- B. burgdorferi Western Blot (ELISA is useless). Consider Lymphocyte Transformation Test

S-VV

Focusing on some symptoms:

-elevated bilirubin and conjugated bilirubin => liver is unable to properly excrete them or they are being reabsorbed too much. I would wager its the first.
-pale stools after fat solubles and fat =>brown color of the stool is due to a metabolite of bilirubin. Fat solubles are stored in the liver, where they may disrupt metabolic processes if the liver is impaired.
-high homocysteine => Homocysteine is converted to methionine via two enzymes, first MTHFR and then CBS (Cystathionine-beta-synthase). CBS is highly expressed in liver and CNS only ( Tissue expression of CBS - Summary - The Human Protein Atlas)

Have you measured your liver enzymes and bilirubin in the urine?

lampofred

High dose progesterone and CO2 baths will help to heal everything because they restore energy and allow all your cells to work properly, but what specifically are main issues you want to fix?

Luis aguilar

Focusing on some symptoms:

-elevated bilirubin and conjugated bilirubin => liver is unable to properly excrete them or they are being reabsorbed too much. I would wager its the first.
-pale stools after fat solubles and fat =>brown color of the stool is due to a metabolite of bilirubin. Fat solubles are stored in the liver, where they may disrupt metabolic processes if the liver is impaired.
-high homocysteine => Homocysteine is converted to methionine via two enzymes, first MTHFR and then CBS (Cystathionine-beta-synthase). CBS is highly expressed in liver and CNS only ( Tissue expression of CBS - Summary - The Human Protein Atlas)

Have you measured your liver enzymes and bilirubin in the urine?
how would you go about reducing bilirubin?

Constatine

It does seem bacterial to me. Have you tested for SIBO?
When the cause of an ailment is unknown its best to first cover the basics and do things that help in a very general way. Sun exposure, Earthing or grounding (research indicates it helps immune related diseases and dramatically reduces oxidative stress as the free electrons eliminate reactive oxygen species or ROS), improving the microbiome, etc. No system in the body exists in isolation.

OP
Max23

Max23

Max, read the book "The Emotion Code", and study the work of Louise Hay.

Seems to me your dis-ease is due to trapped/unresolved emotions. This is the case 100% of the time in stubborn situations like yours, where you're eating a clean diet, and your healing just won't take place.

I have seen miracles occur very quickly when you release trapped emotions and practice self love.

Read some of the book. It has some interesting ideas. I have done a lot of cognitive behavioral therapy before and decided to pick it up again. It can improve a lot of the quality of my life. Wheather this condition is emotional of origin? I don´t think so, but can not rule anything out. Furthermore I believe there can be many doors leading to a solution. Even an emotional problem might have a biochemical representation. It would be something if I had a „liver wall“, which blocks my bilirubin. Though I think it is irresponsible to say in cases like these the problems is emotional 100% of the time.

OP
Max23

Max23

Careful PUFA avoidance made me stop deteriorating. Didn't really heal me but I stopped deteriorating. Intake has to be around 4 g or less per day if the intent is to maximize mead acid production.

Going that low would be though for me. I´m having problems with dairy, eggs and on a zero gluten diet right now, which means I avoid products with even a trace of gluten. Sometimes I just pick up something I can get from the store, because my feet hurt. That means quite some nuts. Also I eat fish or protein would go too chicken or pork heavy. I bought coconut oil for frying. Wierdly also PUFA causes less digestive problems than saturated fat (lard, butter, coconut oil), which also can cause headache.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals