Just How Healthy Or Normal Is A High High Sex Drive

GorillaHead

So i used to take finasteride which was a total bust for my hair. But it made my skin dry which in a way was good but too dry i guess.

it also reduced my sex drive which i thought was amazing because I was constantly turned on. Its been almost a month i have been off and I cant stop thinking about masturbating. I am doing 5 times a day sometimes. I have literally injured myself from all the friction.

is this normal? Healthy? When i was on fin it was maybe 5 times a week.

No it’s not normal or healthy.

I have a strong libido but it’s not a painful horniness. There is a huge difference

GutFeeling

Lack of serotonin, high dopamine and high androgens can cause hypersexuality, cabergoline is an example. That's why I think is mostly a good thing, I think the same about the outcomes. And peat usually mention androgens as highly beneficial substances.

I'm not sure but I think he said that masturbation is usually positive but sometimes is caused by high estrogen because E can cause insatiable libido

"High estrogen does sometimes cause insatiable sexual...."
Ray Peat said:
High estrogen does sometimes cause insatiable sexual interest, partly because it increases adrenal androgens, and partly by inhibiting satisfying orgasms. Too much progesterone can suppress or neutralize the androgens. Thyroid is the best way to regulate the system, keeping libido up, making orgasms satisfying.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

So my blood tests show that my estradiol is literally in the middle of the specified ranges.

the first result is like before finasteride. And the second is on .25mg of finasteride.

I absolutely hate being high libido like this.

on the plus side i will say my appendage has returned to its former size. No doubt fin reduces the hypertrophy of the penises cells.

redsun

So i used to take finasteride which was a total bust for my hair. But it made my skin dry which in a way was good but too dry i guess.

it also reduced my sex drive which i thought was amazing because I was constantly turned on. Its been almost a month i have been off and I cant stop thinking about masturbating. I am doing 5 times a day sometimes. I have literally injured myself from all the friction.

is this normal? Healthy? When i was on fin it was maybe 5 times a week.

You may have just reverted to the state you were in before taking the drug. You may find benefit in lowering histamine because you may have very high histamine normally. You can try lowering it and see if things improve. Just be sure that's what you want to do. Yeh it may be hard to deal with it now but with time you may learn to deal with it better. According to you you only been off for a month. Libido is easier to get rid of than it it is to get back.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

You may have just reverted to the state you were in before taking the drug. You may find benefit in lowering histamine because may have very high histamine normally. You can try lowering it and see if things improve. Just be sure that's what you want to do. Yeh it may be hard to deal with it now but with time you may learn to deal with it better. According to you you only been off for a month. Libido is easier to get rid of than it it is to get back.

Well i do have allergies and i used to have asthma

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Forgot to upload my estradiol blood test

Attachments

• 9FBBDA4F-8CC6-435C-89AA-D1895F7B9152.jpeg
    9FBBDA4F-8CC6-435C-89AA-D1895F7B9152.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 38

TheSir

I have come to believe that feeling the need to release is an acquired condition. A normal, healthy sex drive is one that gives you energy, masculinity and motivation but doesn't make you feel like you are about to explode. Your sexuality should be always present, but never overwhelming. Paradoxically, when you have healthy sex drive, you should be able to abstain from sexual activity indefinitely, with your body automatically converting unused sexual potential into higher forms:

6jJeI4A.jpg

Beastmode

So my blood tests show that my estradiol is literally in the middle of the specified ranges.

the first result is like before finasteride. And the second is on .25mg of finasteride.

I absolutely hate being high libido like this.

on the plus side i will say my appendage has returned to its former size. No doubt fin reduces the hypertrophy of the penises cells.

Peat has mentioned to me that a lot of blood test that are considered "mid-range" aren't very helpful b/c if you're hypothyroid, the ranges can be misleading.

Are you testing your body temp and pulse consistently or at all?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Peat has mentioned to me that a lot of blood test that are considered "mid-range" aren't very helpful b/c if you're hypothyroid, the ranges can be misleading.

Are you testing your body temp and pulse consistently or at all?
I am not how would i go about this?

my tsh is like 1.1

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I have come to believe that feeling the need to release is an acquired condition. A normal, healthy sex drive is one that gives you energy, masculinity and motivation but doesn't make you feel like you are about to explode. Your sexuality should be always present, but never overwhelming. Paradoxically, when you have healthy sex drive, you should be able to abstain from sexual activity indefinitely, with your body automatically converting unused sexual potential into higher forms:

6jJeI4A.jpg

Acquired maybe, how do I un acquire it lol. Is it just good old mental discipline?

i mean with finasteride things really went down and it was helpful but it def had negatives. Especially in strength. It seems like my only choice is like a microdose of fine. .05mg inhibits Basically the same as .25. .5 and 1mg. So. Based on this chart maybe .02 -.03 will offer the most optimal results without negatives.

i am middle eastern. I am kinda hairy not obvious unless u wwre looking at me from a a 2 feet away and i lean to the thin side

Beastmode

I am not how would i go about this?

my tsh is like 1.1

If you're really into Peat's work, you can google or search on here on how and when to measure body temperature and pulse.

It's simple and some of greatest metrics you can use for your health.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

If you're really into Peat's work, you can google or search on here on how and when to measure body temperature and pulse.

It's simple and some of greatest metrics you can use for your health.

Ill look into it. I just dont see how temperature relates to my issue

Beastmode

Ill look into it. I just dont see how temperature relates to my issue

Like most have realized from studying, applying and testing Peat's philosophy, you realize that no health issue is truly separate from a holism point of view. If you don't see how it relates, no judgement, it's an exciting time to look a bit more "upstream" and read Peat's articles on his website and plethora of newsletters. You'll pick up a shitload of insight and common threads in all of them that will you give you some direction on what's best for your health.

Potentially high estrogen, high histamine, inability to keep yourself from doing it (i.e- telling yourself not to and still doing it) are all potential signs of a lowered metabolic system. If you're system is in a stressed state (most likely,) your body temp and pulse will be a good guide to what's working and what isn't (i.e- what you eat, how you slept, etc.)

how hard are your erections? if theyre diamond hard maybe you just have high androgens. if you just masturbate all the time and theyre not even that hard more likely you're just addicted or bored

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

how hard are your erections? if theyre diamond hard maybe you just have high androgens. if you just masturbate all the time and theyre not even that hard more likely you're just addicted or bored
Super hard. Its ridiculous. I keep saying if i had blood flow like this in other parts of my body id be yoked and have amazing hair.

i wonder if its just getting off the Finastride the spike in androgens is causing this but i remember it being almost like this pre finasteride. So weird

Just spitballing, but you could try keeping it to -- I think -- 7PM-9PM per Atom Bergstrom's theories. He talks about it on one of his recent shows with Patrick Timpone. He says it's the best time for sex... and I would assume that means the act becomes more satisfying at this time. If orgasms become more satisfying, it may help you to "un-aquire the urge".

I agree that being in great health makes all problems far easier, but it's easier said than done.

These kinds of events are heavily dopamine-driven, so the grooves of action patterns have become deep ruts in your own psychology. You have to become a student of your own psychology, and defeat it.

I am doing 5 times a day sometimes. I have literally injured myself from all the friction.
Wow. That's impressive. Even as a teenager, my limit was 3 times a day. Do you not notice any decrease in digestive capabilities fapping that much? I think I would get indigestion/ huge water retention if I attempted to do it 5 times a day.

Maybe your intracellular estrogen is high, even though the serum concentrations are normal?

Try eating some mushrooms to see if it's high estrogen or not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals