Ejaculatory Exhaustion

baccheion

When I mess with DHEA and testosterone I start losing my hair
Do you take with pregnenolone or progesterone? Progesterone is said to buffer against such things, even as a cream applied topically to prevent/slow/reverse recession.

schultz

Then why recommend Cyproheptadine, which is an antihistamine?

It is much more than that. Its best feature is that it's a serotonin antagonist, and this is probably how it would affect prolactin levels, though I am not sure how consistently it does this.

OP
O

Orius

Do you take with pregnenolone or progesterone? Progesterone is said to buffer against such things, even as a cream applied topically to prevent/slow/reverse recession.

Progesterone kills all my energy, I can't take it. In the past I've taken DHEA with pregnenolone, but it didn't spare me the hair loss. I've stopped losing hair since stopping DHEA, but so far I have not recovered what I lost.

It is much more than that. Its best feature is that it's a serotonin antagonist, and this is probably how it would affect prolactin levels, though I am not sure how consistently it does this.

I have mixed feelings about drug suppression. Prolactin is obviously a sign that something is out of whack. I'd like to figure out what is, if possible, rather than using heroic medicine so push back against my body. But if this situation gets bad enough I'd definitely consider a pharmaceutical.

Waynish

Abstain, eat shellfish, sleep during good hours, and support the kidneys.

schultz

Progesterone kills all my energy, I can't take it. In the past I've taken DHEA with pregnenolone, but it didn't spare me the hair loss. I've stopped losing hair since stopping DHEA, but so far I have not recovered what I lost.

I have mixed feelings about drug suppression. Prolactin is obviously a sign that something is out of whack. I'd like to figure out what is, if possible, rather than using heroic medicine so push back against my body. But if this situation gets bad enough I'd definitely consider a pharmaceutical.

I think that is wise.

Constatine

I would get testosterone tested. DHEA, horny goat weed and zinc can improve things but testosterone is king. Also try to get some sunlight on your testicles., it works better then red light.
Nude sunbathing really improves libido (Red light not so much). It most definitely boosts testosterone significantly.

baccheion

You could try applying directly to the scalp. Many preparations are said to not absorb that well. In this case, you'd only want it to penetrate to the root.

Collden

The circular reasoning of an addict. :D
The irony is that it is actually refraining from ejaculation that can create a neurochemical dependency due to its effect of raising dopamine. Orgasm causes a surge of prolactin which potently inhibits dopamine signaling. By not getting regular sexual release you are entraining your brain to a state of chronically elevated dopamine due to the lack of prolactin release.

This is likely why people who rarely orgasm report feeling so shitty when they do occasionally get a sexual release. I find that the longer I go with regular and frequent sexual release, the less of a negative effect it has, because the brain becomes resensitized to dopamine.

Also, the average ejaculate contains like 3% of the RDI for zinc, much less of the other nutrients. Ejaculation does not cause any meaningful loss of nutrients. You'd probably increase your zinc requirements more by walking around the block than by orgasming.

Last edited:

Jing

The irony is that it is actually refraining from ejaculation that can create a neurochemical dependency due to its effect of raising dopamine. Orgasm causes a surge of prolactin which potently inhibits dopamine signaling. By not getting regular sexual release you are entraining your brain to a state of chronically elevated dopamine due to the lack of prolactin release.

This is likely why people who rarely orgasm report feeling so shitty when they do occasionally get a sexual release. I find that the longer I go with regular and frequent sexual release, the less of a negative effect it has, because the brain becomes resensitized to dopamine.

Also, the average ejaculate contains like 3% of the RDI for zinc, much less of the other nutrients. Ejaculation does not cause any meaningful loss of nutrients. You'd probably increase your zinc requirements more by walking around the block than by orgasming.
If I was to ejaculate even just 3 times a week I would never have a libido and would have constant erection problems .. the only way I can have good erections and good libido is from having sex with no ejaculation, ejaculation also causes other problems such as brain fog, less motivation, less energy, poor mood .. if you are healthy you can get away with more ejaculations but that doesn't mean it is not doing damage ..

baccheion

If I was to ejaculate even just 3 times a week I would never have a libido and would have constant erection problems .. the only way I can have good erections and good libido is from having sex with no ejaculation, ejaculation also causes other problems such as brain fog, less motivation, less energy, poor mood .. if you are healthy you can get away with more ejaculations but that doesn't mean it is not doing damage ..
You're not taking nutrients that block prolactin. 100-200 mg vitamin B6 P-5'-P, zinc, etc. Start taking a good multivitamin, D + K, and (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium supplement.

Do you have higher estrogen? Progesterone? Lower dopamine/testosterone? Nutrient deficiencies?

Jing

You're not taking nutrients that block prolactin. 100-200 mg vitamin B6 P-5'-P, zinc, etc. Start taking a good multivitamin, D + K, and (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium supplement.

Do you have higher estrogen? Progesterone? Lower dopamine/testosterone? Nutrient deficiencies?
Taking that much b6 regularly is bad for nerves isn't it? Also zinc seems to cause lower libido for me, never felt right taking d+k magnesium makes me more fatigued throughout the day which leads to lower libido ... I don't know my estrogen or progesterone probably have lowish dopamine, testosterone normal levels .. don't know about nutritional deficiencies .. the only thing that I have found to help is not ejaculating, sometimes taking pansterone can give me a higher libido but not enough to keep ejaculating a few times a week ..

Collden

Sounds like you've developed a dependency on the constant dopamine high produced by holding your gunk in. Try ejaculating at least 4-5 times per week for a while and just weathering out the low mood you suffer and see if it doesnt get less with time.

It may be no different than how an exercise addict reports feeling horrible when not exercising, that feeling bad is just your body wanting a rest from the chronically elevated stress hormones. Well, dopamine is also a stress hormone and is not meant to be chronically elevated, go ahead and spike your prolactin and give your body a rest. Focus on plenty of sleep and food and destressing besides regular ejaculation.

baccheion

Taking that much b6 regularly is bad for nerves isn't it? Also zinc seems to cause lower libido for me, never felt right taking d+k magnesium makes me more fatigued throughout the day which leads to lower libido ... I don't know my estrogen or progesterone probably have lowish dopamine, testosterone normal levels .. don't know about nutritional deficiencies .. the only thing that I have found to help is not ejaculating, sometimes taking pansterone can give me a higher libido but not enough to keep ejaculating a few times a week ..
Higher amounts of B6 as pyridoxine could cause problems. As P-5'-P, there aren't such issues. With such supplements causing fatigue, I'd suggest getting lab work done. Zinc is associated with increased testosterone and DHT, for example.

You could try a dopamine precursor like DL-phenylalanine after to see if it's involved.

Iodine protocol.

Jing

Sounds like you've developed a dependency on the constant dopamine high produced by holding your gunk in. Try ejaculating at least 4-5 times per week for a while and just weathering out the low mood you suffer and see if it doesnt get less with time.

It may be no different than how an exercise addict reports feeling horrible when not exercising, that feeling bad is just your body wanting a rest from the chronically elevated stress hormones. Well, dopamine is also a stress hormone and is not meant to be chronically elevated, go ahead and spike your prolactin and give your body a rest. Focus on plenty of sleep and food and destressing besides regular ejaculation.
I used to ejaculate 5-6 times a week I had to stop and start not ejaculating because it made me feel so bad .. I also have chronic prostatitis and if I ejaculate I get a burning pain in my penis for days one ejaculation a week won't be too bad on the pain but just two a week gives me terrible pain .. more ejaculation does not work for me. Ideal frequency for me seems to be about once every two weeks.

Jing

Higher amounts of B6 as pyridoxine could cause problems. As P-5'-P, there aren't such issues. With such supplements causing fatigue, I'd suggest getting lab work done. Zinc is associated with increased testosterone and DHT, for example.

You could try a dopamine precursor like DL-phenylalanine after to see if it's involved.

Iodine protocol.
Taking supplements can help but can also cause problems safest route is not ejaculating so much.

baccheion

Taking supplements can help but can also cause problems safest route is not ejaculating so much.
Maybe, but not having the option to is concerning. At least 1x/day should be doable without issue.

Luk3

I used to ejaculate 5-6 times a week I had to stop and start not ejaculating because it made me feel so bad .. I also have chronic prostatitis and if I ejaculate I get a burning pain in my penis for days one ejaculation a week won't be too bad on the pain but just two a week gives me terrible pain .. more ejaculation does not work for me. Ideal frequency for me seems to be about once every two weeks.
Have you had your prolactin tested? I have similar issues ejculating, and my prolactin was very high (25). I’ve lowered it with metergoline, but it’s still at about 16. I also had prostate pain, but it’s disappeared since lowering the prolactin. I’m hoping more issues will resolve when I get it down to the lower end of the range.

Jing

Have you had your prolactin tested? I have similar issues ejculating, and my prolactin was very high (25). I’ve lowered it with metergoline, but it’s still at about 16. I also had prostate pain, but it’s disappeared since lowering the prolactin. I’m hoping more issues will resolve when I get it down to the lower end of the range.
Yh 231 mu/l so about 12 this was the day after ejaculation

Jing

I was taking exemestane recently only for about week and half it did seem to increase my libido and improve erections abit but it stopped working after a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals